Topic: DEV - Player conference

As addressed in the recent DEV blog, we are planning on holding a discussion with representatives from the major power blocks in game. The goal of this meeting is to gather information that helps us with the further necessary balancing of the MPC system.

Issues to be discussed:

- MPC risk/reward
- MPC offense/defense mechanism (this includes the current teleport range issue)

The meeting will be moderated. Every representative will have 5 minutes to express his view on the predefined minutes. There will be a second 5 minute chance to reflect on the ideas raised in the first round. At the end we may have a little free-for-all as well.

We would like to ask every representative to collect their thoughts and ideas and organise them to fit within the time restrictions of the meet.

Invited parties:

- NATO Coalition / Hokk alliance
- The Soviet Union
- AIG

We would like to invite two (maximum three if there is no way two can cover it) from each of these factions. The time of the discussion will be in no less than 48 hours. We would like to kindly ask the representatives to post in this thread so we can arrange a meeting sometime around Thursday night CEST.

Attending:

Azyre (AIC)
Zortarg Calltar (REMEDY)
Line (DoY)
Alexadar (CHAOS)
Qwertyboom (B.O.S)
Kaldenines (M2S)
Dazamin (NeX)
Tamas Vitez (CIR)
Lemon (CIR)
Cassius (STC)

Time: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 20:00 CEST

Teamspeak:

teamspeak.perpetuum-online.com
port: 9987
pass: to be handed out on IRC (http://irc.perpetuum-online.com/)

This post will continually be updated with the exact time, location and protocol of the discussion, as soon as we have come to a consensus with the involved parties.

Re: DEV - Player conference

would like to have a place to speak for the alsbale alliance pls. we might be in a loose alliance with hokk but that NATO stuff is just CIRs propaganda... and we are still 2 seprate alliances. besides the problem with the 2000m around the teleports also affects our terraformed "superstructure" on yuraion ro.

I will be there

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Imho, it should be 1 delegate per corp which is interested in PBS. It's just a thought roll

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Dan wrote:

Imho, it should be 1 delegate per corp which is interested in PBS. It's just a thought roll

could end in a too long talk... but i think ppl that want to talk just should put up their name here... and devs can decide who is allowed to talk if it gets too much.

I will be available during EU timezone, but its important for my RL to know when event will be, one two days beforehand.

I'm interested in this, but I would like to know the limits of these discussions. To my mind, the issues around PvP particularly, stretch back to way before Gamma and will not be solved with small building restrictions on Gamma Islands. If the discussion is strictly limited to Gamma building balance changes then I'll leave that to others.

8 (edited by Arga 2012-07-03 19:41:12)

Are you thinking about this as a Town Meeting type of format, where players get a 5 min speech, or an actual discussion?

While its nice to see people volunteering, and wanting to be active, if this is meant to be productive it has to be kept small.

If its a town meeting, then it should be open to anyone that wants to have a voice.

Edit: Also, as to the timing of the meeting. Postponing any changes means that corporations actively on gamma, or looking to build on gamma, have their game put on hold until some decision is made. No one likes to wait, and its even worse when you can't act at all, because the outcome is undecided.

Arga wrote:

Are you thinking about this as a Town Meeting type of format, where players get a 5 min speech, or an actual discussion?

While its nice to see people volunteering, and wanting to be active, if this is meant to be productive it has to be kept small.

If its a town meeting, then it should be open to anyone that wants to have a voice.

Edit: Also, as to the timing of the meeting. Postponing any changes means that corporations actively on gamma, or looking to build on gamma, have their game put on hold until some decision is made. No one likes to wait, and its even worse when you can't act at all, because the outcome is undecided.

This will be a strictly moderated discussion, a Town Meeting if you like. Ideally we would like 6 people to be present, but we'll make reasonable exceptions. Please try to pass up ideas through your hierarchies instead of promoting more people to attend, as it will just lower the productivity of the meet.

We think 48 hours is a reasonable time frame to gather ideas and thoughts. While your argument is valid about the timing, doing the proper changes in one go instead of semi-successful iterations will most likely pay off.

I think the weekend would work better. Just my 2 cents is all.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Arga wrote:

I'd agree it should be fairly small, and I think the people volunteering in this thread are all(or mostly) corp CEOs.  and that is the reason I ask about the limits of the discussion. If its strictly a Gamma building discussion, there are other people in my alliance with more to contribute than me.

Our alliance will discuss this and elect candidates to attend this event. We will post when we have accurate list.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Dazamin wrote:
Arga wrote:

I'd agree it should be fairly small, and I think the people volunteering in this thread are all(or mostly) corp CEOs.  and that is the reason I ask about the limits of the discussion. If its strictly a Gamma building discussion, there are other people in my alliance with more to contribute than me.

To my knowledge it is largely about the gamma change and how it will effect the current gamma players and there opinions/ideas around it.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

14 (edited by Dazamin 2012-07-03 20:41:31)

Lemon wrote:

To my knowledge it is largely about the gamma change and how it will effect the current gamma players and there opinions/ideas around it.

I figured as much, but I ask because at this point, at least in my opinion, moving terraforming borders backwards or forwards 1500m does not make much difference to the game (short of pissing of those who already built stuff). Theres a whole number of issues and quite frankly a discussion about adjusting a few structures or adding more NPCs to Gamma will make very little difference to the game as a whole.

15 (edited by Qwertyboom 2012-07-04 00:00:46)

I will be Attending For AIG.

my timezone is USA  EST

(edited to add timezone  Thank you lemon)

Qwertyboom wrote:

I will be Attending For AIG.

Edit with your Tz mate

@Daza-

I will be preparing material for making Gamma sustainable as part of our 5 min segment to be presented by whome ever is going.

I think key things to cover is the goal is to

A) allow some wiggle room to sleep
B) Self Stustaining *short of island specific resources for trade*

-we should make a separate thread for disusing the "topics that should/could"

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

17 (edited by Dazamin 2012-07-03 23:02:06)

DEV Calvin wrote:

We think 48 hours is a reasonable time frame to gather ideas and thoughts. While your argument is valid about the timing, doing the proper changes in one go instead of semi-successful iterations will most likely pay off.

Iteration is the only way to go, unless you're seriously suggesting that three alliances can talk for 5 mins each, you can make a little patch and everything will be ok? I'll leave it at that as I'm probably derailing the thread, but please, if you're gonna do this, then do it properly, and accept the scale of what needs to be done.

Lemon wrote:

B) Self Stustaining *short of island specific resources for trade*

i fully support that

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

19 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-07-04 00:42:45)

you know the saying "better late than never" well i have to wonder if it is actually to late. DEVs doing stupid things has been happening for YEARS i dont expect things to change over night.

Lets have a quick recap of some of the golden moments:

1.NPCs were nerfed with out even sending out a dev blog to say it was happening till we get the patch notes. Hurting Alpha players big time.

2. You bring walls 1.0 in not expecting them to be spammed & then nerf them in walls 2.0 costing people much wasted nic & most importantly wasted time.

3. Probes 1.0 come out that are ridiculously OP. ANd that get used .. wait for it.... in ways the devs didnt expect...

4. And then lets go further back to intrusion 2.0 The change that was to improve the pvp experience of the game. All this did was sign the end of having a big battle & is now used more for free lootz.

Now there have been some things done well but... the amount of times the devs seem to change their mind F**king up their player base seems to out weigh the good.

Oh and dont get me started on the lack of bloody advertising. I mean really guys population in this game is bad.

You have way more issues here than just "gamma & TF / PBS"

With a track record like the DEVs have i dont seem them making any change. Am i jaded after all this time.. well no i actually had high hopes for gamma..... And then i seen the patch notes.. POOF there want that.

So many people have yelled at you guys over the years when you have gone to do stupid things. And yet you still do them. We tell you months ago how people will use TFing & turrets & you dont listen AND then act shocked when wait for it.... people TF them selves in.

Sorry but my faith in the DEVs as a whole is well & truly gone.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

If possible, TS should allow guests to connect in listen only mode.

While the number of active participants needs to be low, I believe the community at large will want to at least hear first hand what is discussed.

Transparency is crucial here, to provide everyone (looking at you Obi) with the same information, and even if they can't respond directly at the meeting, to do so on the forums later.

I would like to also back up Arga's post regarding the ability to listen in or listen to the discussion after the fact via a recording or transcript.

A ToG representative would like to listen to the discussion or if not possible this should be available for everyone to listen too since a large number of our players are interested in the conversation. Also, I doubt the timing would be agreeable to most ToG members as they are +10 GMT ( Australia/NZ ), so a recording of the discussion would be a good way for everyone to hear what is being discussed.

Transparency is important here.

Duma

I agree with being able to listen during and after

+1 to yep live feed like Tournament, So I can type in all capps in general chat.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I also have to agree with Arga.  Transparency is key here, this meeting will be felt throughout the entire perpetuum community, and all people should be able to listen to what is said in this.  All topics discussed will be of great interest. I for one do not want things skewed by this person telling this person, telling this person what was said.

Qwertyboom wrote:

I also have to agree with Arga.  Transparency is key here, this meeting will be felt throughout the entire perpetuum community, and all people should be able to listen to what is said in this.  All topics discussed will be of great interest. I for one do not want things skewed by this person telling this person, telling this person what was said.

^^ the man speaks the truth

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue