Topic: Gamma NPCs and you

Despite recent announcement about gamma nerf for construction, gamma have very low attraction for farmers. Gamma NPCs are rare. As alternative, players need to farm beacons for farming. But they should farm missions on alpha-beta (not gamma) for it, what is bad mechanics for self-sufficient gamma corp, or farm gamma artifacts, what is not fun work for farmers.
Players who like to shoot should have ability to come and shoot. Make it or revamp "farming".
Market isn't and wont be a solution for alpha-gamma hub for farmers and buyers: gamma corps wont make money on gamma, because gamma is far from missions and NPC buy orders.
As a solution i would like to propose to implement unterraformable spots with npc's on gamma. Lets say, there will be 1 super-pack per gamma: 20+ npcs and NPC structures. Good challenge for gamma corp.

I know, there was similar threads, but i want to post this one to show how huge problem is.

2 (edited by Burial 2012-07-02 23:12:11)

Re: Gamma NPCs and you

I don't think changing it really is needed. Get your detection alt out and look for the spawns. Get team up and farm them, you should get many times more plasma then from top Beta spawns. Gamma is supposed to have ultra hard spawns from the start and it is perfectly logical. Too few spawns? There are more islands if you are willing to take the risk.

Personally I think the spawns, now after the latest rebalancing patch, are perfect and should not be messed with any more.

I've yet to see a superior  observer on Novaya to date...

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Burial wrote:

I don't think changing it really is needed. Get your detection alt out and look for the spawns. Get team up and farm them, you should get many times more plasma then from top Beta spawns. Gamma is supposed to have ultra hard spawns from the start and it is perfectly logical. Too few spawns? There are more islands if you are willing to take the risk.

Personally I think the spawns, now after the latest rebalancing patch, are perfect and should not be messed with any more.

On a Alpha spawn i stand in 1 spot and  can kill 25-30 Mesmers + 10-15 Vagabonds +10-15 Kains in 10 mins

Gamme i get 1/4th of that and i have to move to find them.

^working as intended?

Gamma in a hour i can get 20k plasma if im lucky huting NPC's

Alpha i am getting over 140k a Hour.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

5 (edited by Sundial 2012-07-03 02:45:04)

Burial wrote:

Please leave this thread to people who actually farm for plasma seriously.

Lemon is right, you can make far more on alpha. Try a beta 5 star mech spawn.... Gamma farming is the weakest of all three island types.

Gamma NPCs are the most underwhelming part of the entire thing...

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I was actually hoping Gamma would have had a new kind of NPC hard to kill but worth alot.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

I was actually hoping Gamma would have had a new kind of NPC hard to kill but worth alot.

Roaming observer gangs that focus fire / spider tank / do hardcore ewar and require organized strategies / compositions to take down. They should drop beacons that are even more bad *** and escalate based on the number of bots you have  cool

TLDR:

NPC hunting on gamma needs to be both challenging and rewarding. Currently it is neither.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

i support this message

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

+1 Lvl 9 mobs.  Guarenteed kernals and 10K plasma a kill and a handjob.  Just saying.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+1 gamma needs more/better spawns

dont forget, on gamma you can't make npcs to NIC,
nor can you buy anything from that NIC you made ON gamma.

ultimately, i suppose you don't need NIC on gamma once you got all your base facilities up, since IN YOUR OWN BASE it makes no sense to pay for station services.

Gamma NPC should not be "Farming places"... Gamma npcs should be base building NPC that you fight to get construction blocks and terraforming charges....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear