51 (edited by Lemon 2012-07-03 01:44:43)

Re: Change to construction around gamma teleports

Wrong Thread

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Syndic wrote:

Gamma bye-bye. lol

EDIT:

Dont worry guys, it'll get reverted back to 250 meters 2-3 days after we destroy M2S's Gamma base.

Its funny because it's true.

53 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2012-07-03 02:45:30)

Compensation:

"Today for the better benefit of the game we have decided to wipe everyones hangar. As a compensation here's some nics at mineral cost. Enjoy piloting said nics.". Seriously...

54 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-07-03 04:33:32)

Arga wrote:

Um.

I'm really really starting to hate being the first to deploy stuff.

We, and i'm sure others, have made a significant investment in terraforming around the teleporters with the express purpose of supporting turrets.

While its generous of you not to destroy what we already have, your now forcing us to spend 100's of millions of more NIC to reterraform based on this change.

I'm not saying this change is bad, but again, 'first to market' are paying for balance changes.

this is why we have waited smile

@ the devs

REALLY GUYS ??? me & a few others back on the test server TOLD YOU that the limits as there were needed to change but you wait till now?

faith in devs -1

Syndic wrote:

2 kilometers radius very accurately covers the entire defensive array around the only Gamma base in-game, it's pretty clear whats going on here. roll

Man Devs you must be pissing way to many people off for me to start agreeing with syndic
B***dy devs cant make up their mind or they are to short sighted to have seen how bps & TF would be used.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Alexadar wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
mqx wrote:

This change is ambiguous. 500m is pretty darn close, but at 2k an effective defense is practically impossible, or at least quadruples the tf/defense cost. This should be reevaluated, possibly.

This pretty much sums up the need for the change. We don't want you to defend the teleport, we want you to defend your base.

With the 500m radius it's just too easy to create a chokepoint around the teleports. We had to make a decision to let it go on like this and make things even worse with time, or make the change in hope for a better gameplay.

I think this all will end up with a restriction to build far from your terminal, plus your terminal will have to stand directly in the center of gamma.

ZOoomm lol, players will build a walls and turret batteries around a teleports anyway. Even after you will introduce this change.

I like your intention to see more defense near base of players, but it is IMPOSSIBLE WHILE WE HAVE THIS FREAKING PROBLEM WITH CHOKE POINT TELEPORT SYSTEM!!!!!! People will defend CHOKE POINTS, not the BASE. I told you it, and it happened, and it caused problems as i told.

Just don't do this change. Artillery will make a bit effect, not this silly restriction.

Again, DEVs, for me its obvious now that before you will introduce huge (100500x100500km) continents, you will spend very MUCH time to solve choke point problem. The time what you can put towards continents. Im not your manager, i can be wrong, but its my opinion.

choke points are the problem but there are only 2 ways to get rid of them... turn the whole game into 1 land mass smile OR the ability to spawn into random locations on islands u wanna jump to.. the last one would be *** -_-

Any 1 for the addition of land bridges between the islands ? tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Thats a choke point?

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Thats a choke point?

Its what i do when i point my hands around your neck smile

I can point my hands in the same fashion and do the helen keller ~>.>~ ~<.<~  I don't see whats so funny about those jokes anyways.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I can point my hands in the same fashion and do the helen keller ~>.>~ ~<.<~  I don't see whats so funny about those jokes anyways.

This change, and the time of this change, is such a bad joke that anything is funny in comparison.

So it turns out allowing people to completely wall themselves off from everyone else wasn't a great idea, who knew?????..........

Coming from the person who's main gates into gamma are terraformed off...  we have an open ramp into ours.

I have nothing to do with Alliance Terraforming. I hate the way it was implemented, Its a horrible mechanic that along with others changes leads to stagnation and boredom for anyone who doesn't want to play Architect Online.

I like civil design online tbh.

64 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-07-03 15:54:29)

Ville wrote:

Coming from the person who's main gates into gamma are terraformed off...  we have an open ramp into ours.

Actually we didnt get to finish it.....

Ville wrote:

I like civil design online tbh.

As do i .. tho the sad thing is its kinda like my RL job lol tongue

Me too Obi.  Until I have to go out of town.

First of all, I don't think it is an issue at all. Second of all, instead of doing restrictions like these, give us the tools to overcome said defences.