Topic: REQUEST: Gamma base capture mechanics

Right now you can blow *** up.  You can take *** apart and take it home. 

Why can't you just take control of something that's already there and use it? 

I'd much rather have the outpost in tact and get to keep all the loot than to blow it up and only get a portion.  It also means that the assets stay in the game and can be fought over again instead of going up in smoke.

I think all buildings should be conquerable.  This game is now essentially a first person RTS game, in slow motion, where you get command of as many bots as you have accounts and ability to multitask, where are my Engineers?

I do not have specific suggestions for implementation, I just think the mechanic needs to be in game in some form.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: REQUEST: Gamma base capture mechanics

Back to the SAP system?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I believe you can capture bases by breaking control to buildings and assimilating them into your own control structure. For structure in the control radius of the base (rather than connected using control towers) I suspect that you would have to destroy the base and build your own.

One of the DEVs can probably confirm this.

you can capture a base - just destroy the terminal and replace it with your own.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Crepitus 2012-07-02 20:14:12)

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

I believe you can capture bases by breaking control to buildings and assimilating them into your own control structure. For structure in the control radius of the base (rather than connected using control towers) I suspect that you would have to destroy the base and build your own.

One of the DEVs can probably confirm this.

Yea, I think you can take over buildings in some kind of weird slow Reef growing process that requires you and your enemy both have a big base set up on the same island.   I'm thinking more like Command & Conquer where I can send in an Engineer and it's my building now (obviously not as simple as that here). 

Or I sneak in to your base and take over your central power relay or whatever instead of being forced to destroy it now I can build something right next to it like my own syndicate station or take over another adjacent building you know something like that.  More parasite than cancer.

I'm primarily just interested in more opportunities for PvP.  Fighting to get your captured outpost back on Gamma would have more meaning than it does on Beta since you had to build it, and everything inside it, and everything around it.  I think Line's intrusion mechanics for the Gamma islands is a good idea.

EDIT: with some modifications of course, it should take longer to take a Gamma outpost than it does a Beta one that no one built.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

dont compare base building in perp with C&C...

in C&C you take a MCV next to a tiberium field, unfold it, build your barracs, powerplant and refinery with your starting income. Then youre harvester collects tiberium and you can expand your base. As long as you got a spare MCV and a few resources, you can make a comback.

in perp, you have to grind TONS of resources and NIC before you can even start thinking about a base
then you have to move that stuff into a location, build a horrendous expensive terminal that does nothing but store your stuff that you had to grind BEFORE you moved there.

then you have to build a minimum of 10 other horrendous expensive buildings (dont forget the terraforming) with materials that you bought from npcs far away, and hauled it into your base.

after a several days nonstop mining and cultivating noralgis, you can finally CRAFT that stuff on your own - at that point your already sitting in a fully built standard base bought from the alpha market.

if you have built your base far out on an island like Solarfield, or Clandrais -> you cannot build even a single combat robot, weapon or ammo piece without importing a mineral from another island. for example, to build a yagel in your calandrais base, you have to get triandlus from Mhenosha or Kentagura...

thats nothing like C&C...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear