Topic: Change to construction around gamma teleports

Currently the fixed teleports on gamma islands have a 500m construction radius where you can't place colony buildings.

In a patch on 2012-07-05 this limit will be increased to 2000m.

We won't take any action regarding buildings within the increased no-construction zone, they will remain there until they are deconstructed or destroyed.

We're discussing the method of compensation for the corporations affected by this change.

Re: Change to construction around gamma teleports

are you serious??

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

fuuu

I see the M2S batphone is still working quite well. Literally EVERY tactic used against them in the past month has been fixed by the Devs within a week. You guys aren't even TRYING to hide it anymore. This is getting to be worse than T20, and thats a high standard of bias.

Nice move Devs.  Next time try play the game and see what these changes do.  The faith in the Devs is starting to fail more and more.

Um.

I'm really really starting to hate being the first to deploy stuff.

We, and i'm sure others, have made a significant investment in terraforming around the teleporters with the express purpose of supporting turrets.

While its generous of you not to destroy what we already have, your now forcing us to spend 100's of millions of more NIC to reterraform based on this change.

I'm not saying this change is bad, but again, 'first to market' are paying for balance changes.

7 (edited by Syndic 2012-07-02 19:44:57)

Gamma bye-bye. lol

EDIT:

Dont worry guys, it'll get reverted back to 250 meters 2-3 days after we destroy M2S's Gamma base.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

someone tell me how i move all my assets from that well defended terminal, that will have a one-time defense after that patch....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

Currently the fixed teleports on gamma islands have a 500m construction radius where you can't place colony buildings.

In a patch on 2012-07-05 this limit will be increased to 2000m.

We won't take any action regarding buildings within the increased no-construction zone, they will remain there until they are deconstructed or destroyed.

Can we get a explanation for this change?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

The obvious answer is:

"Since this only effects one colony at this time, we feel that the trade-off of implementing a change that will make the barrier for entry lower into gamma is worth it."

100's of damn hours, billions of NIC, and I'm sure our friendly forum trolls will simply blame that on CIR choosing to put their outpost in a location that was obviously going to get nerfed.

Can I batphone you to nerf(balance) EW?

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

2 kilometers radius very accurately covers the entire defensive array around the only Gamma base in-game, it's pretty clear whats going on here. roll

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I just love these instant patches.  I dont see that this was planned long ago, otherwise we would have been told about such a change ?

And yet they STILL haven't *** fixed the NPC spawns Gamma. No wonder this game has 400 subs.

Well, thanks for at least announcing it before we read it in patch notes.
That's a great step forward.
Still have to think about this change to give feedback.

I understand the need for developers to make changes. But when those changes negate literally 100's of man-hours in resource gathering, construction, factory, NIC farming, and terraforming time; a 'little notice' is the least they could provide.

In this case, simply grandfathering the existing structures is insuffcient.

What is up with these quick patches ?  it looks to me at least, that most of the recent changes is just something made up real quick. I am also starting to loose faith in the Devs in this.

What is the reason and why this sudden ?   I thought the test servers were where you test things before you let it out on the live servers where we pay for the game. Insane hours of planning is being flushed out in the toilet and you give us a 3 days warning before this change happens ?  Sheesh thanks.

GAMMA - We didn't want to live there anyway!

For me atleast, the actual anger I'm feeling here is that again, the Devs have stepped in and negated so much of my personal effort; not to mention the long hours the rest of the corp and alliance members put in.

The crappiest part, is all that effort saw only a single attack.

And, just so its understood, all it takes now, is for someone to destroy the power/command relays that feed the turret arrays; which can't be rebuilt, to take the whole system down. Not as the devs may have envisioned, a series of small attacks attrition attacks to remove the items 1 by 1.

Will everything spent on terraforming be reimbursed?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Will everything spent on terraforming be reimbursed?

Of course not. But undocking in 8 replicated heavy mechs in one fight is just fine!

This change is ambiguous. 500m is pretty darn close, but at 2k an effective defense is practically impossible, or at least quadruples the tf/defense cost. This should be reevaluated, possibly.

mqx wrote:

This change is ambiguous. 500m is pretty darn close, but at 2k an effective defense is practically impossible, or at least quadruples the tf/defense cost. This should be reevaluated, possibly.

This pretty much sums up the need for the change. We don't want you to defend the teleport, we want you to defend your base.

With the 500m radius it's just too easy to create a chokepoint around the teleports. We had to make a decision to let it go on like this and make things even worse with time, or make the change in hope for a better gameplay.

Risk vs Reward is crying.

The risk has been exponentially increased but our reward remains WORSE than living on a beta island.

The change itself is not bad, its the context and the manner the change is being executed. Make gamma actually worth living on before you remove the only legitimate reason to live there besides epeen.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

So, reimbursements then? Both sides have invested a lot in terraforming teleports.