1 (edited by Mark Zima 2012-06-17 14:25:23)

Topic: More PBS clarification please

1. What's the cycle time and energy consumption for every type of turret? I know they don't consume anything when idle, I'm asking about the "engaged" state.

2. Is lock range and optimal range the same for turrets? What is their falloff?

3. What are the conditions for deconstructing something? Having a control link established? What about main terminals?

4. What's the % of blocks returned upon deconstruction?

5. Is it ok to deploy turrets closer than 1k from the teleport?

6. Are all the limiting distances in PBS measured in 2D or 3D? E.g. given the connection radius of 200m, is it possible to connect 2 structures 20 tiles apart regardless of elevation difference?

7. "Booster nodes consume different amounts of energy  depending on the connected target(s)" is in the booster description. Can we have some details about the actual energy consumption? Also, booster effects (in %) are not listed anywhere.

8. What's the effect range and effect strength of a masker tower, mining tower?

To be continued...

Re: More PBS clarification please

I'm agree
More information

1. What's the cycle time and energy consumption for every type of turret? I know they don't consume anything when idle, I'm asking about the "engaged" state.
2. Is lock range and optimal range the same for turrets? What is their falloff?
To get something approximate about the modules you shold chassis scan them and check the info of the modules.
One other thing: if you get the info from your own turret from within the colony management you can also see the boosted attributes.
*later

3. What are the conditions for deconstructing something? Having a control link established? What about main terminals?
You can only deconstruct the owned structures. (belongs to your corporation). Main terminals need a green light from the ceo: he has to allow it explicitly.
The node must be offline.

4. What's the % of blocks returned upon deconstruction?
70%

5. Is it ok to deploy turrets closer than 1k from the teleport?
If the server lets it then yes. Teleports also have construction radius of 500m.

6. Are all the limiting distances in PBS measured in 2D or 3D? E.g. given the connection radius of 200m, is it possible to connect 2 structures 20 tiles apart regardless of elevation difference?
2D

7. "Booster nodes consume different amounts of energy  depending on the connected target(s)" is in the booster description. Can we have some details about the actual energy consumption?
Check "last energy usage/output" in the colony management! This was the last consumed amount of energy. This value accumulates the energy used in the past 30 seconds, and if the value is higher than 0 it refreshes the value. Sorry for turrets we weren't able to do/fix them yet.

7b. Also, booster effects (in %) are not listed anywhere.
*later

8. What's the effect range and effect strength of a masker tower, mining tower?
They emit the effect within their connection radius.

*later = a proper solution is needed/not ready yet.

Zima - just go build a Gamma outpost and test it yourself.  Oh wait...   big_smile

Here let me enlighten the masses a bit:

1.)  Each turret is different and will respond differently in different situations.  Use differential calculus to calculate your calculations in this regard.

2.) When turrets lock you they will fire and you will have a quick trip for a refit.  Trial arkhes are particularly vulnerable to these types of attacks, especially the un-corp'd ones!!

3.) Decon is used for moving your stuff into new locations, otherwise enemy structures should just be face-melted and their loot gobbled up!!  Bring a scarab!  smile

4.) 70% blocks will return on destruction as well.  Further you get an assortment of commodities used in the construction of the structure.

5.) I believe the construction range is about 1km.  Laser turrets fire quite a distance though so be careful!!  Please play the game to find out more information.  You are welcome to test these things on your own as well - *derp*.

6.) The entire server engine is based on 2D modeling.  IE:  TOG uses a field can "exploit" / feature to move equipment across their cliffs of Dover.  This can be experimented with at Yurion RO if you want.  Again, actually playing the game helps determine these things.

7.) Please just play the game and find out for yourself... jeez its like you want to make sure Heaven is really a cool place to spend eternity before you start acting like a decent human being.  Seriously though, you really just need to hook *** up and watch it.

7b.) Each booster is about a 10% buff.

8.) Just build one and find out yourself.  It is a sandbox after all.  Let me just say that the effect strength of the masking tower is, well... FUGGIN AMAZING!!!  Mining tower, without boosters, give a +10% calixum buff.

In short, Zima, JUST PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.