Topic: Request - please un-seed NPC ammo from market

Please remove the NPC sell orders for ammo. By now, for sure more than 1 player (actually whoever cares enough to research the kernels) can produce any of the ammo that is not a mission reward.

Also, the presence of the NPC sell order is just a ceiling for the ammo prices. Make it so that players control the price and the free market operates as it should.

If you are absolutely opposed to the idea of removing the NPC orders, at least double the price of the NPC-sold ammo.

Thanks!

Re: Request - please un-seed NPC ammo from market

huh? did someone re-seed the market with npc orders again?

last time i checked, there was only a fraction seeded (all bullets and only 1 type per small ammo of all other weapons)

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Recognizer wrote:

huh? did someone re-seed the market with npc orders again?

last time i checked, there was only a fraction seeded (all bullets and only 1 type per small ammo of all other weapons)

yes, you're correct.

I think Rayna Von Savant wants those removed from the NPC seed market also.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

If they do remove these seeds, perhaps that means Neoxx will be able to sell the 30k small bullets he gets for being the most dangerous agent on Nia?

Recognizer, as long as there is at least one ammo of each type, then the market is seeded, isn't it? Or is that too complicated to comprehend? You act really surprised and all.

Anyways, please unseed that item, and make it player controlled. As long as that one item per type is seeded, prices will stay artificially controlled.

Campana wrote:

If they do remove these seeds, perhaps that means Neoxx will be able to sell the 30k small bullets he gets for being the most dangerous agent on Nia?

I already sold them to crappy buy orders and was still easily able to buy more than twice the ammo I used to kill them.  I win again, perpetuum.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Please start selling ammo on the market below seed price.

ktxbye

8 (edited by Rayna Von Savant 2010-12-10 21:33:51)

The BUY prices of the majority of the small laser ammo is now higher than the NPC sell price of Small sonic energy cell. Come on devs, cancel that sell order!

+1.

-1 its good to have some cheap amo that we can default to. the kind that is npc sold is pretty much the most standard, and often the worse general type. Just resell yours for lower.

Neijek, by the same reasoning, then, surely, it is good to have some cheap modules, robots, charges, ore, commodites, herbs, and everything else sold by the NPCs, right? Let's all give up the 'P is a sandbox game' ideal then.

naa, as is i think it's fine as is. just the most base things  (mining charges, geo scan, amo) or better the "crap" kind of things which are seeded nothing else really.

Neijek wrote:

naa, as is i think it's fine as is. just the most base things  (mining charges, geo scan, amo) or better the "crap" kind of things which are seeded nothing else really.

But ammo, and charges, can be produced by players now - been long that way. The trouble with this issue is that for laser ammo, the BUY orders for all other ammo, besides the small sonic energy cell, exceed the NPC sell order for the one ammo that is NPC sold, showing that the demand far exceeds how much players produce.

If you remove the incentive for miners and industrialists to make a profit, there is not much of a point in the game.

If they DO remove the NPC sell orders, then they will see how stupid the current PVE combat reward system is. If you run combat missions as a Laser (asintec) toon, you LOSE NIC by buying the ammo needed to do l1 assignments in a prometheus with 5 laser guns on it.

Denying that the problem exists will get us nowhere, so let's let the game play out as it was meant to, so the Devs can achieve the right balance - not some twisted half-assed NPC bolstered fake sense of right-ness.

All npc sell orders do is keep people from robbing their buyers. You can produce ammo at a LOT less than that, people just don't want to.

Jita wrote:

All npc sell orders do is keep people from robbing their buyers. You can produce ammo at a LOT less than that, people just don't want to.

Let's try a different take on that:

"All npc sell orders do is keep people from making the profit they deserve to. You can sell ammo at a LOT more than that, the DEVs just don't want you to."

16 (edited by Vortigon 2010-12-11 20:47:39)

No! don't remove it, prices at the NPC should be the ceiling for prices and they are high enough even at that level.

If you can't produce ammo cheaper than the NPC and still make a profit then you are in the wrong business or are just plain greedy.

There is no reason to remove the NPC sell order unless you plan on charging extortionate prices.

If they remove the NPC sell order - I will personally make it my goal to sell ammo at cost price or less than cost price for the masses.

Well, I think I have stated the reasons amply well. Don't have any more to say about this anymore.

If you spent any time in general chat, you would know that the most frequent whine from new players is the price of ammo. Lets not make it any harder for noobs than it already is. We want this game to grow.

There are plenty of other ways to make nic with production, and there simply isn't enough ammo on the market to support the demand yet.