Topic: Shield for green, ERP for blue, ??? - for yellow

At the moment, we have two high-end tanking fittings:
Shield tank, for accumulator tanking
ERP tank for active armor repair

Its not a secret that ERP usefull both for blue and yellow bots due to blue repair bonus and yellow resist bonus.
ERP gives enough capacitor for blues to activate 2 or 3 repair modules with repair tuners.
ERP gives enough capacitor for yellows to permarun repair modules too, but here is a catch:

We using shield tuners for greenies to boost shield tanking (head slots)
We using armor tunings to boost blue rpair bonus (head slots)
We using shield hardeners to boost yellow armor buffer and repair power (leg slots). Here is a bit of nonsense: yellows should ballance between hardeners and repair modules and ERP to make effective tank, while blues and greens balancing between leg and head slots.

My idea is that this game have enough space for new module:

Meet Active Armor Hardener

Active Armor Hardener is active module for resist tanking. It will work in a next way: if incoming damage per second exceeds certain value, Armor Hardener adds special effect what will increase resistance against this type of damage. If you got more damage, another effect will stack. Ofc. diminishing return will work to prevent 100% resist. There will be 3 Active Armor Hardeners: kinetic, seismic, thermal. They will have different numbers of threshold parameters for each damage type.

For examle seismic AAH will have
100 chemical DPS per effect
100 termal DPS per effect
100 kinetik DPS per effect
50 seismic DPS per effect
+50 resist per stack.

To removedisbalance, you will be able to gain 1 stack per one cycle of AAH. You will loose a stack if incoming damage was lower then number of stacks*treshold.

This module will allow yellow bots to reuse their resists with full capacity, tank alot of damage, but on same time be vulnerable to powerful focus damage, because you will got another stack only after damage will be taken. One armor repair without repair tuners will easily repair damage taken. This will make yellows - ultimate resist tanks, as they should be.

Re: Shield for green, ERP for blue, ??? - for yellow

It's an interesting mechanic but this implementation would be OP as ***.  Stack uni/active armor resists and whatnot on top of yellow with reactive armor hardening to the type you're getting hit by?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Players, who fighting this tank will have to balance DPS in a way that tank will not get new stacks, so FC will have a task to find a "DPS" window what breaking a tank. And again, this tank vulnerable to focus fire, because he will get new stack only after next cycle of module. If you will do enough DPS between cycles - tank will die.
The pilot will have hard task to: get constantly increased DPS, but not much between cycles of a hardener, because he can die. This task reminds the task of ERP driver to activate/deactivate repair modules, and the task of shield driver to activate/deactivate shield for next shoot.
So, its OP only for a first impression.
It would be good to make stacks visible to all players.

4 (edited by Burial 2012-06-14 13:52:18)

Crepitus wrote:

It's an interesting mechanic but this implementation would be OP as ***.  Stack uni/active armor resists and whatnot on top of yellow with reactive armor hardening to the type you're getting hit by?

Agreed. These kinds of modules are interesting and provide a lot of variety but the module Alexadar described would be extremely OP. The yellows do not need a boost. They are passive buffer tanks and they are great at it. Green and blue have their shortcomings too when looking at tanking and I think it is somewhat balanced right now(could need MINOR tweaks).

+1 for new module ideas
-1 for that particular module

Shooting module ideas right from the top of my head:
- Module that mitigates X amount of damage from the shot. Could be damage type specific.
- Module that reflects X amount or percentage of the damage back to the shooter.
- Different modules(could be called viruses) that cause different damage-over-time effects: -hp, -accu, -speed and so on.
- Modules that apply some effect on tiles, both good and bad. Could be multi-tile lenght and all would run out on with some time.
- Different beneficial modules that can be used on friendlies that give short-lasting benefits.

5 (edited by Mork Hunt 2012-06-14 13:55:44)

Alexadar wrote:

We using shield tuners for greenies to boost shield tanking (head slots)

Where are these at? never seen em and can not find em..

He means shield hardeners.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

7 (edited by Inda 2012-06-14 14:27:07)

What I can see, ERP is not high-end afaik.

Greens are kinda good in shield tank vs some bots(3-5?), Blues are good against 2 bot max, Yellow also good against 2 with their resist.

I think where is something bad is the shield tank a bit better than others. But I also needed check again, and try practice this out.

But If I forget the shield is better (because you cant shoot when is up so this is dsadvantage this why I said "bit better") the greens can use the "bonus" + tuning, blues can use "bonus" + tuning yellow dont have tuning for "bonus". But the yellow bonus is really good at resist, so this is nearly "bonus" + tuning in bonus.

Btw, we can count, math them out if needed and practice them out.

I forgot the autocannons adn machine guns for blue and yellow, the yellow have more accu so for them bit better use the autocannons.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:

What I can see, ERP is not high-end afaik.

Greens are kinda good in shield tank vs some bots(3-5?), Blues are good against 2 bot max, Yellow also good against 2 with their resist.

I think where is something bad is the shield tank a bit better than others. But I also needed check again, and try practice this out.

But If I forget the shield is better (because you cant shoot when is up so this is dsadvantage this why I said "bit better") the greens can use the "bonus" + tuning, blues can use "bonus" + tuning yellow dont have tuning for "bonus". But the yellow bonus is really good at resist, so this is nearly "bonus" + tuning in bonus.

Btw, we can count, math them out if needed and practice them out.

I forgot the autocannons adn machine guns for blue and yellow, the yellow have more accu so for them bit better use the autocannons.

Their all balanced fine.

With the nerf to offense while defending of green their increased tankability against raw damage is offset...not to mention you have to look at the fact that they are the lowest dps bots in the game.. we have to look at the bots as a whole..

I seriously think we need to look into nerfing ERPs.  Again, and Again, and Again, and one more time after that so Hunter is Happy.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

All i want: to make good lore:
Armor resists for yellow.
Armor repair for blue.
Shield for greens.
I don't like the lore where two sides almost similar, but third is another.

i would have ideas for this, but its wasted effort to post it on the forums...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear