Topic: Player houses.

As I roam the islands (alpha) I see all kinds of abandoned structures.  Why can't we have the ability to place a small structure of our own?  Pay a land use fee and upgrade fee for storage per month.  Im not too fond of the station terminals.   SOME of us just want to roam about and mine. not everyone is a PVP'er.

Thanks

Re: Player houses.

Bloodskull wrote:

As I roam the islands (alpha) I see all kinds of abandoned structures.  Why can't we have the ability to place a small structure of our own?  Pay a land use fee and upgrade fee for storage per month.  Im not too fond of the station terminals.   SOME of us just want to roam about and mine. not everyone is a PVP'er.

Thanks

This has been talked about in previous discussions -- and has been hinted at as a future possibility. But with the landmass so small and no way to 'kick you out' they'd have to balance around a very high maintenance fee.

Another suggestion I made was to limit who can place by only allowing people with 6.0 rep with that faction on that island to place. Similar to how things are done in other sandbox's.

3 (edited by Burial 2012-06-14 19:14:11)

The rent could be dynamic based on the amount of structures on the island/on the sector of the island. Cheaper sectors, more expensive ones and so on. If one spot becomes overcrowded, the rent could grow to ridiculous amounts. Fun idea.

Interesting idea, kind of like it.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

5 (edited by Bloodskull 2012-06-14 21:46:31)

While I usually don't do missions (I am a miner) I don't know how long or what it would take to get a 6.0 rep I do not think that is a good point to place a structure.

I feel that having your own structure keeps you more anchored to the game, giving you a feeling of having a part of it and wanting to come back and do more things. Staying in a terminal does not make me feel like returning often.
A nice place in the hills overlooking the water in one of my favorite mining areas would make it more fun to log in.
Then, happily I would make trips to the terminal to sell, refine or get provisions.

Bloodskull wrote:

While I usually don't do missions (I am a miner) I don't know how long or what it would take to get a 6.0 rep I do not think that is a good point to place a structure.

I feel that having your own structure keeps you more anchored to the game, giving you a feeling of having a part of it and wanting to come back and do more things. Staying in a terminal does not make me feel like returning often.
A nice place in the hills overlooking the water in one of my favorite mining areas would make it more fun to log in.
Then, happily I would make trips to the terminal to sell, refine or get provisions.

This is already ingame, its called gamma. smile

Soon(tm)

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"