1 (edited by Goffer 2012-06-06 07:23:25)

Topic: CT treatment after Indy 2.0 Patch

At the Indy Patch all CTs were converted 1:1 from old values to new values, without seeing, that after patch a 60/60 CT is quite bad and should not be used for production, while it was before something considered a good CT worth for several production cycles.

A patch later the CTs stucking in factory where doubled to repair this, but all old CTs not in factory seem to be forgotten. On the other hand side a CT new created and allready in factory seems to be doubled as well. This can't be the intended behavior for the DEVs.

I would like to have none of the new CTs doubled, but the old ones that got no doubling still handled properly.
I was first told, that there might have been an algorithm, checking the old CT value before doubling, which would be good, as I think an old 50% CT should not be a new 100/100 CT, but old 60/60 should get values that you can still use further.

But after checking my CTs I see a plain doubling for all in Factory and nothing done to all other CTs. Was there a bug preventing proper handling of CTs in storages and containers?

Re: CT treatment after Indy 2.0 Patch

All my Mk2 CTs in corp storage were doubled.

I believe the doubling was MK2 CT's only. All of MK1 CT's T1 to T4 are unchanged. Around 70% of my MK2's are doubled. The rest are still 50's. Symbiont, Laird, Argano and Gargoyle all stayed 50.

Yes, the doubling was for Mk2 CTs only, and it was done everywhere, private storage, corporation storage, factory lines and robot cargos. If you have CTs with 50 points after the patch, they were likely 25s before.

Actually I'm on travel, so can't check every detail, but I can ensure you, that all my CTs in factory got doubled while other CTs of similar values in storage got no doubling, this doubling is even valid for a CT generated after Indy2.0 Patch.

As I had a lot of CTs in storage that are not produced down to a value which you would not use any further I would like to see a treatment for these CTs that is euqal to the treatment you gave the CTs in factory.

Azyre wrote:

If this is being passed off as "us being mistaken", I can gladly get a screen shot for you, Devs.

Please do, it may get things cleared up.

Devs, please explain to me the rational for destroying the value of non-MK2 CTs by not adjusting their value as you have for Mk2 CTs? 

We had spent a lot of time, NIC, and high level decoders creating a very nice corporate stock on CTs, with this change you have wiped this effort, great job!

+1 for pissing veteran PVE players off.

This discussion caused me to inspect the few standard CT I had stored and created pre-patch.

MK2 = All up graded, factory and Storage

Standard = Factory upgraded, Storage NOT upgraded

Mk2 CTs have been upgraded because we doubled their points in the artifacts too. This didn't affect standard CTs.

Standard CTs haven't been touched anywhere. If you think they were upgraded, well, good for you.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Mk2 CTs have been upgraded because we doubled their points in the artifacts too. This didn't affect standard CTs.

Standard CTs haven't been touched anywhere. If you think they were upgraded, well, good for you.

All standard CTs installed in Factories were upgraded.  If I'd have know this was going to happen I would have put as many CTs into factories as possible to limit the damage done by the Devs not upgrading standard CTs.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Interesting...

So if I have a screen shot of how my factory looked like before the MK2 upgrade patch (even before the  2012-06-03 – Gamma Frontier patch):
http://i46.tinypic.com/2exyhax.png
And a screen shot of the same factory today:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2lwvfqf.png
The only CTs that have been affected is the MK2 CTs.

1 of 2 conclusions can be made of the above screenshots:
1. I have a MK2 miner charge (titan ore).
2. Something went wrong in the MK2 upgrade.

(Notice that the first CT in the factory stayed at 100, so not everything in the factory was affected)

I correct myself then: our intention was not to touch standard CTs.

13 (edited by Goffer 2012-06-13 06:56:56)

I would consider the conversion quite more difficult. Prepatch 66% was normal, but considered quite good for a Alpha facility and T4 equipment, while a 50% CT was only used by desperate producers.

When you look how to create a CT and not how useful it is in production than a 75% is not equal to 150

After patch a 100 CT is not as bad as as 50% before, you will need good extensions and a T10 Decoder to get a 100 CT on alpha for T4 equipment. Nevertheless, I would consider a 60-75 CT worthless. T4 equipment with minimum required Decoder and moderate skills give you better than 75 CT on T2 facility.

I would assume, that it would have been better not to double CT values, but to add 20-40 points.

And I still would like to see the  CTs in storage treated that way to compensate for conversion loss.

+1

Even tho I think this will go the same way the wall nerf went I'm not going to be satisified, and we won't get any compensation other than "its to bad it went that way" talk.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Azyre wrote:

What is your reasoning for not making the CTs equal to their value now?  A pre-patch 75% CT is an after-patch 150/150 CT am I not mistaken? 

Why is this not being taken care of?  Please tell me the reasoning behind it.

Wrong, even a 50p CT is much more useful to most than a than a 50% ct was before. The points on a ct is pretty much less important even with not so perfect (10/10/10) skills even more so with a higher lvl facility and relations standing.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Azyre wrote:

What is your reasoning for not making the CTs equal to their value now?  A pre-patch 75% CT is an after-patch 150/150 CT am I not mistaken? 

Why is this not being taken care of?  Please tell me the reasoning behind it.

Wrong, even a 50p CT is much more useful to most than a than a 50% ct was before. The points on a ct is pretty much less important even with not so perfect (10/10/10) skills even more so with a higher lvl facility and relations standing.

kinda wrong with todays patch.

if a heavy mech CT degrades fixed 3 points per cycle now, the maximum you can get out of a 60 point CT are 20 Heavy mechs - and then its gone.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ok well, that's news to me just checked the patch notes. I was really trying to prove a point that now mas production efficiency at very low CT points with high skills is quite good.

RIP PERPETUUM