26 (edited by Sundial 2012-06-12 17:38:52)

Re: Block trials from beta/gamma

Burial wrote:

also abusing other players

What the.... I don't even...

Hello Kitty Online is that way ----------->

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Blocking trials is one thing, blocking arkhe's from entering is different.

Trial accounts can join corps in order for them to get a better idea how the game plays. If they join a beta or gamma corp, but then can't acutally join them on the island, then that purpose is defeated.

To be clear, I'm not talking about corps that own an outpost, but live on alpha, and this is especially true when we do get gamma colony's.

Arkhe's, if you ban them from Beta/gamma, then you'll need to give players that die and respawn at beta outposts a different bot.

And if there is one thing M2S knows is exploits! Tell them Burial.

LOL @Mark
Fresh whine-breeze, I missed that big_smile

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

But wait sitting arhke alts inside outposts to gather intel is ok?

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

31 (edited by Burial 2012-06-12 17:48:04)

I think all the responses from CIR and friends should be disregarded as they are the ones actually doing it heavily right now. Would love to hear a neutral voice on the matter and no neutral trial accounts please. big_smile

32 (edited by Sundial 2012-06-12 17:49:42)

Burial wrote:

I think all the responses from CIR and friends should be disregarded as they are the ones actually doing it heavily right now. Would love to hear a neutral voice on the matter and no neutral trial accounts please. big_smile

I think all the responses from M2S and friends should be disregarded as they are the ones actually receiving it heavily right now.

But I do agree with the last part.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I think all the responses from M2S and friends should be disregarded as they originally attempted to do the same thing and failed miserably (http://perp-kill.net/?m=related&id=240521) then decided to take it to the forums to pressure Developers instead of getting some elitepvprz goodfites going.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I think all the responses from M2S and friends should be disregarded.

Theres really not much difference who it is being used on. My stance on it would be the same even if the receivers would be you, or any other guy. The thread here is just because I think right now the issue got nicely highlighted.

Blocking won't fix it.

You can't block trial accounts from entering beta, it's works against the premise of allowing them to join corporations; if you allow them to join corps, you have to allow them access to beta/gamma.

For that same reason, you can't stop trial accounts from setting beta/gamma locations as their home base; because a legitamate trial account that gets killed on beta isn't going to have a great experience if they have to run back to the outpost from alpha.

Which leads to the second part, if you try to block arkhe's, and the trial account does end up in an alpha outpost, they won't be able to get back to the beta outpost in the game provided bot.

And, yes, the corp could provide another bot, or run one out there or some other work-around, but more likely, corps will again simply not take in trial accounts at all (they probably won't anyway, but having to 'work-around' arhke beta restrictions would simply be the nail in the coffin).

Is there a problem with arkhe/trial accounts, it does seem to be an inexpensive griefing mechanic, so it probably does need to be addressed.

But it can't be handled directly by preventing access, unless AC is just going to give up on providing trial accounts with corporations in general.

I didn't play eve for long, but I don't remember there being any restriction from me taking my little starter ship into 0.0 space.

37 (edited by Burial 2012-06-12 18:26:41)

Why can't there be such restrictions? There used to be quite a few of these a while back, some even way more restricting and people managed. Having beta or gamma access on a week old newbie is absolutely not vital.

EVE has different game mechanics in 00 and low space so theres absolutely no reason to compare these two. I didn't play EVE back in the days it was new so I don't really know much about its restrictions, but Im fairly sure there were quite a few of "mechanics" that got abused to hell and then removed before it reached the stage it is now.

Burial wrote:

"We dropped over 50 Proximity probes that got blown up today. I don't know why we didn't stop after the first 15 died, but instead of smartening up, we're going to rage about it on the forums.

0/10 attempt.

Burial wrote:

"My alliance is the only one in the game to not be on gamma because we spend all our NIC on  getting proximity probes blown up"

Every trial account should probably require a legally binding disclaimer if they will sub the account or not, in case they answer negatively automatically ban them?

Also would have to limit amount of characters that can be created per account to 1.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

http://imgur.com/CAiYD

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Don't ask me why the trial restrictions were lifted, I was happy with them at the level when they first came out; no market access, no corps, no passing NIC, ect ect. But apparently that provided a crappy first experience with the game.

The reason why then, is that AC doesn't want to 'punish' actual would-be players to curb casual trial useage by veterns.

By casual use, I mean using 1 or 2 trial accounts. AC always leaves themselves some wiggle room in the EULA, but basically if you have 20 trial account mining termis's and someone reports it, they'll be removed. Or if, say a corp were to create 900 trial accounts, and use arkhes as bombs to blow up a gamma base, that would probably be seen as exploiting.

1 arhke, I guess they figure you should be able to deal with it yourself, without developer intervention.

There's only 2 'free' ways into any island, if said arhke's are using inter-island TP's, then they aren't doing it 'free', they are just being creative... you do know that you can blow up TP's even on alpha right?

Wait you expect Hokkoblob to defend there island from Arkhes!

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

I so damn hope it's Jasdemi doing that! Go-go buddy!

Payback for a certain Argano kill maybe....

47 (edited by Ville 2012-06-12 19:11:48)

OMG, I can't stop laughing....  This is the most fun I have had readin the forums, since yesterday when I got to see a light ewar gang get destroyedzor and everyone in Comms kept going "MYYY  TEEEEEEEE FFFFFOUUUURRRRR SPPPPEEEEEDDDDDD NNNNEEEEEXXXXXUUUUSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!1111oneone.. agahah..  I love this game!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Burial wrote:

Why can't there be such restrictions? There used to be quite a few of these a while back, some even way more restricting and people managed. Having beta or gamma access on a week old newbie is absolutely not vital.

EVE has different game mechanics in 00 and low space so theres absolutely no reason to compare these two. I didn't play EVE back in the days it was new so I don't really know much about its restrictions, but Im fairly sure there were quite a few of "mechanics" that got abused to hell and then removed before it reached the stage it is now.

Solution: If you want to lock down an island... move to gamma, put up guns.

Arkhe's vs Turrets... Arkhe's lose 100% of the time..

Predator Nova wrote:

http://imgur.com/CAiYD

ROFL .. that little girl must have an allergy smile

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

lol the topic is so lol
Ok
Lets imagine trials would be restricted on beta+
I will tell my guys to make secondary neutral character, and you will have exactly same "problem" but in different shell
lol