Topic: Diablo 3

Thoughts comments?

Personally as a Diablo casual player fan I enjoy D3 as a break from PVP games. I really enjoy the join the party feature and running with friends.

Wizzard seems hard to play solo when you get in to situations where ranged mobs can attack you but he has some good tricks to deal with them.

Demon hunter and Witch Doctor seem very OP compared to the other 3 for solo play.

Witch Doctor and Warrior combo seems to easy to play just agro and spam AOEs.

I haven't unlocked the high difficulties yet but soon.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Re: Diablo 3

i have greatly enjoyed diablo 1, played some diablo 2 untill the patch changed kille dmy chars repeatedly (no skill resets). and i played diablo 3 with my wizard up to lvl 58 (60 is max) in hell difficulty.

standart difficulty is just for fun... kill them all.
nightmare is getting intresting and will teach you to avoid dmg. but still easy going.
hell is where it starts to get difficult and you switch from dps to max 2 dmg skills and the rest is just for survivability.
inferno.... well havent been there but way more harder.

general i dont like the few skills i have avalible. often i run into a situation where i just would have needed another skill but you cant have them all that the same time.

well it is diablo and i already feel the same things that have drawn me out of wow. the endless grid and no end in sight. always only looking for the next little better items. yes perp has a lot grind too but there you want to build something and not just throw away the old stuff.

you realy see that the makers of diablo (blizzard north) are no longer there.
personaly i dont know if i will stay till 60. maybe cause a few friends are poking me to get there.
what i miss are the masses of monsters to kill like in diablo 1+2. here you mostly fight smaller groups that are harder. so a bit of the diablo feeling is lost.

as a casual game ill say nice, its ok, makes fun. but as a dedicated game it will get boring very soon.

im still unhappy about the fact that the weapons in D3 are not used by most chars... they are just status items like rings and amulets.

i wont buy it until the price dropped a bit and i got some spare money....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I started playing Blizzard games with Blackthorne on 3.5" floppy and played all of them up until WoTLK in WoW.  I played the original Diablo for a long time, I still think it has some of the best music and gameplay of any kind of dungeon crawler.  I played Diablo II for an even longer time and I played PKK bounty hunter for awhile in both.

Blizzard is a shell of its former self.  It has had the soul cut out and replaced with Activision's greed and slipshod production values.  When they sold out and started trying to force you link all your accounts to Facecrook and I found a script that would show you people's bnet info in game I had enough.

I canceled my sub, sent a letter explaining what I was doing and why, and asked them to close all my accounts and remove all of my personal information from all of their systems.  I have never purchased another Blizzard game.  I have, of course, read about D3 and how the color palette got changed because people complained it wasn't dark enough etc.

It's beyond me how you can call game a Diablo game when there is no PvP at all and it includes a paypalesque psuedo bank for *** you out of your money on both ends with RMT.  This appears to be a straight money grab, which is what I've come to expect from everything that Activision touches.

TL;DR: *** Blizzard.  *** Activision.  *** Diablo 3 lol

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:

I started playing Blizzard games with Blackthorne on 3.5" floppy and played all of them up until WoTLK in WoW.

What, no Lost Vikings?!

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

6 (edited by Crepitus 2012-06-06 14:57:48)

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Crepitus wrote:

I started playing Blizzard games with Blackthorne on 3.5" floppy and played all of them up until WoTLK in WoW.

What, no Lost Vikings?!

I think I only played the SNES one of that.  But Street Fighter II was my go-to game on that system.  I can still beat the game in like 10 minutes (SNES rom/emulator/usb controller) wink

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

7 (edited by Crepitus 2012-06-06 15:03:45)

As an aside, I remember getting a temp ban from a local BBS I subscribed to because I broke down the original Warcraft cd in to like 50 1.44 mb pkzipped files or something like that and I was uploading them to share and my friend who ran the board, which he wrote in C, got pissed because he didn't want it to be a pirate board but he always was a tight *** (valedictorian, 4.0, free ride to Princeton for polysci never heard from him again wink).

EDIT: I got him to run a batch I wrote with ctty redirect in it once too and I took control for *** and giggles, the good ol' days of spending months testing modem init strings in qmodem for the absolute best ;/

Population graphs

I thought the games plot was pretty terrible though the gameplay (when it actually worked) was enjoyable.

I only played the easiest difficulty, feel no need to play it on any others.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

9 (edited by Gremrod 2012-06-07 20:49:57)

Krater - http://store.steampowered.com/app/42170/

Torchlight II - http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I liked d1,d2. My friend is playing on the EU servers, so I was able to play on the US servers. I won the game. Normal diff., and I don't feel like trying anymore. It's a nice game for achievement hunters. But no pvp makes it boring, no way to check builds in a 1v1 battle. Using max 6 skills at the same time - really? in the end it's a bit of running around and mashing 6(!!) buttons? What carebear land is this?

I am really disappointed with the game all together. The story was ok, I liked to listen to all of the characters and to know their story.

I am a sad panda sad (inb4 pandas in Diablo III)

<GargajCNS> we maim to please