Topic: Feature Request: Self-destruct

People are being walled in when they log out on Beta sometimes and are trapped.  Also being able to choose when you die is a RIGHT ;P It seems very strange that this isn't already included given the other things we have like the explosion AoE.

Programmable timer?  Short/long?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: Feature Request: Self-destruct

stop doing log off traps then tongue

This is the suggestion, its a count down like safe logging.  If your locked its cancelled, and if your in combat your  unable to do.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Lol someone walled you in after you safelogged?

+1 anyway not a fan of running my arkhe to the spawn anyhow seems so cowardly, much braver to push a SD button.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Khader Khan wrote:

Lol someone walled you in after you safelogged?

+1 anyway not a fan of running my arkhe to the spawn anyhow seems so cowardly, much braver to push a SD button.

Not me, but it's becoming increasingly common for other people in EHARM wink

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

6 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-05-27 23:09:21)

plasma bomb = self destruct smile OR find an NPC spawn tongue

As for getting walled in..... have the balls to either fight the enemy ot run like a girl for the gate. Safe logging is for nubs tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Vroom got stuck behind enemy lines on Alsbale.  I logged in, messaged someone in their alliance, went afk for 2 hours in very easily to kill terrain and came back to find myself to be still sitting on the hill waiting to die.  I proceeded to run a second account out there with a beacon.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

<[CHAOS]Alexadar> I would like to request self destruct feature, again
<[CHAOS]Alexadar> why not to do it?

*cough*

Population graphs

I'd rather have an eject spark button so that pirateering and ransoming becomes possible.

10 (edited by Sundial 2012-06-06 15:20:49)

/me self destructs his Walker to avoid appearing on perp-kill.net

I don't think this would be a bad feature, but it shouldn't be a way to avoid having a killmail generated and posted to perp-kill.net

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

I don't think this would be a bad feature, but it shouldn't be a way to avoid having a killmail generated and posted to perp-kill.net

Well, we do already have the issue of at least one corp who starts targeting and shooting at their own friendlies to steal the killing blow away from their attackers like a flooded out rat eating its babies or something.

Population graphs

Crepitus wrote:
Sundial wrote:

Well, we do already have the issue of at least one corp who starts targeting and shooting at their own friendlies to steal the killing blow away from their attackers like a flooded out rat eating its babies or something.

Thats a limitation of the killboard only checking for corp in killing blow. It should check to see if other corps did any damage, if so post it on the KB.

I support this feature once we get enhanced killmail support.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.