Re: ACCOUNT RESET

Arga wrote:

I think I'll have to disagree.

As a production toon, your first priority is always to reduce your ME, even if its just a small gain. All I was trying to say is that eventually that small gain will mean more, but there isn't any skill more important.

You can make an arguement that there's no reason to produce on beta or gamma, since the risk of producing there doesn't balance out the very small increase in production from a 50 to 130 pt factory; but part of the reason it doesn't, is because you have maxed skills.

The entry level into being a producer is much better now, there's no longer that huge OP gap between high EP players and 90 day players. This is now more inline with combat, and will only be more so when they change combat skills to also be diminishing returns.

I don't see why any high EP producer would actually give-up the only advantage they have over newer players, or where that EP could be better spent; other than just wanting to get out of the manf. biz because it's no longer an elite vet only playing field.

There is no reason to produce on Beta/Gamma that's for sure.  I can definitely think of things I'd rather do with the EP, instead of having a fully dedicated production guy who can drive a scarab.  I could have another miner too, another remote rep bot, and a possibly another ewar and still be half way decent at all of them.  We had the choice new players have right now removed and made for us by not refunding, or offering the option of a refund, on ALL the production skills.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I mentioned an arguement could be made to not produce on beta/gamma, not that I think there's no reason to do it.

Corps produce where their home is. Even in the old non-point system, there was never any reason to produce on beta, unless you actually lived there. And due to low population, very few corps actually lived out on beta (regardless if they owned one or not).

The same will hold true now. If corps don't feel secure in their bases, Gamma or Beta, they will not produce there, unless there was some huge advantages. But if they are secure, they'll benefit from overall better incremental production. Don't forget the NIC advantage, getting a large portion of your NIC back from owning the base is a good benefit (not all benefits have to be ME based). You'As well as a better time ratio, so your getting (3) benefits from Beta for just being there that applies to all producers; not just the ones with maxed out skills.

28 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2012-06-04 21:09:42)

Fun fact: Assume you produce at an alpha-2 islands with no relation bonus and using a 0 point CT (so absolutely worst case scenario), then having 10/10/5 instead of 10/10/10 means that you require an additional 1.24% materials. 10/10/9 requires 0.17% more materials than 10/10/10.

On another note though, even if I'm "okay" with factory efficiency extensions not being refunded I find it a bit odd that prototyping extensions were not refunded. As the diminishing returns are just as strong there and you need much fewer prototypes now those extensions are not exactly very useful. Even as one of the most dedicated industrialist currently in the game I'm not sure I'd go for 10/9/9 in prototyping efficiency as it stands now.

Just out of curiosity, where are the diminishing returns in combat you mention Arga? With my limited knowledge on that side I'd be inclined to say there's very few diminishing returns as they are multiplicative most of the time?

If I could reset all my industry related skills I would definitly put them somewhere else after this patch.

I not to sure about the diminishing returns in combat, maybe for skills, but when you combine the robot bonuses and the gear it adds up much more than a new player, and that includes mining. Arga do you mine 5% faster than a newbie?. I think not, because that's the difference in efficiency between a new and vet player for industry. I surely dont do 5% damage with my mk2 gropho more like 350% more than a new player.

I'm seriously thinking of not re-subbing my production character altogether whats the point, I have 2 more accounts that can do it quite well. I would rather they change the system than return EP tbh. Not back like it was but somewhere inbetween would balance this out, taking about large nerfs this is a big one.

RIP PERPETUUM

It's not getting refunded. Do what you need to do.

32 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2012-06-04 23:39:41)

I'm really looking forward to when the combat extensions are getting nerfed to only give 0.17% extra damage per level. Should help the new players compete in PvP as well.

Just FYI, I wouldn't really change much with Lucius even with a reset, so I'm really not arguing this for my own sake, but it's hilarious that some mining extensions got refunded while the efficiency extensions were not.

Bump for an old thread, I agree with what has been said.  A lot changes in the game while I have been away.  My biggest complaint is how gauss guns on beta/gama is pretty much suicide sad

Jeru wrote:

Bump for an old thread, I agree with what has been said.  A lot changes in the game while I have been away.  My biggest complaint is how gauss guns on beta/gama is pretty much suicide sad

That's, hmm.. random..

35 (edited by Jeru 2012-09-21 21:02:18)

Doek wrote:
Jeru wrote:

That's, hmm.. random..

Sorry, you're probably right.  I'll go bug the balancing thread cool