Re: Lucius T4 and Bot shop

As an experiment, I've included T2/T3 in the list as well. There may be some shortages, but depending on demand I'll try make sure I have all tiers available at all times for sale.

So the cost of mods went up? I thought they were suppose to go down.

I pointed that out during the testing (http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ule-costs/), and it's 'intended'.

Awesome job...

And now i am watching your post,looking @ this price, and thinking in my head:
"What is difference between hard game,and not playable?" and "What an ***** make this solution?

Lucius, did plasma drop changed?
Because fabulous is to expect that players will buy bots with new prices...

Again,awesome job lol

Rabus0 wrote:

"What is difference between hard game,and not playable?" and "What an ***** make this solution?

+1, and thanks to Lucius for his post.  I trust his prices are actually going to be lower than what the market will produce by a significant margin too, hence my comment about them costing even more.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

31 (edited by Arga 2012-06-04 20:22:41)

The majority of the prices on bots are based on the price of norgalis and epitron, as always.

Gathering of both of these materials have been 'boosted' in the patch, the amount of norgalis per plant has gone up, and the amount of epi per/hour mined has gone up.

Any price increase from alpha ore/plants is only temporary, as the mined/harvested amounts for those resources has also greately increased.

Basically, the majority of the price increases are inflated by uncertainty.

There WILL be an increase in the havesting of norgalis and mining of Epi, that change MAY NOT make it back to the market, as it depends wholly on a small group of players with access to those resources at this time.

I want to make the point clear, that the Dev change DID NOT cause prices to become unbuyable for new players. Its the low population that gives the ability for a small number of players to manipulate the market.

If anything, the solution here - which Im SURE no one would like, and I don't actually support - would be for devs to seed the market with bots at an appropriate price.

tl-dr: Player driven markets make player driven prices. Just because someone puts bots up for sale, doesn't mean you have to buy them at that price. Start putting up buy orders, at reasonable but lower prices, and the buyers can take back the market by slowly pulling prices down to the appropriate level.

Edit: I'm not saying bot prices aren't HIGHER then before, but they are not this much higher.

32 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2012-06-04 20:36:32)

A constructive post Arga, these prices are purely based on market prices, and if raw materials get cheaper prices fall (actually I've lowered them a bit already as base ores are falling). But fundamentally much boils down to Noralgis, which is a tricky one to predict at the moment.

Correct me if I'm wrong Arga, but didn't yields for Noralgis get reduced? I know all ores have improved yields, but to my knowledge plants went the opposite way.

(the prices are not that sensitive to epriton any more btw)

It was my impression that the number of cycles per plant increased. I haven't check the nora yet, but there were prismo plants on beta that were over 100 (the previous beta cap), and that alpha plants now cap at 75? Mining's more my thing, but I believe this is correct.

I'd agree, that Epi now has a less significant role then previously, but it's still used to make Brio and Espitium/Alligor are still components; and its going to have more effect than titan and other ores simply based on it's naturally higher value.

Also, the incubators (norgalis) are quite a bit cheaper, which should lead to more alpha side plantings; but also to much large beta fields.

I justwanted to say that uncertainty alone makes a market prime for profits - and it's almost certain (see what I did here:) ) that prices will tend down even over the next week.

Then again, there's the Gamma Island factor that has yet to come into play.

I think it comes down to how much time it takes to produce something.  However much more time it takes, that is the difference we will see in prices. 

Travel times I have already experienced.  I have also done some mining.  Just based on this I think the prices will stay dramatically higher than they were previously.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

35 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2012-06-04 22:16:32)

Arga, it has been reported that Noralgis yields are down 33% (from 150 to 100).

Anyhow, there's plenty of other threads on these topics, so let's move the discussion there.

Updated prices with the changes to combat/industrial mechs, enjoy the cheaper prices smile

Ore prices are slowly stabilising, and prices have generally gone a fair bit since release of patch. Further, I have reduced my margins further on all bots.

Good news about the prices. The difference from mech to hmech is still pretty astronomical.

Will be on holiday until mid-July.

Have fun!

<GargajCNS> we maim to please