Re: Why Perp needs a plex-type system

I agree on that too.

Not having read all the previous replies i had the followig though:
Since EVE is EVE and Perp is perp the plex-system does not have to be the same.
How about we had a halfway plex system in perp where you could pay (a hefty sum i should assume) to have your account active in such a way as that you still earn EP (albeit in a much slower fashion than an actual subscription). You would also not be able to actually play using this type of plex system. To actually play,you would need to subscribe.

Just throwing it out there,what say you?

My Nationality: Swedish

My favourite Quote: "You can never be too rich or too thin, or have too much foreskin"
Letters of urology

@ Macavity:I'm certainly not going to pay NIC or cash, not to play the game, and just gather EP slower. This is not even close to something like PLEX.

RIP PERPETUUM

But it allows your character to grow ,albeit slowly, while you are away. Thereby giving you less of an "Oh *** im so far behind i might aswell not even try" when you come back.
I dont really care about plex cause it wont work in perp, that doesnt mean you cant take inspiration from it and try to work out some sort of middleground. If i could pay 20 million nic while im away for 3 months ( bad example but whatever,its just to prove a point ) and during that time earn say 3-6 weeks worth of EP i would certainly be more inclined and happier aswell to return to the game. I would not feel as far behind as i otherwise might.

Agree to disagree though i guess,as you seem to have more experience with eve and prefer their solution. I just dont think perpetuum would be able to make ends meet financially if we all bought our subs with NIC. smile

My favourite Quote: "You can never be too rich or too thin, or have too much foreskin"
Letters of urology

^ this guys is totally Jita.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Whats Jita? Lol you gotta remember i just came back from a 1 year hiatus from the game, i dont even know what that word means

Letters of urology

82 (edited by Burial 2012-06-02 11:20:59)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jita

83 (edited by Egil 2012-06-02 12:23:27)

Macavity wrote:

Whats Jita? Lol you gotta remember i just came back from a 1 year hiatus from the game, i dont even know what that word means

You need to be brought up to speed on a few things. Like the first rule of the forums; Ignore Villes posts. wink

Egil wrote:
Macavity wrote:

You need to be brought up to speed on a few things. Like the first rule of the forums; Ignore Villes posts. wink

And Second that War is dead sad

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

85 (edited by Macavity 2012-06-03 23:00:37)

So im some kind of nepalese tribal leader who stumbled upon a mech and now happens to be the village king?
I can deal big_smile

Letters of urology

And why not limit the number of PET (player extend time) per month and person?
Using credit card system, I think help to control that.