Topic: Perp on Steam

First off my name in game is actually Socrates. I got a name change that hasnt been updated on the forums yet.  With that having been said on to the post.

Perp needs more ad space. Simply put, I didnt hear about Perp until last year when a guy I'm subbed to on youtube named mmohut posted a first impressions video on it. I have never seen ads on any game site related to perp although now i'm starting to see some on mmo rating sites.  I think Perp on steam would be a fantastic if not genious idea to get alot of initial players interested especially with the gamma frontier patch and improving graphics in the future etc. 

Steam has a lot of mmo on their service. Offering Perp as free to play on the steam home page would get pretty much anyone interested in mmo's to download it. Problem is they may feel betrayed as its not really free to play after the trial so I dont know how you would label it. 

Anyway, thats just my humble opinion. Discuss.

Re: Perp on Steam

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … steam-not/

As the devs have said, they have tried and have been met with silence from what i understand.

(fixed the name)

Ok yeah I read that and that's unfortunate. Thanks zoom for fixing the name btw. 

I'm surprised steam hasnt responded. They have so many free 2 play games it isnt funny and those, i'm sure, make money despite being f2p.

Actually yesterday, i went looking for perpetuum, as i would have if i didint know about it. I couldnt find it!!!! i knew about it and couldnt find it.  Now with gamma expansion they need to advertise, otherwise yea you got some AWESOME graphics and islands, that no-one will see. The only things this game needs is more people. I know advertising is expensive. But jesh guys something out there would be better then what we currently have. We need more Targets * cough* People to populate all this new land and get the market going. Please devs what are you planning on this?

Hey everyone points to the dev's for advertising, but the best advertising comes straight from the end users, for any kind of product.  Word of mouth sells more products than any other kind of advert out there.  If you play any other MMO's tell your friends and corp / guild mates (especially the ones who you think would enjoy perp) about perp and get them to try it for atleast the trial period.

and perp is not f2p (as said above) its "free to try", which is why I gave it a shot.

Though I wonder why steam is advertised on the site while they arent returning the favor.

What players could try is start an email campaing where we send emails to valve to get perpetuum on steam.

Hi all. I'm new (3 days old in-game today) and can honestly say if my friend hadn't told me about this game I would never have even known about it. I'm very glad he did. I'm having a great time and looking forward to today's expansion. I even subbed up recurring already \o/

When i tried Eve, it was meh, I got a trial account and logged in, had no clue what to do, tried to figure it out, then i spent some training points and saw "ETA X minutes" turn into "Hours" and though pft screw this.

I specifically don’t play EvE because of the time based skill progression, sure you can lie to yourself and say its okay because after X months your able to compete with People that have been playing for years, but honestly that’s a load of crap. They have something you don’t have any will never be able to have, tenure.

Everyone knows that the people that got involved in eve from the beginning have a bunch of advantages over people who didn’t that’s more freedom to make choices that make the game enjoyable to them. It’s like getting involved working in some industry at the bottom and moving up slowly to the top, when you’re new there is always someone else that is old and has a ton of options you don’t have.

I always run into two types of people that don’t stay:
1)Anyone that played Eve always complained they had too much invested, too much time, too much money too much whatever, they also complained about having to pay for a monthly sub.
2)The Achievers, they wanted to be piloting heavies on day 1, at the very least day 30, not day 180, no amount of power leveling was going to get them to their goal.

I see what you're saying toktok about waiting forever for your skills to be completed in eve but in a way perp is the same way with the obvious exception that you dont have to wait 20 + days for whatever lvl 5 skill you want if you dont want to. 

You also mentioned players that started from the beginning have tenure. Well if Perp is stilla round in 8 years it'll be the same here. Players will have huge advantages over month old players not to mention all the multi boxing I hear is going on.

I"ve been spreading the word though. On FB i posted on my wall about Perpetuum. There are a few other places I could post a reference such as gametrailers and youtube where i've been making lets play's.

I use Desura @ http://www.desura.com/

Way back when I was a GM during closed beta I had set up for Perpetuum to be on Desura.

I had forgot about it until about 2 months ago or more. I handed the account over to AV and it is under their control now along with the moddb.com site too.

But I think they have been really busy lately to get everything set up and needed by Desura to deliver their game through it.

I hope they get around to finishing the set up with Desura once they have the time. smile

Like some have said they have tried and tried to get the game on Steam and they have heard nothing from them...

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23