1 (edited by Alexadar 2012-05-27 15:39:22)

Topic: Tactical tools for PBS wars

Recently, i spend some of my free time to checkout an event, what was organised by REMEDY corp. They built a base, and invited the server to assault it. I was among the attacking side, and found few very inconvinient moments, what have a solutions:

1. If you walking between two high terraformed walls http://gyazo.com/5451c72a8280de3a61176e784e86efef , you have not enough camera height to view the top of the walls. Solution: use free camera (not much convenient). Increase the maximum camera distance (devs can do it)

2. If base have high number of buildings, attackers have overflowed tactical overview http://gyazo.com/21e144ed5119f8945380a4a74b931e50 Solution: add hotkey to show\ remove additional icons from tactical overviews

3. If squad want to focus on certain building, the only way to do it, if there is alot of enemy buildings around http://gyazo.com/9c7e7eb59e7865942ea429fc2d3def2c is to let FC shoot first, and then everyone will see what building you should focus. Solution: add "broadcast target" functionality.

4. Look how overview was done in eve: you can make presets and quickly switch between them. I think its very convinient.

2 (edited by Annihilator 2012-05-27 15:44:23)

Re: Tactical tools for PBS wars

1. camera distance is already blocked by terrain so you cannot dive into it (aside free cam). it should also exand to a certain distance above terrain.

2a: for a long time i requesting a setting for landmark distance (in my case it was to filter out npcs further away then x meters when using detector). There is dropdown selection already possible for npc buildings - this one could be added to all filter options, with manual number entry (just filter them clientside)

2b:i wonder why there is still no Z-Buffer for the overlay icons...

3. use target painter as FC wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

3. use target painter as FC wink

not working when you inbetween of 100500 buildings.

in the next expansion after PBS i hope we get revamped squad & a new broadcast system.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Because buildings are now targets too and can be very abundant, the need for better landmark system should be moved up the priority list.

This will only get worse as the engagement sizes increase (to 50+ agents) and the number of turrets increase (as base defenses improve), the need to have more filtering will be essential.

We will need soon fleet with (boss role/broadcast/composition) big_smile
After that i think that PVP will be the most perfect thing in MMO ever big_smile

I would like see 50 vs 50 or 100 vs 100... If u take interference and terain you will see how hard is to control fleet big_smile

Rabus0 wrote:

I would like see 50 vs 50 or 100 vs 100... If u take interference and terain you will see how hard is to control fleet big_smile

Say it again mate big_smile i like the fact that in this game the FC can call for a primary but due to terrain & other factors not the whole fleet can primary the target.

I noticed back in the old big battles you got smaller fights going on up & down the main battle line. the bigger the battle the more pronounced this becomes.

I always hated in stEVE that in big battles it was fleet primary Target 1 *BOOM* target 2 *BOOM* << that is ZZZ.

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Rabus0 wrote:

Say it again mate big_smile i like the fact that in this game the FC can call for a primary but due to terrain & other factors not the whole fleet can primary the target.

I noticed back in the old big battles you got smaller fights going on up & down the main battle line. the bigger the battle the more pronounced this becomes.

I always hated in stEVE that in big battles it was fleet primary Target 1 *BOOM* target 2 *BOOM* << that is ZZZ.

Well all what everyone hate in eve, PERPETUUM solved with 100% eff... From terain to bot interference..

OMG i am horny now big_smile

Rabus0 wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Rabus0 wrote:

Well all what everyone hate in eve, PERPETUUM solved with 100% eff... From terain to bot interference..

OMG i am horny now big_smile

OOOOHHH YEEAAAAHHH!!!!