Topic: Turrets suggestion

now that we finaly have the turret models i already have a thing that i dislike with them...

the turrets are realy very high. this can be a advantage, but only if you want to outrage your opponent... as as we all know a sniper bot will always be able to outrange a turret. even with maximum boosting.

so you want your turrets more behind a waall so that you cant shoot them. when the turret is very high then you need quite a high wall to shield it. or you terraform a ditch place the turrets in there.
and i think this is a but too much...

i have 2 solutions for this. one simple and one more complicated.

1: simple: different turrets
lets say we have 3 types of each turret. a tall a medium and a lowly variant. one has the turret realtively close to the floor, one has it just there where it is right now. and one has it in between.

2.: complicated: "telescope" towers
simple as it sounds. the turrets can change their hight on itself and you can set this in your colony management.

overall i think these extremly high turrets may have some use in some places. but on the other hand this may cause the defenders a lot of problems...

Re: Turrets suggestion

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

you terraform a ditch place the turrets in there.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Re: Turrets suggestion

Higher turrets are better for defense, all around.

It makes it harder for attackers to make a LOS 'ditch' to by pass them, as well as trying to raise a mound in front of them. Not impossible of course, but they'll have to expend time and more than a few cycles to do it.

Also, being able to shoot over walls is a huge advantage for the defenders, as well as denying the attacker a target which they can use to shoot down your wall.