1 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2012-05-26 14:31:47)

Topic: Perpetuum D-Day!

Incoming Transmission:

Greetings fellow Perp.

You have been chosen for a secret mission. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is as follows: On the day of the 26th May at exactly 10 p.m. (22:00) you will have to invade the island of Yuraoin Ro heading southwest of the nothern teleporter to get to our staging point.
The operation will start from here, where you will be heading back (south from the teleporter) to get past the enemy defenses.

Good luck and Godspeed

This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

---------------------------------------------------------------

/ooc

Remedy Inc. is inviting for a big server-wide event on the test server.
We have set up (and are still setting up) a defensive perimeter at our testing outpost on the Yuraoin Ro island. And it wants to be tested under real battle circumstances.
We invite all players to join and attack the perimeter.

We have set up a stageing outpost very close to the Yuraoin Ro North Teleport. This one is also quite close to the defensive grit so your walking distancees will be minimal. Make sure to bind yourself to the outpost once you have arrived. Bring every bot and gear you can find for any strategy you can imagine, this is the test server after all, so you won’t lose anything. Once you die you will respawn in the outpost in the bot you just died in with full fitting. So no need bring the same stuff multiple times.

Time and Space:
This is going to happen at Saturday the 26th at 10:00 pm (22:00) server time.
I hope this time will work out for all time zones so that everybody has a chance to participate. (late evening for europe, afternoon for US, and morning for east-asia.)
Entrance to the perimeter will be directly south to the Yuraion Ro-north tp leading up a ramp.

The goal:
This is to test the defensive capabilities/resilience of defensive and economical structures. So we hope to get some decent information how good these defensive structures are. The layout is far from perfect but we have taken quite a great effort to set up something that might not be too easy to overcome. For that we hope that you will show up in great numbers and show what you are made of.

We want you to try different strategies to overcome this defense. So do not go into a killing spree if one thing was successful... you will get to shoot the stuff... but be patient. If one thing succeeds you might want to try another...

The ruleset:

No terraforming:
This is to test the structures. So no terraforming in the process. We build a wall around the outpost but its not the goal to simply dig a small hole in it and kill the reactors. This is just to prevent some ppl to do a run-by. This is not what we want to test and we all know how the outcome would be if you do so... for a real outpost the back side will surely look different.

No fancy stuff:
We want to test under real circumstances. So no Praetorians, Vanguards or Mercenary bots. No T4+ and/or T4P fittings. Bring heavys, bring MK2, bring T4, or whatever you think that will bring you the victory. Just bring stuff you are able to field in PvP on the live server now or in the “near” future.

Change in Plans: Bring fancy stuff as well... but not for the first waves... the defense is quite strong. so maybe this will or can be used later... (if you like)

Attackers vs. Defenders:

Remedy will field a small defense squad to support the defense. Because we want as many people as possible on the attacking side we may field some fancy stuff just to keep the numbers on the defenders side as low as possible. Depending on the size of the attacking force we might invite some ppl to the defenders side.

New Map Link here

Please spread the word!

This is a D-Day event (at least almost). You will look at a lot of turrets, so come prepared and in masses.

Best regards from Remedy.
Zortarg

Re: Perpetuum D-Day!

Sounds good but somewhat bad timing: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … er-mayhem/

Not sure if able to make it but Il try.

I would have to attend a graduation ceremony when all of the fun stuff is going on sad

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Isn't 10:00 server 4 am US time?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Missed the pm part sorry.

6 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2012-05-25 08:48:54)

Burial wrote:

Sounds good but somewhat bad timing: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … er-mayhem/

Not sure if able to make it but Il try.

we are aware of the time frame, but we are running out of possible dates. the release is comming soon and we also needed time to set this up. then even with the dev charges for construction and the speed up terraforming this was (and is) still a lot of work for just a bunch of ppl to do.
the first line of defense stands and is functional. and we will add some more stuff till we hit the date.

if this is a big problem with the other planed event and a lot of ppl want to participate at both then we can move this one or two hours (at max). but that can be decided on a short notice.

p.s.:
all relevant data will be shared. so we will not keep that information for ourselves or our alliance. but for this we first need a lot of ppl that will show up... so come in masses, poke your mates, lock up your girlfriends and get enough food supply to keep going for the war.

We can push mine to Sunday if need be or we can just do a quick few rounds and start Tp'ing towards the Base.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

8 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2012-05-26 14:10:15)

Update:
The defensive grit is finaly online and fully operational.
we are looking forward to the attack and are quite confident that this one can hold a lot off.

We also placed a staging outpost very close to the teleport and the entrance. so you will have minimalized walking distances.

have fun and come in masses...

New map here:
link

topic at the top updated.

Let me be the first to say, lag.

Well, what can I say?
Not something we have anticipated...

no 1 frapsed this ? sad

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Did it survive?

Yeah the Hi Tec lag towers tore us to pieces!

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Khader Khan wrote:

Yeah the Hi Tec lag towers tore us to pieces!

well theres a shock

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

i want to say thank you to all the ppl that showed up. we were not realy that many and the server sided lags with over 10 sec or more reaction time were not realy helpfull.

with that given the ammount of data we could aquire was of course limited.

the things i can say for now:
you will always be able to outrange defenses if they are in plain sight. if the defenses are  not in plain sight a well organized attacking force will able to shoot themselves through any defenive structures because they will be able to place themselves so that they only face a part of the defence (if there are no defenders present). how long this will take is another question and will surely depend on both the defenses and the attacking forces. a 5 man gang will surly have a hard time to get past any well organized defenses.

what i have noticed that structure repairs are too week for multible reasons. but i wil write more about this in my structure feedback later.

thanks again for comming. feel free to ask any questions about this event...

zort

Thanks for doing this.  Hopefully the DEVs got a bit more out of it on their end.  I do have a few questions, how many people showed, in what fits, vs what defenses?  Are there any videos?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

there were like 14 people on the attackers side and 4 defenders. tons of turrets, boosters, repair nodes and energy relay structures (too many to count). because of such few paricipants we allow the best fittings possible.
No vids I know of. One GM showed up when people lost interest due to crazy lag spikes up to 3k ms.

i dunno if the setting there was a good one for "testing"

• there was just high-tech PBS involved - it will be a long time until we see those availiable

• the base has only defense into one direction. All the energy backbones had been less then 1km away from the west wall. A Long-range Gropho eventually could have shot over that dirtwall and removed the command-connection of the whole Defense. perhaps a little terraforming necessary, but possible.

• other weak spots here and there....

thats my long-range analysis - due to the crash of PTS on weekend, i couldnt probe it myself sad

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear