Re: 2 EP/min instead of 1

For everybody who posts here about not liking the idea, keep in mind that you are helping to keep this thread at the top of this forum. So lets ignore it and let it go away.

i was hoping for some constructive comments in here...
so i didnt close it right from the beginning

what not is can still happen...

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Draxen wrote:
BizzyBeast wrote:

Im tired of having to read such *** ideas, when mine are the only ones worth a ***.

Here.. Everyone starts maxed out on everything and you use EP to lower you skill to be unique.

BAM fixed everything.

Brilliant!  You better capitalize on this idea quick before someone else does!

This is an excellent idea but I believe it would be better if you lost ext randomly whenever you use a skill or type in the chat window. It would keep the game a challenge and in the end people will appreciate it.

I was thinking 1 EP/min when subscribed to the game and 10 EP/min when not subscribed. It would be great for the health of the company and the game!

Recognizer wrote:

i was hoping for some constructive comments in here...
so i didnt close it right from the beginning

what not is can still happen...

It just did.

In my opinion, the best thing to do with EP is, every month, increase it by .05 or so per minute. When you do an increase like that, in closes the gap between newer and older players faster. I don't think there needs to be any drastic immediate increase to 2 EP, which is pretty ridiculous tongue

actually, the "gap" fills in naturally after certain time

all extensions are capped at lvl10, and it doesnt take to long to get them to lvl8, depending on the complexity.

the advantage of older player is mostly that they can use a higher variety of builds.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

So, they say it will take 25 years to learn all the skills in the game, with that in mind, 1 EP a minute suddenly doesn't seem enough. sad

Please close this thread and give me a level 80 hunter, kthx

Honelith wrote:

So, they say it will take 25 years to learn all the skills in the game, with that in mind, 1 EP a minute suddenly doesn't seem enough. sad

The game was not designed to learn all skills, you have to specialize. Just like in real life you won't get to see a scientist commando economist.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Honelith wrote:

The game was not designed to learn all skills, you have to specialize. Just like in real life you won't get to see a scientist commando economist.

My physics teacher was a scientist commando.

37 (edited by Honelith 2010-12-12 00:44:15)

Yep, true. But then why allow multiboxing? A player then becomes a scientist commando economist. But that's probably for another discussion.

Honelith wrote:

Yep, true. But then why allow multiboxing? A player then becomes a scientist commando economist. But that's probably for another discussion.

Agreed, but obviously multiboxers offer a lot of income tongue

Eternity Nova wrote:

What we really need is an item shop where you could buy an implant for 500$ that would allow you to gain 2 EP a minute. Would be awesome.

this fellow must have money to burn.  I'll never play a game that takes money beyond a monthly charge to succeed.  Good god..that's not even a game anymore..it's a disposable income contest.

Ricimer wrote:

this fellow must have money to burn.  I'll never play a game that takes money beyond a monthly charge to succeed.  Good god..that's not even a game anymore..it's a disposable income contest.

That is what is happening in a lot of games with in game stores, such as LOTRO, DDO, and others, sadly.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

they need to keep learning skills in, 1SP per hour is slow.

BTW i need money plz donate isk to Nujabes

There is no autorun. Only autostop. - Weapon X

Honelith wrote:

Technically that's multiple players.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Honelith wrote:

Multiple characters, toons, AV's, etc. but not separate players, there is one player behind the two three, or how many ever clients are logged in tongue

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Honelith wrote:

Multiple accounts, definitely. Multiple players? No way. Multiboxing is one person playing a game with multiple accounts at the same time.

There is no technicality about it.

Foo wrote:
DEV Gargaj wrote:
Honelith wrote:

Multiple accounts, definitely. Multiple players? No way. Multiboxing is one person playing a game with multiple accounts at the same time.

There is no technicality about it.

Wow, you guys are dim. Do you really think Gargai thinks its not one person? He was merely pointing out that to the game, there is no difference between two people on two accounts, and one person on two accounts.

I disagree with the 2 ep/min idea but I think it couldn't hurt the Devs to consider Holiday or special weekend events where you get double or more ep than usual.

I prefer the slow, inevitable, glacial crawl of 1 EP / min permanently.

48 (edited by Edell 2010-12-17 06:46:43)

At first I was a bit worried to see on my char planner that it'll take me 2 years to complete my template. But then I started playing and I must say Perpetuum Online is the first MMO that I'm fully enjoying right at the begining thanks to the inexistent grind. You don't really need mad extensions to actually be useful in PvE/PvP + the starting EPs are quite sufficient to get you started.

I won't be concerned until I am waiting a week between extension increases, which seems a way off yet.

DEV Gargaj wrote:
Honelith wrote:

I want to be a Multi scientist commando economist player, and i want to win to lottery tomorrow so ill never have to work again, i also want my kids to be born at the age of 18 and my wife to never age .. and while were at it  i want world peace! and those who dont want world peace should go to sleep and never wake up!