Topic: Old "veteran" returning

Let me introduce myself a little,
I started playing 2 days before beta was over and early access began. Was active for about 3 months and fought from day 1 to whenever i became inactive under the tag "AXE". I remember mostly *** involving clans like ourselves,m2s,joke,CIR,E-corp, and a bunch more fighting for the various islands.

I wouldn't say i was the best player out of early access as i did not spen more than 2 days in the beta (of the year total?)

So pros and cons with we as regards to a completly fresh recruit:
Pros:
* I know alot
* What i dont know/new features,i am likely to learn fast
*I have a lot of EP spent
*I have a resonably large ammount of EP not spent to be able to adapt to changes since i last enjoyed this game.
*It will be anywhere between 5 to 15 days untill i have internet during wich even more EP will be available to cope with changes.
*When my internet arrives,so does my computer with to days date top of the line graphics,processor,harddrive,memory etc. No expense spared. Ill be in the middle of blobs blowing *** up and not loosing a frame untill its server side. smile

* I already have a bot and some familiarty.

*I am friendly and like to group up and do things even if they dont neccesarily mean that my personal profit outweigh my losses for doing this. Sometimes its nice to be nice.

* I love pvp. 1vs, small number vs small number,small vs large,large vs large. I dislike the blob cause i feels it takes away any impact i might have as an above or below average player.

Cons:
- Its still another 5-15 days untill i can actually say hi,i am who i am and look at what i can do.
- I have been away from the game very long. Things that i might have been doing perfect at the time may be laught at or suboptimal. Others might be non relevant or removed from the game at this point.
My learning curve may be shorter than a beginners and the reward greater (due to saved up and previously wisely spent EP). However,i will still need to be brought up to speed and thats gonna make me temporarily dead meat in any interested corporations eyes.

Personally,im all for the combined effort to get things done. Now if thats guarding people who are mining even though im a pew pew bot,thats fine. Ill even make a secondary account and help out if the corp is short in some area i cant make myself useful in.
Again,i love pvp. Really do. Would like to be involved in some kind of team for that and get to know the different tactics. I want pvp to have meaning. If im in a succesfull skirmish and loot some expensive bots i like to hope we gave the enemy a great setback and in our next encounter or intrusion we will be better prepared and have higher morale. Thats why i love this game. And thats why i will respect you highly if you can provice me that environvent to grow in.

Despite this i will always value the friendships i make in an alliance and care for the mundane tasks too.  If i have more than i need,ill share. If someones in a rut ill go farm some loot and get him back up. Dont think even anyone in or outside axe remembers me but i used to help organize farm operations and mining operations to get our newer members into bots. Payment was basicaly: lots of good laughs,if an item i needed showed up i might get it and of course we shared some nic of the useless loot. But we always spent more than we earned,reagulary,due to pvp interuppring. Still we gave what we found free of charge and held guided tours with hosted farming. poorest member would recieve his pick of any loot untill he was truly well fitted.

Prime interests ingame:
PvP always

When i cant find PVP
in priority- check guild,check market,go pve( of course checking guild events regularly)
When i cant afford PVP
PVE - And Work the market(i used to be good at it)

who am i  outside the game?
I am a 23 almost 24 year old Swedish gamer.
Im an easy going guy. Im very serious about getting things done the correct way,
With the people im with ill joke and prank and enjoy life as much as possible but always making
sure what needs to be done is done. Usually when the atmosphere is good the work kind of takes care of itself.
Ive worked  in sales,as bartender,as waiter,as cleaner,as a chef,as a lamp constructor. I work well with all people mostly. and a lesson learned is things arent supposed to be fair there just suposed to be bearable,right? wink

Physically/outside of the game world i like to train;
2-5 days a week,depend on the intensity of the week before, I go hiking in the woods 6 hours on sunday and saturday and come back to play perpetuum from like 11.00 to 20.00.

As for how much time i can spend on perpetuum on a normal basis..well i would say atleast 5 hours a day and thats not even neglecting the girlfriend at wich point it might be 8 or 9. (a joke) but if somethings going on i can pull 9 hour shifts or all nighters basicially. Girlfriend dont mind much at all.
In an ideal day i like to login everyday for a few hours atleast. And regularly,that is my day.

My weekly average is probobly quite high. smile

So,mainly looking for a successful corp.
On that has a well devoloped and organized industry,
organized pvp,with goals to encroach on others areas and ultimately lead the stranger army and industry,as you cant sustain one with out the other.
A good in-house economy and supplies, member collateral damage in war and such
long term goals,
well managed on a day to day or week to week sort of schedule.
Basically a fully supported pvpindy corp.

I would like to ask anyone interested,if you want,to post any questions you may have? Questings on my seriousity,where i came fram,where/what i participated in,who i am today etc. Fire on.

Iam so excited to get back to this game and get back to the politics,the industry,the fighting..everything!

Any old players from like : axe,joker,CIR,E-corp,m2s,RG and many more i forget to remember please feel welcome to fill in what has happened since i left. I think ive been out atleast a year or more and i no longer have any contact or affiliation with anyone from my past.I feel more lost than when i first logged in to this world? I dont know whats been added or removed,i am a naked child at this point looking at all the things i may have to re-learn. A baby with a gropho and missiles,but still a baby:/

My most sincere thanks for your time,
Macavity

My Nationality: Swedish

My favourite Quote: "You can never be too rich or too thin, or have too much foreskin"
Letters of urology

2 (edited by Crepitus 2012-05-27 22:38:06)

Re: Old "veteran" returning

I'm not a recruiter but I think EHARM would probably be interested in you.  Our corp is made up of a lot of PvP and industry vets with various backgrounds.  We're pure communist.  I was very reluctant at first to do the communist thing but it's been amazing.

Check out the kill board that someone put up in your absence.  It will tell you who we are.

Here

EDIT: We have both players and allies in all timezones.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

old brozefs returning
goood

Any chance you could could bring me up to speed?
THe evolution of pereptuum pretty much stopts at Axe/nova blob vs everyoen else from my point of view.
Anything thats happaned the past year ( except for me acculumating EP big_smile ) is just a great big mystery.

I cant play yet of course,waiting for internet along withs best friend ultra computer to come keep me company in my first privately ownerd apartment. No rules,nu regulations,i get to eat and *** where i eat without feeling guilty basically. big_smile
I remember both of you i think,
Alexadar i greatly remember. Dont think we talked though. But i remember me killing you and you killing me. Or maybe in a different order. Asfor number of times i lieave that to your imagination:P

Anyway,please feel free (anyone) to ask questions regardless of wether they "cross" some line.
I made friends and i made enemies. Im here now hoping to make amends,make friends and possibly in the future make enemies again. Or maybe i was not important enough to remember,in wich wase i hope to be questioned so that i may show that i am an above average player. I dont settle for anything less. Id skip a date to win pointless fight over a spawn if im in the mood. Ill spend hours trying to plan a battle. Ill spend equal time trying to help thouse that took losses may not be able to replace.

Cohesion,a well armored fire team,logistics and constantly making sure that theres more than enough quipment to go around make for an almost unstoppable force.
From what i gather in this game you could absolutely weaken your enemies through a war of attrition.
As you then bring out the big guns ,morale alone will have the enemy disheartened and while the few who fight might cause damage. Those day flee will become slaughtered in the masses. Not sure if this is something that still could work?

The things im looking for are basically a good corp. Medium power to world domination,aslong as its one thats closer to the top than it is to the bottom. I do still like a very fiesty challenge.

I have taken note of Eharmony and may approach you guys (Is there a special predocure to do that) and see what i can give you and what types of adventures i might look at in return.
Im also looking for a mentor. Wether in Eharmony,m2s or noobsRus. I figure thats a great way into an even greater alliance. If all the big ones took in anyone worth haft a damn their average performance would drop.

Mentoring to me in the past,still(i hope) put me on par with the best and also make me eligible for the best. Considering the friendship and hardships involved in being somones mentor i feel farily disenclined to acceåt any mentorship without the explicit intention from both sides that i am to be made a formidable member within the corporation wich has chosen to mentor me ,or send out a mentor for me. For a long time,it will be him i fight for and it is he who will be my gateway into the rest of the crowd and comraderie.

I remember your names from old, but i know know if you knew me or i knew you.

Anyone and every ,fill me in please,its been a year. Corps and players alike are welcome. Perhaps you can write of how you god rid of this and that corp and are now a force to be reckon with. IF you extend an open hand i might be inclined to take it.Depending on how many would extend their hand in friendship to this hardened warrior in need?

My favourite Quote: "You can never be too rich or too thin, or have too much foreskin"
Letters of urology

5 (edited by Lemon 2012-05-28 01:53:56)

Hey i sent you a forum PM

P.S. eHarm is not a part of any of the 3 Alliances and PvP freely.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Lemon wrote:

Hey i sent you a forum PM

P.S. eHarm is not a part of any of the 3 Alliances and PvP freely.

heheehe you always give me a good laugh big_smile

<3

tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Skitsnack brother!

Welcome back!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Thank you all for your replies and also for the welcome back smile
I am now in talks with another player so for the sake of honesty i would like to say that while i hold a dialouge with this fellow i will temporarily not be looking to talk to others about the subject of joining their corporation. Any other form of friendly talk or advice anyone would like to give me,aswell as questions and other pleasant talk is of course more than welcome!

I feel it is most honest and fair to entertain one possible offer at a time though when it comes to talking to corporations,i dont want to give the impression that ill join anyone for any reason wich is kind of rude,i believe. It sort of sends a message like i dont give a care.

Thank you all again for your replies and wish me luck in finding a place somewhere here in Perpetuum! big_smile
Looking forward so much to coming back,ill tell ya that!

Letters of urology

Macavity wrote:

Thank you all for your replies and also for the welcome back smile
I am now in talks with another player so for the sake of honesty i would like to say that while i hold a dialouge with this fellow i will temporarily not be looking to talk to others about the subject of joining their corporation. Any other form of friendly talk or advice anyone would like to give me,aswell as questions and other pleasant talk is of course more than welcome!

I feel it is most honest and fair to entertain one possible offer at a time though when it comes to talking to corporations,i dont want to give the impression that ill join anyone for any reason wich is kind of rude,i believe. It sort of sends a message like i dont give a care.

Thank you all again for your replies and wish me luck in finding a place somewhere here in Perpetuum! big_smile
Looking forward so much to coming back,ill tell ya that!

Sending you a PM

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Thank you Khader Khan i will reply to you aswell (In PM too). I appreciate everyone who approaches me with information and/or invitations as it helps be get a better view of how the game has changed and who i might belong with. I wont mention anything that has been said in PM's here but you and another player have both PM'd me and the content of your messages slightly relate to each other,in a positive way ( i think ).

I am not making any choices atm but i am happy to talk and also tell a bit about myself so i dont end up in a group where i can not contribute as expected. smile Im also eager to learn what,if anything,has changed in terms of how PvP,warfare and island control is handled!

Letters of urology

The "All your bases are belong to us" meme is about to be way overused again, as well as the "Im in Ur base doing something to your something".

Other than that, its about the same smile

PVP is about the same typical #s trump tactics in most cases. Specialized toons will kill toons that didn't specialize if met solo or small group. Typical small groups consist of 1-3 mechs and some e-war support and a tackle.

What Faction did you use before? What are your preferences to your favorite pvp bot? What is your normal timezone?

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

14 (edited by Macavity 2012-06-01 07:24:19)

Timezone is GMT+1 but over a given week ill usually have spent hours online during near or all 24 hours of the day so ill hang with the us crowd,the NZ crowd,the germans,the swedes and hell martians too if we ever establish a colony and a timezone there smile

My faction is pelistal and way back when i was among the first to actually field a tyrannos (not the first to own one though) and my goal is to specialize in mechs,gropho mainly. If and when EP allows i intend to improve further upon my assault class capabilities as i never much cared for extensive E-warfare.

Fond memories of being in someones basing doing something to their something or someone,lol. smile

Edit: In real life i work part time at various bars and restaurants so one day i might be free to play or do whatever during the hours of 11am to 6pm and the next day i might be working from 3pm to 3am and be playing during the late hours of the night ( from my perspective ) so i usually am not hindered by whatever timezone is most active in a corp!

Letters of urology

Try us Mac if old enough (25+). We play in AU/NZ Timezone mostly but we do have a good amount of actives in all other times too.
We are a casual based PVP corp. Shoot me a PM if interested

Think this guy bought this account.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.