Topic: Feature Request: Ore nukes

Like for clearing plants or walls but not.  Possibly with a restriction of Beta/Gamma only use?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: Feature Request: Ore nukes

This is so dumb it makes my balls hurt.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I don't get it. What's this for?

RIP PERPETUUM

It's for clearing plants or walls but not! Makes sense to me.

5 (edited by Celebro 2012-05-26 23:49:41)

Yes I understand, but why remove ores with bombs to make it respawn somewhere else or further spoil a miners/scanners day or what?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Yes I understand

Ok, I was only joking, because I think something is missing from the original post to comprehend it smile

Seems he want to destroy ore with bombs fuuu

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Actually I see a usage for a bomb that reduces the number of ores in a pile to clear the remains that are too less to be reasonable minered but enough to be removed for ore respawn. If you limit this bomb in a way that "good" piles can't be destroyed, I would even see usage on alpha.
Maybe something like restistance_against_nuke = (number_of_cycles/5)^^3

This would ensure that you could only clear dark green piles.

Something to destroy a bunch of plants, ores or whatever could be interesting for vandalising others lands. yarr

I would just like an ore nuke for clearing an almost cleaned up field, it would be a countermeasure to having small amounts of ore all over every island.
This could be done manually, but it would be a convienence.

I'd better like to see a nuke that able to destroy terrain big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

12 (edited by Crepitus 2012-05-27 13:28:47)

Goffer wrote:

Actually I see a usage for a bomb that reduces the number of ores in a pile to clear the remains that are too less to be reasonable minered but enough to be removed for ore respawn. If you limit this bomb in a way that "good" piles can't be destroyed, I would even see usage on alpha.
Maybe something like restistance_against_nuke = (number_of_cycles/5)^^3

This would ensure that you could only clear dark green piles.

This.

Shaedys wrote:

I would just like an ore nuke for clearing an almost cleaned up field, it would be a countermeasure to having small amounts of ore all over every island.
This could be done manually, but it would be a convienence.

And this.

EDIT:

Line wrote:

I'd better like to see a nuke that able to destroy terrain big_smile

This would be a different thread but still a good idea.  Starting to remind me of very old school Scorched Earth (aka Tank Wars)

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Something like a bomb would be odd. But if it was something like a wall-repairer mechanic, you deploy it to a tile and it slowly depletes it (in a fixed radius), that would be interesting.

Could be alpha based too in this manner; targetable and destructable even on alpha, so can be countered for anti-griefing, but usefull as alpha will have the biggest issue with fragmentation (also with trying to remove ore from under NPC spawns).

Volume/price similar to wall reppers too.

i think we need to see how this developes on live - if theres really fragmentation happening.

I'd rather see AoE Mining laser and instant-lock for ground-tiles implemented then a bomb that removes Ore.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear