1 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2012-05-25 08:00:01)

Topic: The Volume of Helioptris ... and refined commodities

The volume of all the raw materials in the game have been reduced:

some by half (e.g. Titan & HDT were 0.05U per 1000 and are now 0.025U per 1000)
some by less than half (e.g. Liquizit and Stermonit were 0.075U per 1000 and are now 0.05U per 1000).
Noralgis has reduced by an astonishing 10 times (was 0.5U per 1000 and is now 0.05U per 1000)

... but poor old Helioptris seems to have been overlooked and still takes up a HUGE amount of space. Is this an oversight or intended?

If intended it's rather hard on those living on yellow islands where the stuff doesn't grow and have to haul a raw material which is 5 times the volume of any other in the game.

This volume of refined commodities are now equal to the volume of their constituent raw materials at perfect refine level. This means that (since one can't ever reach 100%) that refined commodities will always take up more space than raw materials. imo this is a bit daft. I can understand that a plant takes up a lot of space and a pile of mined material too to a lesser extent (think wheat and iron ore here). But when they are refined down to just the bits we need (the iron and the grain) then they become very much smaller. What sort of crazy physics exists on Nia?

.. not to distract from the main question though ... Should the volume of Helioptris have been reduced as well as all the other raw materials?

2 (edited by Celebro 2012-05-25 10:41:22)

Re: The Volume of Helioptris ... and refined commodities

True, I think they mixed up the volumes with noralgis and helio should be the other way round.

Edit: Also commodities take up more volume as you can never get perfect refine rates, why?

RIP PERPETUUM

3 (edited by Karism 2012-05-25 11:28:33)

Hmm.. i agree that helio should have its volume reduced, supirised they did it with noralgis.

Helio's  Volume should have been decreased as well, and we already find the problem, it will be the same as triandlus'.
Also there was an increase in yield.
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … e-amounts/

"Rock is OP. Paper is okay." - Scissors

Celebro wrote:

Also commodities take up more volume as you can never get perfect refine rates, why?

Yep, you are correct - that statement is nonsense, I now feel slightly silly.

Commodities will of course always be less in volume than the raw materials required to make them since, due to diminishing returns 100% efficient refine can never be reached.

However, point I was trying to make is that relative to situation now (pre-patch), commodities will be greater in volume because of they now equal the volume of all materials required at 100% efficient refine.

DEV Alf wrote:

Helio's  Volume should have been decreased as well, and we already find the problem, it will be the same as triandlus'.
Also there was an increase in yield.
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … e-amounts/

*Throws a freaking celebration."

For anyone that's had to move 100m units of this stuff, and god forbid had to do it "before" scarabs existed... You know your partying too.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.