1 (edited by Alexadar 2012-05-18 11:28:47)

Topic: Autonomous factories

I want that all factories would be autonomous.
f.e. i found very large spot of *** ore. I want to build a storage, a refinery and a mining tower near this spot, connect them, mine 100500 u of ***, refine it into 900 u of *** ore and haul it.

I think that all factories should be autonomous, to build temporary bases. These factories should have small hangar, only their own service(only refinery, or factory) and not much HP. Also, you can connect factories to terminal, and they will work faster or better or etc.: this will make balance between a base and small outpost. This is much fun than to have all services centralized in one terminal.

Re: Autonomous factories

AFAIK ATM services are working only in that terminal they're connected to. With an ability to build up to 3 main buildings per island, you can create such outposts easy enough - just don't use hi-tech foundations for them.

to make that clear - you want to be able to use a refinery you place somewhere out in nomans-land to be usable without a Terminal connected that you would need to "dock" and access the refinery panel.

+1

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

If a building isn't connected to an outpost, there's no indicator of who controls that foundation.

Basically, this would allow players to Ninja-Service on gamma, without actually building or owning anykind of outpost at all.

I haven't gotten to control towers in my testing yet, but I'm assuming you could run a series of control towers out to a remote site, then build anything you wanted to.

The problem with letting ninja-services pop up, is that at this point, the only real reason to have a base (other than epeen) is so that you can mine the gamma ore. Making it so you don't need a whole infrastructuce, would allow corps to pop-in, build, mine, and leave.

And while I'm sure that's exactly what some would want to do, it would make gamma TOO much like beta and propagate more "We didn't want that outpost anyway".