Re: Suppressor Tuning Feedback

Here Sorry i tell you what lets do a scenario

You have your zenith fleet fit with tuners and suppressors to 700m with tuners.

I Fit my Mechs with Maskers instead of a a RE to be able to walk in to firing range before being e-wared thus being able to kill you.

My Masked bots walk in to a Tuner fit group which kills mine from lack of DPS.

Those DPS die to range fit....

Those Range fit die to e-war....

its dumbed down balance... maybe this helps.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Whys wrote:

any zenith pilot fitted for suppressing will never fit a range extender it's useless and a waste of head slot. especialy if you get someone with EW nexus to support you.

the question about the suppressor tunning is that they become really to overpower on a zenith or intakt with the combination of their bot bonus.

Question: Have you ever driven a zenith mk2 with 1 range extender and a lvl 10 ewar nexus?  2 t4 RSA's are the perfect match for that bot add in a target marker troiar mk2 and you have a serious sniper fleet support bot. Just saying.

If we all fall to your cookie cutter math when it comes to fitting no one would ever have better range than any one else. WOT here I come again.

And @ Lemon, never thought I would say this but well said man.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Khader .. shhh ... let him run without RE wink

29 (edited by doctor drillbit 2012-05-16 18:18:26)

hu? ive only used target maskers on supperior observers on alpha way back then, that thing has other uses? even fielding it on a bot that can't see *** too? a troiar?

We were using target markers to kill probes at 700 M a long time ago broski.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

doctor drillbit wrote:

hu? ive only used target maskers on supperior observers on alpha way back then, that thing has other uses? even fielding it on a bot that can't see *** too? a troiar?

what are Target maskers ? fuuu

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

doctor drillbit wrote:

Failed to derail! Use an mk2 troiar to target mark something cause its so well sheilded you fool. Blob the only tactic in your tactical field manual?

Suppression is a very powerfull tool I agree and while some see it as over powered lets all raise your hands if ON LIVE SERVER you have:
thelodical 10
advance robots 10
suppression 10
long range e-war 10
long range targeting 10
*Khader Khan raises hand

Now before we all melt down and have a nerf this rage post who on live server has used a Mk2 zenith with suppressors
*Khader Khan raises hand
I'm fairly certain there are only 4-5 other pilots who run this robot Lemon(not sure which toon), Xelobain, Whys, and Sharkwolf.
From the looks of the kill boards last time you lost one was a year ago whys so you remember how easy it is to lose one when your outnumbered? Even if you "lock one enemy down". I'm not picking on you Whys please don't take it personal just wondering why your posting up math vs one robot when we all know you might catch some one solo but most likely no one will ever take an mk2 zenith out alone. So the point is moot and further more the zenith with out a sheild is paper thin its an E-war mech and needs a dps mech for support to kill its target to begin with.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

well i didn't create this tread to speak about the zenith you know Khader.

i created it to make the dev and all the people aware that the new tunning will just kill the actual weak balance between the 2 dedicated ewar bot for ecm and suppress know as vagabond and zenith.

if you let the tunning ecm work on suppress and the suppress tunning like they are  the vagabond will just become the worst eware mech on the game. he will be less usefull with suppressor with less debuff from this suppress than a zenith. A zenith with ECM tunning will be as strong as him for ecming target and will be able to use his ecm from far away.

in fact this 2 tunning can light up the big difference between a bot EW strengh bonus and a long range ewar bonus.
and the accumulator bonus for making the difference between the 2bot won't matter in my opinion because you can use energy transfer from alt  and/or injector.

in my opinion the -%range bonus from the suppressor tuning should just be removed. and the ECM tuning bonus should be changed for something else. maybee a cycle time reduction on ecm  for exemple.

Whys wrote:

in my opinion the -%range bonus from the suppressor tuning should just be removed. and the ECM tuning bonus should be changed for something else. maybee a cycle time reduction on ecm  for exemple.

Ok now I can agree with you that sounds like a reasonable proposition and would bring back balance.

FFS please keep your IMBA posts in the proper forum

That's a much better summation of the issue. This is why we have these discussions, to expand OMGBBQ Zenith is OP Broken, into actual constructive feedback for the devs.