Topic: Contracts/Off-line trading.

In a player driven economy I don't see how something as basic as contracts could be over looked.  If someone wants to sell something to a specific player they would both have to be online and in the same terminal to initiate a trade. 

Can we get something done about this please?

The Enclave - No drama!  No prisoners!

Re: Contracts/Off-line trading.

+1

/Signed

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1

what would be the ig mecanic of this *as u intend* maybe its from eve or some game and a full understand is had by the rest of the voters, it sounds interesting but.. what do u mean by "contracts" ? (sorry for posting i'm interested in seeing how this would work as i've seen several implementations of the word "contract" in several mmos).

Contracts just refer to a mechanism that allows players to trade items for other items or NIC without both of them being online to do so.

+1

Gerrick wrote:

Contracts just refer to a mechanism that allows players to trade items for other items or NIC without both of them being online to do so.

+1

taken with that in mind then +1 smile

/signed

As I understand it, two things are requested:
- Some ingame WTT system
- Some ingame contract system

about the WTT system:

I don't really see the benefit of this because one of both parties is going to have a loss. The value of an item is decided on the market. When you set up a trade order, you will make sure that you won't have the loss. So why would anyone accept your order? Thus I doubt that this will be used often if implemented.

about the contract system:

I would think of contracts as "someone wants to buy something for a certain price in a certain timeframe". I could imagine this to be implemented as a black board. Similar to the Assignments window.

An applicant would benefit from it as it would be more likeley for him to get what he/she wants. On the market he has the risk of someone being online and buing the item before he has the chance to get a hold of it.

As an agent you would benefit from the guarantee that someone will buy a certain amount at a certain price. It happened to me a few times that I opened the market, then decided to mine some HDT for a buy order. But when I returned, I had to find out that someone was faster and the buy order was gone.

Both have the risk of a loss at the same time. The applicant of being forced to buy at a higher price if the market drops. The agent of having to produce at a lower price if the market raises.

It might be tricky to implement because you would have to make sure that someone who can't possibly fullfill the contract in time is unable to block the contract from others who could. Setting some timeframe is easily done. Setting some other requirements (i.e. extensions, bots, modules) might turn out to be a barricade for those who could fullfill the contract but are unable to take the contract due to too high requirements. Maybe some standing for fullfilled contracts might do the trick. Just like the ones you have for the Assignments. You would then have to add some seeded contracts for those who have a low standing. Might be possible to merge this with the Assignements window.

+1 for the contract system

/signed