Topic: Camera

so when doing the terraforming i found it can be really difficult to do because of the camera limit restrictions ... for this to not be a pain in the rear end we need the camera limit extended

Please please please !!!!!

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Re: Camera

You mean solo terraforming or the terraforming window? Because the latter has a free camera button and it has no limits (but hides all plants so you can't use it to find noralgis).

3 (edited by Tux 2012-05-12 11:34:55)

solo terraforming  ... you know late night when your trying to help the corp out and theres not many others on to help you terraform

also for some reason i cant zoom really far out with the free camera on the terraforming tool

DEV Zoom wrote:

You mean solo terraforming or the terraforming window? Because the latter has a free camera button and it has no limits (but hides all plants so you can't use it to find noralgis).

It apparently doesn't hide everything though like teleport effects etc but I can't confirm/deny this because I've yet to see it myself.

6 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2012-05-12 11:58:24)

Nor does it hide PBSs. You can't actually see the buildings but since the terrain is flat with a building shaped footprint of impassable hatch its pretty obvious where the things are. I'm guessing that different sized footprints will also be some indication of where defenses are placed.

Also possible to scout attack routes by examining where your enemies might have dug ditches, built mounds since you last came to the island ... and all from the moment you jump in to the teleporter.

I would prefer a 1000m limit on slope capability visibility on the free camera; that should be plenty for using the terraforming tool for what it was intended.

Terrain is only updated when you actually go there though, not with the freecam.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Terrain is only updated when you actually go there though, not with the freecam.

Nice one. You DEVs think of everything. smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

Would be nice to have an option to turn all terrain outside your field of view a different colour/texture (Fog of war style)

The free camera could use a little more light during the night cycle, or let us adjust the gamma on the video options, its very difficult to see the terrain with the current lighting.

As you can see in the known issues, the lighting is not final.

can we get that camera button in the general menu bar in the top? one click and go.. one click and back in the robot...

would be realy nice feature and helpfull. without usesinf the terraforming window or the command.

A hotkey binding maybe, but it's not a feature that would deserve a button there. And the two free cameras are not even used for the same purpose, the one in the window is for terraforming, the other is for eg. recording movies.

hotkey sounds good to me too...

DEV Zoom wrote:

As you can see in the known issues, the lighting is not final.

something to keep in mind then, as you approach the final lighting )

I hope the camera is made so it can't move under the island plane like it can right now. Of course you can just remember not to dive the camera down too far.

I only bring it up because it causes the client to become very sluggish.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

i do like "darker nights" other may not, maybe if it could be a user option?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

i do like "darker nights" other may not, maybe if it could be a user option?

i do like pitch black nights and headlights or night vision on my robot... +self-illuminating plants, light-emitting laser beams, etc....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I'd be ok with darker nights, if the the free camera in TF mode came with a night light... or more like a halgoen construction light beam of ultimate intensity.