1 (edited by Inda 2012-05-14 11:59:43)

Topic: HUGE PROBLEM, the passable impassable terrain

Just I have this problem? I try to terraform, but you cant walk trough it to seems passable terrains multipe times.

This problem is work when you see 1tile wide passable tile.

Somebody will broke his monitor because of that.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: HUGE PROBLEM, the passable impassable terrain

ya to say theres a few issues with passable terrain would be an understatement fuuu

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

That's why it called a test server.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Smoother charge helps.:cool:

DevZoom wrote:

server-side patch is out:

Fixed invisible walls due to differences between the slope display and the actual passability layer.

The yellow-striped slope display should be now in sync with the actual building deployment slope.

This should also help alot.

What I see is, the radar is correct for passable areas, but the in land display is wrong.
I just make a video where is possible to see what im talking. http://youtu.be/jAc5MjSDbAE

Thank you Eng Daniel, you did my work. But still you can see this is a huge problem now. And I didnt see nay bug report about that. OR anything.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Does this issue still exist?

9 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2012-05-16 17:15:29)

DEV BoyC wrote:

Does this issue still exist?

yes, landscape shows passable, but still get stuck, especially with gaps that are diagonal.

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

I am not sure how this new terrain overlay is meant to work but if I am in a mech and turn on the first display I get some blue boxes but some impassable terrain does display so I can bounce back sometimes when I hit an "Invisible" section. L later two turns in a mech turns some of the blue boxes white, some light blue (White and blue mixed) and some new blue boxes.

When colliding with some blue (But not all) tiles I get the robot bounce back (anit-speed hack) effect and little golden orbs appear. Some terrain acts as expected but some causes you to bounce back which can make tight turns difficult.

As I believed it to be the first terrain impassable display shows your current robot passability in white (Not currently displaying correctly), the next layer shows the most extreme passability in blue (Wrong colours displaying also), the final layer is all passability (White(or light blue) being yours and blue being anything larger than you.

Lupus please give us a coordinate where this happens - Zone, Coordinate, Robot used

Here are some examples of the problems in passing.

Berger's Island, (1589,1302), Cameleon
Berger's Island, (1611,1304), Cameleon

In these coordinates can sometimes go through, and sometimes they can not:
from (1574,1288) to (1573,1287)
from (1573,1289) to (1572,1288)
from (1572,1290) to (1571,1289)
All coordinates is from Berger's Island, Cameleon

OK, I have other video where can see the issue it's still there, and I include the view of map to locate my .. art. lol

I have some questions, in map there is the coordinates and somthing it seems the high, but of what? Isn't the same is given from window's terraforming

The video http://youtu.be/yiZjXpMxhbg