Topic: Research of Structures via Tokens to buy Kernels

I tested how many Tokens would be needed to complete the structure research till it´s end.

I bought as many Tokens from the market to get structure kernels from the token store and here is the result:

Aprox 500.000 Tokens were needed to buy the kernels to get 100% on every building.
With level 6 assignments handing out around 21 tokens per assignment, this would mean a little more then 23.800 assignments that have to be done to get all the tokens.

I heard some Dev saying they wanted less grind, but how is this less grind? Even with 100 really active players this would mean everyone has to do 240 assignments...

Also, trying to prototype a structure on the testserver throws "server errors".

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

Re: Research of Structures via Tokens to buy Kernels

are you sure you get the tokens only from assignments?

im pretty sure there are other ways to gather them - and 240 missions isn't that much a grind. This will give the tokens also a trading value wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Structure kernels can also be found in industrial and scientific artifacts on all islands.
Standard buildings are easy to research (as they come first), but yeah, hi-tech ones need a lot of kernels.

Sid from mining wrote:

I tested how many Tokens would be needed to complete the structure research till it´s end.

I bought as many Tokens from the market to get structure kernels from the token store and here is the result:

Aprox 500.000 Tokens were needed to buy the kernels to get 100% on every building.
With level 6 assignments handing out around 21 tokens per assignment, this would mean a little more then 23.800 assignments that have to be done to get all the tokens.

I heard some Dev saying they wanted less grind, but how is this less grind? Even with 100 really active players this would mean everyone has to do 240 assignments...

Also, trying to prototype a structure on the testserver throws "server errors".

Correct me if im wrong but i think Sid means every player in game would have to do 240 assignments and all give their tokens to one person to achieve the stated goal of the researched PBS structure.

500,000/21 = ~23,809

240*100 = 24,000

OR

21(tokens permission)* 240= 5040*(100members on the server) = ~ 500,000

so yes i agree that's is kinda excessive, if the 500,000 number is accurate .. i haven't tested it my self

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Annihilator wrote:

are you sure you get the tokens only from assignments?

im pretty sure there are other ways to gather them - and 240 missions isn't that much a grind. This will give the tokens also a trading value wink

so i guess well see the first faction structures in about a year or so ...
good luck to those who do get the research completed they will be instant trillionaires.

Yesterday Gooma on general chat said he needed 10563 kernels for a full research. Now that would indeed seem excessive if this were a solo game, but here people usually work together and a whole corporation feeds one man's knowledge. Split that 10k to 50 people and 200 kernels really doesn't sound that much.

Also buildings have no prototypes, so knowledge isn't really that important here, since you only need to acquire a building foundation from somewhere and you can reverse engineer it to start mass-producing.

Hint: if you snatch a building from the enemy you can deconstruct it and get back the foundation.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yesterday Gooma on general chat said he needed 10563 kernels for a full research. Now that would indeed seem excessive if this were a solo game, but here people usually work together and a whole corporation feeds one man's knowledge. Split that 10k to 50 people and 200 kernels really doesn't sound that much.

Also buildings have no prototypes, so knowledge isn't really that important here, since you only need to acquire a building foundation from somewhere and you can reverse engineer it to start mass-producing.

Hint: if you snatch a building from the enemy you can deconstruct it and get back the foundation.

Awesome : ok issue solved ... 8)

Tux/waits for faction building to go kill it

DEV Zoom wrote:

10k+ kernels? Only available through mission and artifact grind? Magnificent!

Mark Zima wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

10k+ kernels? Only available through mission and artifact grind? Magnificent!

LOL. You whine is getting better every day.

DEV Zoom wrote:

How many corps in game have 50 active players?

HINT: None.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Thats what I was basically trying to say...

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

12 (edited by Sundial 2012-05-14 19:16:14)

Its been said a bazillion times, but the devs most likely will not ballance the game around low population.

However, this doesn't mean they couldn't make a system that scales with how much players actually need / use. In this particular case their research system which does not scale with player population meaning the ammount of grind for the amount of return is out of balance. Unless they can figure out a way to make things scale no matter the population you will either end up with very easy or extremely grindy game play, neither of which I want anything to do with.

Stuff needs to scale or the game will never grow from the point its at now, quite simple really.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

13 (edited by Arga 2012-05-14 19:28:57)

Since the test server has everything for sale, I can't be sure, but I thought that the 'standard' modules would be purchaseable?

So really, the upgrades and high-tech stuff are the only things that will need research, and once 1 is made, it can be RE'd and mass produced; well, it's going to need that gamma material, so mass may be an overstatement.

tl;dr - token research isn't going to stop anyone from using gamma, it's just going to make getting the good stuff a 'real' effort, just like getting T4 research should have been from the start.

this means jasdemi can continue making a living from artifact searching due to high demand of artifact kernels,

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Crepitus wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

So what? Get more people into the game or just stick to the low tier buildings untill in a year or so you'll get better ones. Stop whining and prepare for grinding!

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"