Topic: Disconnected turrets (By Force) do not shut down

When you removed the connected buildings from turrets they are not shut down.
This could just be a display bug but  on Davis Barrier they showed as online and connected even after refreshing their status. Not sure if turrets can't be destroyed either because they're the only thing that hasn't been blown up.. hmm

Re: Disconnected turrets (By Force) do not shut down

Actually turrets (and buildings in general) will not go offline if they lose connection and this is intended. They will continue to work as long as they have enough energy left in their accumulator. This is to prevent that a base loses all its defenses immediately when someone destroys a critical link.

Okay. Coolies.

/lock

so you need a control link only to set them online and then you can remove it again and the buildings will still keep running?

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

so you need a control link only to set them online and then you can remove it again and the buildings will still keep running?

Until it runs out of its remaining accumulator.

i was talking about removing the control link. not the energy link... or was a energy link also a control link?

Every link is also a control link, only the control link is just a control link smile

And before you think "oh then i just put a reactor there without a control link too and it will run forever then" - yes, until someone integrates the buildings with no control into their own network.

so Corp A & Corp B can have control towers that overlap ?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

If by overlap you mean their connection radiuses then yes, that's possible.

DEV Zoom wrote:

If by overlap you mean their connection radiuses then yes, that's possible.

yes & did so TY smile

Also do u guys know that facility upgrades have no "un-passable" terrain under them?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Also do u guys know that facility upgrades have no "un-passable" terrain under them?

Yeah and neither do hitech backbones I think.

I think the facility upgrades do not have the final model, they show way bigger than they are on the planner, just live with it for a little while : )