Topic: Terrain leveling tutorial

So you cant make a terain flat enough for a building?
This is what worked for us on the 1st day of test server (but in the future this will be obsolete info).

Guys you need to be super tidy and patient here.
Pick one tile (remember its coordinates) and use leveling charges on it for minimum 10 cycles.  Now, lock the nex tile next to it and repeat.... move your way one tile a time slowly in both directions. You are pulling the original tiles height along with you in a way.... making it flat behind you.

This worked for us, but if you got a better method pls post it.

Re: Terrain leveling tutorial

There is also a bug (According to a Dev I spoke to) where building are being too sensitive and are not following the "Buildable" terrain passability filter.

Might have something to do with it being offset on slopes. I am sure they'll resolve it soon.

Also, if you seem to be unable to flatten some pesky tiles with the leveler charge, try the smoother. (The solo terraformer module wasn't really intended for this task, but you have to cope with it until we finish the terraformer beacons.)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Also, if you seem to be unable to flatten some pesky tiles with the leveler charge, try the smoother. (The solo terraformer module wasn't really intended for this task, but you have to cope with it until we finish the terraformer beacons.)

*Cracks whip*

Confirming that the smotthener does its job as advertised. I could do a lot of passes over some pesky tiles and they stayed bad, but when i use the smoothner ON the tile (not next to it) it bacame fully flat.