Topic: More Bots Please

This topic is only for Ideas of new bot types that wouldn't tip balance

There are niche rolls for about everyone in most games weather it a Theme park or sandbox. Having a Niche in a sandbox makes it more enjoyable.

While the selection of robots we have is good it’s my opinion that Prep could easily expand those options to some very interesting Niche rolls. Currently we have DPS, E-war, Support, Miner, Hauler, Harvester, and Scout. Out of those 7 only 5 are true to their niche rolls, DPS, E-war, Miner, Hauler, and Harvester. The argument could even be made that Hauling isn't a niche group yet as Hauler bots are available thru the exact trees as miners and harvesters.
To complicate these niche groups you could split them all in 2 and have Basic or Advanced Niche styles (little bots vs. big bots). That in mind we are left with 2 big Niche groups currently in game that must use under developed bots for their niche purpose. Scout: max skill detector light or Mech, Arkhe on gate, fully masked L/E-war or Light. There really is no bot or set of bots built especially for this task. Support: Rivler/Symbiont for Remote anything they have no bonus to transfer or repairing. Same as scout no bot for this task specifically.

Current in game roles that should have bots introduced in the game.

• Scout: Bonus to detection, no weapon slots, light and fast but easily seen.

• Support: Mech or Heavy mech with Bonuses to Energy transfer, Remote Rep and Nexus support. (would suggest one bot per bonus type, not a one stop support shop)

Roles that could be intorduced in game w/ current mechanics

• Heavy assault: Assault bots big brother able to fit 3 Med weapons and receives bonuses to them. Scraficing some of the speed and slope of the current Assaults for beefier armor and bigger weapon slots. These bots have a role at flanking Mechs and H-Mechs.

• E-War assault: Losing a weapon slot to gain a head slot or indy/misc slot these lightened versions of the current assault class lose the bonus to weapons but gain it in E-war like their Light E-war counterparts.

• Speed Mech:Reduced weight and fitting capacity of their current brother. They gain an edge in speed but lack real fire power or tank. Maybe add bonuses to detection and de-mob resistance

• Blockade runner: The Sequer and Lithus's stealthy cousin reduced cargo capasity and size to improve speed and masking

• E-war infantry: Light and Mech versions that loose one Headslot and one E-war bonus to gain some armor & firepower bonus for their factions weapon type.

• Carrier/ field fitter: Carrying fitted bots to a new station and allowing for field fitting (bots in squad and with in 100m of this type bot can access its cargo, interact with a point that will allow a field fitting screen to re-fit on the fly would need a cool down and bot power down time)

• Spec-ops: Assault and Mech class with bonus to Masking, losing some of their armor but retaining the maximum # of weapons and a bit of speed

These are just my thoughts I intentionaly left out all the hover bots cross overs because I'm sure that AC will give us more of those in time.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Re: More Bots Please

Since I started playing the game 1 year ago we have gotten 1 new bot (the Scarab).

If new bots were added It would give me something new to do (and a reason to login)

Some great ideas Lobo...

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

3 (edited by Annihilator 2012-04-29 17:59:08)

are you spying on my TS conversations?

While i agree there need to be MUCH more robot choices - the CEO Devs still haven't decided what kind of balancing they want to have:

1. Robots with a specific role, with corresponding role specific equip.
    This is what we have currently with the 50% bonus on each robot for its role specific equip.
    What we don't have is a robot per faction and per class for each possible role.

Any module that has no robot with a certain bonus for it - eg. energy transfer, firearms, drainer, shields*, demobs, etc. can be used with almost the same efficiency on ALL robots. once they implement a robot with a bonus for any of those modules, they have to nerf it down by 50% to not make them overpowered on THAT specific bot -> as seen with ERP, Repair-tunings, ECM and supressor in the past. (* there are shield bonus bots, but it can be used efficiently on any robot ingame)

2. Omni-mechs, with their role only be restricted by their module slots and fitting parameters.

Usually, with such a low number of Robot choices, and so many modules and tiers, that would be the logical way to balance stuff - where your robot is more or less your "Avatar". your choice is to play mage? (ewar mech) - then you can still dualdwield swords (two weapons) but your more efficent if your using your magic (more headslots=ewar).

3. Hybrid system:
    A combination of both would be actually what i have already asked for long time ago - Dimishing Returns.
    where your choice is "i get my 50 points weapon bonus through my mech" or "i get my 50 points weapon bonus through tunings" -> that way you can implement robots with bonuses for something but you dont have to rebalance all the related items for it.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I just had an idea about Annihilator B. > What happened when you fit something on your robot, or ew robot the bonus is will for that module what you used, or can be choose 2 type of module what you would like to be a "bonus" this type will have more opportunity fitting skills, and nearly what Lobo say just without animation changes.

HYBRID SYSTEM FOR PERPETUUM! Because we already have the basic for it. Just implement made a bit more expensive than mk2 robots and make a new skill for it.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

i meant hybrid between choices A and B... not the so called "Hybrid"-kitbash system the DEVs had mentioned several times. I will quit if they release the kitbash system.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Back when they Buffed, Over Buffed then Nerfed the assaults. There was a big talk about getting 3 types of assaults one was a Full Dps type the other was a Speed type and the last one was going to be a stealthy. I'm not sure if this idea was scrapped? If it was I would suggest bringing it back to the table. I know it sounds PVP only but I'm sure all of us including the PVE guys drove an assault at some point.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Annihilator wrote:

i meant hybrid between choices A and B... not the so called "Hybrid"-kitbash system the DEVs had mentioned several times. I will quit if they release the kitbash system.

Oh please quit, pathetic whiner.

I'll avoid the derailed discussion and just say that once the Gamma+Industry patch arrives, getting more bots into the game will have to be top priority. And I certainly agree our choices at the moment are far too limited.

Lucius - nice that there are many top priorities after gamma expansion...

PvE experience will be the top priority then - are robots PvE ?

well this discussion (or similar to this one) have been here a couple of times. we all agree that we would like to have a bunch of more bots.

but this is a lot of work. not only the concept to ballance it all but also building all the new models ans textures.

as much i would like to have this i have to agree that this is not top priority atm.

gamma/industry -> pve/alpha -> whatever -> maybe bots then ...

New bots bring some other questions:

Will they be a new class? The Scarab, Glider, was a whole new class with extensions and kernels.

Expanding the choices for the existing classes, like new assault bots, shouldn't require new extensions/kernels (however, PT'ers would still need to research assault kernels for the first batches).

More bots, in any class, will be added to the NPC PVE groups out there, which will also expand PVE; additionally the new bots should equip and drop different modules then the current bots. That is, stealth assualts should drop maskers and detectors, and maybe another bot would have sheilds, ect.

12 (edited by Inda 2012-04-30 17:48:05)

To Arga, bring the new class bring to us a new question, what will be with the rock paper scissors rule? So I think the better and easier way to introduce some new choises in recent classes as Lobo said.

And I see here 2 obvious type, Assault ew, and Heavy Ew.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

The test server with PBS will allow for the re-patching and future use to test the balance to avoid issues like we had with the assault buff and actually allow for hard evidence to be gathered in preparation for any real addition of combat oriented bots/modules without any real drawback to the live environment like we have had in previous "Additions" to the existing balance.

Honestly i am a Fan of players needing the right tool for every job, opposed to limiting players from such extremes so that counters are not needed.

To many diminishing returns could cause combat to be less dynamic more than ever with players hitting EP caps and simply capping there guns with robot bonus and capping e-war with EP now they have a Kain that hits like everyone else and jams like a Vaga. Allowing players to hit extreme's is key just not so much that it can beat  by a Avg skilled counter player who uses his own flying to beat it despite lower EP.

There is very little that can be done until boyc is able to focus on revamping the engine to support multi-tile bots (after gamma).

*On topic*
Field command bots - Super slow or quick (no guns) but bonus to nexus's ranges and scanning to allow for proper FCing in large scale battle (sieging Gamma stations)

I am also ok with the introduction of role specific support bots and proper balancing to allow this. (i.e. remote repair/energy transfer ext)

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

14 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2012-05-01 00:47:42)

Anni - IMO, there's two priorities after pbs patch: PvE and Bots, so yes, I definitely think bots need to get more attention. Also, bots are for both PvE and PvP, so no harm to PvE players.

bring back assault ewars! yarr

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Although I agree that Perpetuum needs more bots for diversity, I think the highest priority after the PBS patch should be stuff to do that is not PvP. Most people I know that quit Perp did it because they got bored of the same old PvE.

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/ … skids3.jpg

I want bots specialized in firearms!

Without having to create a whole new faction and stuff for it, DEVs could continue with the "Standart Service Robot" -line with assaults, mech and hmechs.

Now they could either add new spawns and kernels for them, or they could make it artifact scanning only (like industrial salvages dropping CTs for the bots, lvl1 dropping assaults, lvl2 dropping mechs and lvl3 dropping hmechs).

The desing (or at least colouring) could take something from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Star_ … nsport.jpg  for the assault desing at least. big_smile

I want a robot specialized in using a laser whip....

I dont think there should be more bots for the sake of having more bots. But bots should be more differentiated, and some added where roles are missing.

*NPC ewar needs to be more along racial lines than current. Blue needs to sensor suppress, green needs to neut, and red needs to ecm.

*We need a shuttlebot, something speedy to go from point a to b.

*The nexus bonus on the scarab is nice, maybe we can get similar bonuses for other races?

Vilutin wrote:

I want bots specialized in firearms!

+1!!! cool

ghostttr wrote:

I dont think there should be more bots for the sake of having more bots. But bots should be more differentiated, and some added where roles are missing.

*NPC ewar needs to be more along racial lines than current. Blue needs to ECM, green needs to neut, and red needs to sensor supress.

*The nexus bonus on the scarab is nice, maybe we can get similar bonuses for other races?

All fixed!  (its already like that, I know its a terrible thing and all.)

Nexus bot - Why not.

Shuttlebot - its called a light bot, we already have those wink

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

23 (edited by Blackomen 2012-05-19 05:57:20)

Whatever happened to the planned Artillery + bots?

Anyway some I'd like to see...

1. Also want dedicated support bots, though not in a rush for one atm, Industrial heavies still work great for this.

2. Also want a mobile command center type bot able to hold and swap out bots on the field for other players.

3. Would like to see a rorqual type bot able to compress minerals/harvestables on the field. (Ever try and haul 100mil units of helioptris? I don't recommend it.

4. Slow but massive artillary type mechs. Essentially 3x the dps of a heavy mech, but moves like a slug and has a mediocre tank. It could have a minimum range to help balance it. And would need allies to spot for it due to very low signal range.

5. Mobile Shield Generator mech. Able to project a shield onto other bots in range draining the cap of the shield bot instead of the targets. Bit of a stretch I know, but would be interesting, pain to balance I'm sure, if at all possible.

And my number one WANT is freaking destroyer mechs (both industrial and combat) Been waiting on these since closed beta when we actually had extensions to be able to pilot them. (I miss my expert robotics extensions...) Also I'm approaching maxed out skills in mining and industrial bots. (3 months or so) so soon I'll have to make a hybrid miner/combat/RR character if we don't get more stuff to spend ep on. tongue (Ok yes your adding the one new harvesting skill next patch.)

Edit: My bad it was 3 months not 2.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

Merkle wrote:
ghostttr wrote:

*NPC ewar needs to be more along racial lines than current. Blue needs to ECM, green needs to neut, and red needs to sensor supress.

All fixed!  (its already like that, I know its a terrible thing and all.)

Nexus bot - Why not.

Shuttlebot - its called a light bot, we already have those wink

I seem to get all types of ewar from single faction bots. They all like to ecm, sensor suppress, and neut.:rolleyes:

Lights do have a combat role :gasp: Something fast with no fittings and little cargo, maybe even npc seeded on the market.

25 (edited by Alexadar 2012-05-19 10:16:51)

Annihilator wrote:

are you spying on my TS conversations?

While i agree there need to be MUCH more robot choices - the CEO Devs still haven't decided what kind of balancing they want to have:

1. Robots with a specific role, with corresponding role specific equip.
    This is what we have currently with the 50% bonus on each robot for its role specific equip.
    What we don't have is a robot per faction and per class for each possible role.

Any module that has no robot with a certain bonus for it - eg. energy transfer, firearms, drainer, shields*, demobs, etc. can be used with almost the same efficiency on ALL robots. once they implement a robot with a bonus for any of those modules, they have to nerf it down by 50% to not make them overpowered on THAT specific bot -> as seen with ERP, Repair-tunings, ECM and supressor in the past. (* there are shield bonus bots, but it can be used efficiently on any robot ingame)

2. Omni-mechs, with their role only be restricted by their module slots and fitting parameters.

Usually, with such a low number of Robot choices, and so many modules and tiers, that would be the logical way to balance stuff - where your robot is more or less your "Avatar". your choice is to play mage? (ewar mech) - then you can still dualdwield swords (two weapons) but your more efficent if your using your magic (more headslots=ewar).

3. Hybrid system:
    A combination of both would be actually what i have already asked for long time ago - Dimishing Returns.
    where your choice is "i get my 50 points weapon bonus through my mech" or "i get my 50 points weapon bonus through tunings" -> that way you can implement robots with bonuses for something but you dont have to rebalance all the related items for it.

The Jedi will choose C, cos the great force exist in this words