1 (edited by Line 2012-04-24 14:21:36)

Topic: Localization troubles

English description of Ictus:

Earth’s closest analogy to the Ictus are the dark assassins of medieval Catholic church - secretive, plotting, humble, and terrible when met in anger. The “touch” of the Ictus is something feared by the Nuimqol and Thelodica equally, and even Syndicate Agents who control the Ictus say that a certain chill sits in their bones for days after.

Russian description, translated-back:

Those terrible patriarchs of Empire, with the appearance of an intelligent and brutal nature, are the spiritual and military leaders of Pelistal Society. Succesful preachers of unusual totaliarian philosophy: just once their place in empire Ierarchy has been called into question by small group of persons, who are currently the leaders of Nuimquol Union.

Same *** with other robots description.

Fair question: WTF?! Who made this translation? Why I should play as "terrible intelligent patriarch" instead of "dark assassin, terrible when met in anger"?

Upd:
English - assassins
Hungarian - assassins
German - patriarchs
Russian - patriarchs
Italian - patriarchs
French - patriarchs
Slovenian - patriarchs
Dutch - assassins
Polish - assassins

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Re: Localization troubles

The translation is fairly accurate, but it's an old description. Since localization is still made by volunteers, some of the languages are unfortunately lagging behind the current English revisions.

Btw this was the original English description:

"These gruesome patriarchs of Pelistal with utter intelligence and ruthless nature are both spiritual and military leaders of the Empire's fanaticised society. Successful cultivators of a peculiar totalitarian philosophy: their position in the Empire hierarchy has only been questioned once by a small group who are currently known as the leaders of the Nuimqol Union. "

Re: Localization troubles

Oic. Anyway, assassins description looks alot better big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086