Re: PBS Blog discussion

Teaser..

You know TF delta heights will stop mountains! But maybe a sink hole to put the outpost in surrounded by molehills could do the job  big_smile

pbs is lame, need multiple squad leaders first.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

How much it will all cost?

we really need alliance features, yeah, anyone seen those guys that were rooting for it? oh wait they went that way...

Yeah mara its amazing what happens when people petition aganist other players and the Devs listen to the 14 posts on the threads by 5 alt accounts instead of banning them for spam...

Ville wrote:

Yeah mara its amazing what happens when people petition aganist other players and the Devs listen to the 14 posts on the threads by 5 alt accounts instead of banning them for spam...

This insults Devs intelligence, as if the Devs have ever followed the mob. They do what they think is right.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

This insults Devs intelligence, as if the Devs have ever followed the mob. They do what they think is right.

The Truth hurts sad

something id like to see as far as the new PBS is concerned - something that was a big part of an old old game. Mankind. in that one whenever one of your systems (in this case outposts) was attacked, if you werent online you could set an alert email. The email would tell you who was attacking you and where. With obvious time limitations between new emails being sent. Added mails came for multiple attackers etc. This way if you werent in game you were at least notified. and when you only got one email with one attacker depending on your setups defenses you could tell whether you really had to rush to the puter or laugh knowing they were gonna get rolled on yer defenses. Didnt have to sit in game all the time if you didnt want to. With todays technology an email to sms text would be even better. Whats the chances of seeing something like this added? with the ability to turn it on or off via account management? or even an ingame toggle? Personally i think that would be awesome.

Everything else ive read so far on PBS makes me want to test it out sooooooooooo bad. I cannot wait. I for one am all about the logistics of base setup etc. and the way this is all described in the blog is like a wet dream. Count my dinky corp in for gamma for sure.

Ville wrote:

I seem to remember an entire post about alliance features of /signed buy multiple Novablob alliance members that got hacked and slashed by the devs cause it was all abunch of alts signing it.

Any way BTT I hope PBS and the test server pull the arrow out of the knee of the games population.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Wasn't there some discussion from DEVS a while back about an energy credit system together with PBS to go with the lure of the game?

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Wasn't there some discussion from DEVS a while back about an energy credit system together with PBS to go with the lure of the game?

last time i asked about this gargaj said some to the effect that it had been shelved for now.

darth sidi0us wrote:
Celebro wrote:

last time i asked about this gargaj said some to the effect that it had been shelved for now.

They must have large shelving units in the office neutral

RIP PERPETUUM

darth sidi0us wrote:
Celebro wrote:

It wasn't, only delayed to after pbs.

DEV Zoom wrote:
darth sidi0us wrote:
Celebro wrote:

It wasn't, only delayed to after pbs.

big_smile yat another feature that will be cool smile

I think it will be impossible task to build a mechanism that prevents either that a small corp can hold their outpust just because no other group is large enough to start fleet that could do any damage and as well avoids that a large gang forms up to flatten a few outpost on a weekend effort.

We have seen large battles with more than 50 attacker for several intrusions a complete weekend long a year ago
and we have seen 20 bot on one side the last 3 weeks in intrusion. When you have  less than 10 defender against 30 attacker, the defender have no influence on the battle as the only difference between fight and dock up is the number of their losses on defender side.

Maybe the only way would be some special buffs a defender could use but only in limited times so he would never use it when only roaming gang show to attack miner but have the chance to defend against OP attack with 5 player online, something like the possibility to enter defend tower and use it activly.