1 (edited by Jasdemi 2012-04-18 11:46:58)

Topic: Destroy-items-from-cargohold revision

Before(Bad)
You could destroy all items in your cargohold mid-fight.

Now(half-assed)
Once engaged in combat, it's not possible to destroy any items in cargohold.
At first this seems like a good idea, but:
1. You can still destroy stuff before hostile bots finish locking you or get in range.
2. NPC farming is rather annoying, since you have to loot everything or you'll end up with 4359843579687 containers.

My suggestion is to make it work like this:
Make it possible to destroy items ANYTIME from your cargohold, but keep them lootable for say 10 min after being destroyed.

Example:

*edit: Less personal examples next time please. - DEV Zoom

This would make NPC farming way less annoying too.

Now start +1'ing!

(It's the little things ...)

Re: Destroy-items-from-cargohold revision

Just make it possible to destroy a container. I am mostly talking about NPC container as I usually don't want to loot everything and the amount of containers I sometimes have is more impressive than the gang you were talking about.

Now the obvious exploit:

Repeatedly fill a sequer full of stuff to haul and destroy it each time, during 5 m. Move to your destination during 5mn by TP or whatever. Destroy the sequer.  Take the easily moved stuff.

Its an idea but it need some other rules to avoid exploiting.

Cobalt wrote:

Now the obvious exploit:

Repeatedly fill a sequer full of stuff to haul and destroy it each time, during 5 m. Move to your destination during 5mn by TP or whatever. Destroy the sequer.  Take the easily moved stuff.

Its an idea but it need some other rules to avoid exploiting.

Not really. About 60(?)% of items are blown up when the bot is destroyed. This would be one rather insane method for logistics.

oh ok if the destruction ratio on explosion stay the same, then it looks like a good improvement for sure

Why just not add a possibility to select all and destroy loot in loot containers to prevent NPC containers spamming?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

7 (edited by Celebro 2012-04-18 23:13:51)

Good try Jas not a bad idea, but the best part is the example; laughed so much, just picturing Ville mining in an Argano is enough no need for the lootz. tongue

No offence to the mighty Argano or Ville, still best bot around by far, and probably the only OP bot that got an extra slot buff. big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM