Topic: What is the state of the game?

Greetings P.  I haven't played for about 8 months or so.  I still have 3 active accounts (miner/production&research/combat). 

I enjoyed my time in game for the most part but as I recall I left because the population was falling rapidly, P's devs seemed to be fumbling their one chance at a real population with the influx of outraged Eve monocle haters, and the addition of features seemed to focus exclusively on the biggest corporations needs instead of new/solo/small corp players.

This whole time while not playing I have still kept a dual client install and occasionally gone back to check the population graphs only to be disappointed and return to whatever game I was playing at the time (MMO or otherwise).  The last time I went to check the graphs had been removed.

So, what's up with Perpetuum these days?  Amazing new things to do?  I see there are player built structures now and outposts can be not only owned but restrict access, how's that working out?  I see some dire looking economy/pop threads just giving General a cursory look, true story or hyperbole?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: What is the state of the game?

Welcome back, development wise, I am quite optimistic with the new test server coming and PBS, check out the latest blogs. Unfortunately pop doesn't look any better than 8 months ago. Players are waiting for the big patch coming soon, but any guess is as good as mine.

The new intrusion system didn't have the effect I would have hoped for but I don't think it was a failure, still better than the old one for sure.

The wall update left the server divided some loved it some hated it, anyways it got nerfed so you can only build close to your OP now instead all over beta islands.

RIP PERPETUUM

True Story Bro

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

BTW GM Blaster got canned.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Thanks for the info. I read through the PBS blog posts and it looks complicated but cool.  Since I'm bored at work I'm going through old forum posts now to see what all happened.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!