Re: Idea for Improving population

as far as i understand - there is nothing that hinderst you buying a timecode and trading it with someone else. its just that there is no verification that the code isnt used yet, nor any mechanic that prevents the original owner of the code to use it instantly after someone has payed him for it.

its also not guaranteed that the original code owner recieves his NIC for the code.

This means, game time would need to be an ingame item that you can trade and activate without "knowing a code", or the web-interface has to support access to your NIC pool and have a trade option.

since we cannot even file SUPPORT tickets from the ingame interface, i doubt that an implementation of such a system would be "an easy task".

and since its only moving NIC from rich player or china-grinder to RL-money-rich player, it wouldnt be a NIC sink anyway...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I would agree that it needs to be a bannable offense and a simple rule of posting who it is going to and that the deal is accepted on the forums before money / code is transfered would be sufficient to make moderation easy.

An in game item however is important as it makes the price more easily market set.

I still think it is VITAL that the devs set a rule of the price being no less than XX so that it acts as a deflationary measure. Without that it will just make the rich richer.

I see no reason why there would need to be a price ceiling/floor and I maintain that the easiest way to introduce this is by adding a Buy/Sell Timecode forum and allow codes to be sent and authorized through private messages essentially. (adding at as an in-game item really doesn't add anything to this, and I suspect it's harder to do).

Simply put because if you dont the price will be set by what the time is worth to a new player rather than an old player. Long term it wont need a floor but short term in order to redistribute wealth in a way that would encourage the market it is needed.

Anything that isn't in the 2 - 300 mil range wouldn't enable the kind of purchasing power that would clear the market out therefore driving production

20 mil for instance could be funded from current wallets for most end game players with an hour or twos work, hardly balance.

You need to force deflate at the beginning before the market works itself out when the market is in such a poor state as it is

Annihilator wrote:

as far as i understand - there is nothing that hinderst you buying a timecode and trading it with someone else. its just that there is no verification that the code isnt used yet, nor any mechanic that prevents the original owner of the code to use it instantly after someone has payed him for it.

lets test that:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/64385/#p64385

i meant "nothing hinders you to do that outside of the DEVs reach". I'm pretty sure its an EULA violation...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

i meant "nothing hinders you to do that outside of the DEVs reach". I'm pretty sure its an EULA violation...

This reminds me.... Where is the EULA on the website? I can never seem to find it. Last time I asked about this someone posted in the forums and now it's buried...

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

This reminds me.... Where is the EULA on the website? I can never seem to find it. Last time I asked about this someone posted in the forums and now it's buried...

I know its ingame, Options>Eula

Perhaps it would be wise reactivate all inactive accounts for a weekend shortly after the Gamma update?

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

Perhaps it would be wise reactivate all inactive accounts for a weekend shortly after the Gamma update?

+1

BankOfEngland wrote:

Simply put because if you dont the price will be set by what the time is worth to a new player rather than an old player. Long term it wont need a floor but short term in order to redistribute wealth in a way that would encourage the market it is needed.

Anything that isn't in the 2 - 300 mil range wouldn't enable the kind of purchasing power that would clear the market out therefore driving production

20 mil for instance could be funded from current wallets for most end game players with an hour or twos work, hardly balance.

You need to force deflate at the beginning before the market works itself out when the market is in such a poor state as it is

I would love to know what you can do in an HOUR that nets 20 mil nic (assuming 1 account and not 10 mirror bots).

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

A few things.

- Sort out the UI, have a 'default' place where things should be. Makes it easier for noobs to get into the game:)

- Make it easier for players to move about, make a fast 'shuttlebot' or something that is available (for buy and sell) at every station (at least on starter islands).

- Allow players to place 'global orders', so new players can sell thier loot without a ton of travel, add more lowball buy orders for low-demand noob loot. (spending half of your first play session trying to sell your noob loot sucks)

In other words make the game easier to use, easy (and fun) to learn, but hard to master;)

ghosttr wrote:

- Sort out the UI, have a 'default' place where things should be. Makes it easier for noobs to get into the game:)

i think this is an important part.

its not a good idea to have all the important windows hidden from the start.
build a default ui and show that from the beginning. ppl can always change that if they like to.

ghosttr wrote:

- Allow players to place 'global orders', so new players can sell thier loot without a ton of travel, add more lowball buy orders for low-demand noob loot. (spending half of your first play session trying to sell your noob loot sucks)

Quite good idea. Of course there should be an options how wide you want the order to be (i.e. all alpha terminals and outposts, only alpha main terminals, all stations globally, etc)

I've seen a fair bit of new players complaining about not being able to sell stuff, and I'm sure some people would place large volume low-ball orders just for recycling purposes.

Lucius Marcellus wrote:
ghosttr wrote:

Quite good idea. Of course there should be an options how wide you want the order to be (i.e. all alpha terminals and outposts, only alpha main terminals, all stations globally, etc)

I've seen a fair bit of new players complaining about not being able to sell stuff, and I'm sure some people would place large volume low-ball orders just for recycling purposes.

Maybe,.  station -> island ->  region(?) -> world