Re: MASS1 Deathmatch Event @ 24/03/2012 19:00 ST (Prizes 100m+)

It was great fun! big_smile
To make it more fair I think perhaps there should be 2 different classes, one for T1 fitted lights and assaults, and one free class where you can bring anything you like and with support bots etc.
But like Inda said, all bots need to be flagged up ofc.
As far as location goes, maybe it could work to have it at the same location Khader had his tournament?

An interesting idea could be to put people in 2 even teams, that start in each ends of that valley. (teams would know wich ones they are with by making 2 squads).
(could make it to a last man standing, when opponents are dead its free for all in the winning team)

Just some ideas, how to spice it up.

Thanks to Burial for arranging MASS1, and GF to everyone who participated big_smile

Inda wrote:

I also did the excel table after event and I saw, Zortarg Calltar use always in event Yagel Mk2 and he earnd 9 "point" so good job Zortarg Calltar!

thank you very much... i just came for fun and my small bot skills suck like hell.. but i tryed to keep speedy and snatch a kill here and there... (got 1 final blow... and with that i am happy)
i was late anyway so i had no time to prepare some bigger stuff... but that was fine.

the event was a lot of fun and i am looking forward to the next one.

thoughts and suggestions for the next one:

- the area was ok but you need also a rule in what area you can flag up and in what area you are not allowed to flag up. it happend that a non flaged prom showed up in the field and then flaged and demobed me... while the rest jumped on me. im not complaining but i cursed him at that moment.

- i think we need way more rules and limits the next time. if you want to keep it fair then you have to limit bots and equipment drasticly.

- personaly i think you should only go t1 to give new players also a chance to come in.

- i would brefer light and assault only next time, or maybe 2 events and one with mech.

- if you want a "deathmatch" style tourney then you have to forbid any kind of group play and remote support. the usual tyranni that support each other with accu are as usual not breakable, and a icus is no bot that can score anything in a solo deathmatch. the other option would be a team deathmatch, but then the largest group will have the advatage.

so to keep it simple:
- only small or mech per event
- only t1 fit and no faction ammo
- no remote and nexus allowed
- no team play allowed (seeing corp mate gang up and not killing each other will be disqualified)

just my 5 cents

Syrissa wrote:
Inda wrote:

I also did the excel table after event and I saw, Zortarg Calltar use always in event Yagel Mk2 and he earnd 9 "point" so good job Zortarg Calltar!

thank you very much... i just came for fun and my small bot skills suck like hell.. but i tryed to keep speedy and snatch a kill here and there... (got 1 final blow... and with that i am happy)
i was late anyway so i had no time to prepare some bigger stuff... but that was fine.

the event was a lot of fun and i am looking forward to the next one.

thoughts and suggestions for the next one:

- the area was ok but you need also a rule in what area you can flag up and in what area you are not allowed to flag up. it happend that a non flaged prom showed up in the field and then flaged and demobed me... while the rest jumped on me. im not complaining but i cursed him at that moment.

- i think we need way more rules and limits the next time. if you want to keep it fair then you have to limit bots and equipment drasticly.

- personaly i think you should only go t1 to give new players also a chance to come in.

- i would brefer light and assault only next time, or maybe 2 events and one with mech.

- if you want a "deathmatch" style tourney then you have to forbid any kind of group play and remote support. the usual tyranni that support each other with accu are as usual not breakable, and a icus is no bot that can score anything in a solo deathmatch. the other option would be a team deathmatch, but then the largest group will have the advatage.

so to keep it simple:
- only small or mech per event
- only t1 fit and no faction ammo
- no remote and nexus allowed
- no team play allowed (seeing corp mate gang up and not killing each other will be disqualified)

just my 5 cents

Could be solved by everyone signing up on beforehand, and then the person who arranges the match just puts people in teams to even it out. A wasp for a wasp, an arbalest for an arbalest etc. Not choosing side yourself makes for more fair fights, and might also be fun to fight side by side with the people you're usually trying to kill on beta smile

Baal wrote:

Could be solved by everyone signing up on beforehand, and then the person who arranges the match just puts people in teams to even it out. A wasp for a wasp, an arbalest for an arbalest etc. Not choosing side yourself makes for more fair fights, and might also be fun to fight side by side with the people you're usually trying to kill on beta smile

that is a intresting idea to make random teams...

you could even make more then 2 teams when you have enough ppl in the event... lets say 6ppl are one team... the number of teams increase with the number of players...

NIC sent, congratulation winners!

another option could be:

All in one Squad. Sure -
this would share intel about hitpoints, and especially accumulator of shield tanks. I don't know if thats would be good or bad.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

So... Anyone has any videos? tongue

This tournament looks very rigged, judging by the winners.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

How exactly would someone have rigged this?
Anyone got to enter, the rating system is public, based on public information.
The only cheats possible(that I can think of, short of hacking the killboard) were RR or support nexuses, and anyone could have seen it if remote reps were used.

35 (edited by Burial 2012-05-22 09:54:22)

Anyone has any idea as to why this thread is getting tons of views? Noticed it few days ago and now thread has gained almost +2000 views.

Burial wrote:

Anyone has any idea as to why this thread is getting tons of views? Noticed it few days ago and now thread has gained almost +2000 views.

You obviously are not pleasing the masses with the lack of MASS2

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle