Topic: Gamma NPCs

On the new gamma islands i would love to see  roaming MK2 NPCs with 100% kernel drop and a higher chance of tired loot.

Perhaps only like 4 of the mk2 with a observer. Just so we can have more difficult, and more diversity in the NPCs.

Just a tough.

Discuss.

[05:36:51] <Lemon> i hate you... just so you know

[15:05:49] <Ville> I have to admit, that was pretty fu**ing pimp ^^
                           http://www.perp-kill.net/related/749

Re: Gamma NPCs

im all for nasty bad *** NPCs tho at the same time a balance is needed with easier spawns smile but i do like this idea big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

+1

They should be harder to take down than "double suppress and range fit"

Make them NASTY buggers tongue

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

+100
Love the idea these bots should be tough to kill and hit hard. Would be cool to see a NPC that cant use ewar but is also immune to it as well a new MK2 Observer or something

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:

+100
Love the idea these bots should be tough to kill and hit hard. Would be cool to see a NPC that cant use ewar but is also immune to it as well a new MK2 Observer or something

yep, no doubt that the roamers of Gamma islands should be elite.  Besides that, those living on Gamma will need things to shoot at like NPCs because there are no players playing the game to target! hmm

Takeo Prime wrote:
Tux wrote:

+100

yep, no doubt that the roamers of Gamma islands should be elite.  Besides that, those living on Gamma will need things to shoot at like NPCs because there are no players playing the game to target! hmm

Except the 250 who log in every night.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

you mean 250 CONCURRENT PLAYERS?

Or 250 account logged in during your 8 hours night time period???  smile

8 (edited by Ville 2012-03-16 18:46:24)

whoa cobalt your reading too much into this, I am refering to the 250 accounts, that include 9 myself.

Random roaming gamma mobs, as well as roaming ore, is going to generally make 'simple' things like mining ops challenging; not to mention occupied islands will still be targets for small roaming groups even if they can't directly attack well defended outposts.

So basically, G-NPC's will generate the need for combat bots to be present in most situations until proper defenses can be built up.

Arga wrote:

until proper defenses can be built up.

And get nerfed and watch a huge sector of the game rage quit while a small handful of people are very happy.  This is a wonderful idea!

You are pvp players... you dont need NPCs, you need pvp!

am i right?

Rabus0 wrote:

You are pvp players... you dont need NPCs, you need pvp!

am i right?

yea but in pvp the stuff only gets blown up. somewhere the stuff has to come from. and that is pve and mining... ^^

13 (edited by Sundial 2012-03-22 15:44:58)

Correction Rabus0: I am a PvP, PvE and Industry player. I like to get the most out of the game I so play all aspects of it.

Of course, I primarily identify as a PvPer since that is the most challenging aspect of the game... besides 3 star heavy mech officer beacons fuuu

Anyways my point here is just because we like PvP doesn't mean we can't also like PvE/Industry.

+1 to Kanogis idea.

+1 wish to see mk2 Superiors big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

+1 also,
but my point was to needle "real pvp"/griefer players who dont want NPCs and stuff for pve/industry! lol:lol:

We will see what devs preparing to us!

We can consider gamma NPC free until they decide to fix the current NPC bugs.