Re: searching for a game

It actually wasn't a troll question sad Player interaction would seem to be the major selling point of an MMORPG over a Single player RPG. I understand some players prefer the NPC side of things, but this is presumably because its different from PvP or other forms of player interaction. What I'm asking is why would you then want the AI to be more human like, when it seems the reason to enjoy it is that its not human like?

Also confirming RL ganking is bad smile

Dazamin wrote:

It actually wasn't a troll question sad Player interaction would seem to be the major selling point of an MMORPG over a Single player RPG. I understand some players prefer the NPC side of things, but this is presumably because its different from PvP or other forms of player interaction. What I'm asking is why would you then want the AI to be more human like, when it seems the reason to enjoy it is that its not human like?

Someone's trying to do a game without npc's. Interesting to see how that goes.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/345

"Like Dofus, Wakfu is a tactical RPG, with a job system and creatures to fight but unlike Dofus, there is an emphasis on an open, player-driven world, lending a sandbox feel to the game. There will be no NPCs in Wakfu, and the entire economy will be player-controlled."

The difference between PvE and PvP in an open world game makes no sense, if the NPCs having the same appearance, same game mechanics and goal as the player.

Thats like playing battlefield against 63 bots that do nothing but serve your kill-counter, but standing still where they spawn and eventually shooting back.

If the NPC just some little (or big) creepers, or dragons, that do not resemble anything that the player can control, they can also act differently.

In case of Perpetuum: The background story (or any mission text) says that the Alien forces are fighting against us, and we have to hold them back -> well, it seems that they do that like purgatory vs. CIR in tournament...

On one hand you got the NPC killing that is an endless stationary grind, based around how you can manage to kill and loot endlessly respawning waves of dumb targets while your accumulator keeps up, where losing your bot is a shame
and
on the other hand you got PvP that almost all times and with the loss of a robot for at least one player, and is based on moving around.
and then, the game forces you to do both in the same enviroment.
Its no wonder that the game cannot hold many Customer for a long time.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Egil wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

"Like Dofus, Wakfu is a tactical RPG, with a job system and creatures to fight but unlike Dofus, there is an emphasis on an open, player-driven world, lending a sandbox feel to the game. There will be no NPCs in Wakfu, and the entire economy will be player-controlled."

Game seems really interesting. It's just the *** community which consists of 12 year old girls what drives me off.

Jasdemis Left Nipple wrote:
Egil wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

Game seems really interesting. It's just the *** community which consists of 12 year old girls what drives me off.

yeah..I've seen them on the forums. Let's make a guild and grief them! MUAHAHAHA

Egil wrote:
Jasdemis Left Nipple wrote:
Egil wrote:

yeah..I've seen them on the forums. Let's make a guild and grief them! MUAHAHAHA

Griefing 12 year old fail whiners =  smile

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Annihilator wrote:

The difference between PvE and PvP in an open world game makes no sense, if the NPCs having the same appearance, same game mechanics and goal as the player.

Thats like playing battlefield against 63 bots that do nothing but serve your kill-counter, but standing still where they spawn and eventually shooting back.

If the NPC just some little (or big) creepers, or dragons, that do not resemble anything that the player can control, they can also act differently.

In case of Perpetuum: The background story (or any mission text) says that the Alien forces are fighting against us, and we have to hold them back -> well, it seems that they do that like purgatory vs. CIR in tournament...

On one hand you got the NPC killing that is an endless stationary grind, based around how you can manage to kill and loot endlessly respawning waves of dumb targets while your accumulator keeps up, where losing your bot is a shame
and
on the other hand you got PvP that almost all times and with the loss of a robot for at least one player, and is based on moving around.
and then, the game forces you to do both in the same enviroment.
Its no wonder that the game cannot hold many Customer for a long time.

Anni, the no NPC thing is in the area of buying and selling items. Does not apply to NPC/monsters.

But I get what you are getting at in your comment above.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Anyone else see this yet?

http://0x10c.com/

what is it?  That looks like a Trap Link.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

It certainly could be, but more the lose-a-leg type of trap, and less the get-a-virus tarp.

Arga you want my leg because of....?  I already give you all my base.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Arga wrote:

Anyone else see this yet?

http://0x10c.com/

First time seeing the site. Notch is the creator of Minecraft and this appears to be the new game he is working on.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23