Re: Idea for Improving population

Sundial wrote:

They can also do combat missions as well (though in my opinion the travel time on this is still too great).

Agree. After the lvl 1 I´ve done the lvl 2 already takes alot of time to do. Dunno how bad the higher once will get. Shrugs. Need to tighten these up some, or increase the speed on the bots in generall. Hey, one must have a dream...

I suggest a Plex system.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I suggest a Plex system.

Although DEV say it's wasting their time, this would seriously boost subs, which is really what we need. Heck, add this when releasing PBS+Gamma+Indy 2.0 and we might have a serious influx of players.

Lucius Marcellus wrote:
Ville wrote:

I suggest a Plex system.

Although DEV say it's wasting their time, this would seriously boost subs, which is really what we need. Heck, add this when releasing PBS+Gamma+Indy 2.0 and we might have a serious influx of players.

+1

Plex at this point is a bigger blessing than a curse.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Plex would also solve the "NIC, Y U no Move" dilema

RMT is the last thing I want to see in an MMO.

Heres an Idea Devs, If you don't want to waste the time developing the plex system, can we as a player base buy the one time game codes and advertise selling them on the forums or in trade channel?  I'm not talking 50 at a time but like one or two?  Is this acceptable?

Ville.. making up for lost time smile

Lets stick with adding Plex.

Dev Zoom I will never curse your name again in a ticket I promise.

35 (edited by Celebro 2012-04-05 11:26:22)

Ville wrote:

I suggest a Plex system.

No plex, I hate the grind just to play, that's not a game. If they do this,
I quit.

RIP PERPETUUM

A Plex system does not force you to grind. The option of just paying for your subscription is still there.

The key argument against Plex is that it would be 'unfair' as the IRL rich people can get rich in-game too. However, the IRL rich people can already buy 10 accounts and get rich that way, so is that really a key issue?

trouble with a plex system right now is people are so filthy rich at this point and the disparity between new player and old player and beta dweller and alpha dweller wealth is so high that to be feasible they would have to make it either unaffordable for new players or lose the subs of most of their current playerbase.

It would need a vast rebalance alongside a full reset.

Walls were a good example, people spend multiple billions, NIC is worth nothing to them right now.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

38 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2012-04-05 14:19:29)

Jita wrote:

trouble with a plex system right now is people are so filthy rich at this point and the disparity between new player and old player and beta dweller and alpha dweller wealth is so high that to be feasible they would have to make it either unaffordable for new players or lose the subs of most of their current playerbase.

Walls were a good example, people spend multiple billions, NIC is worth nothing to them right now.

Maybe I misunderstand what you're trying to get across... but...

Plexes are just a transfer of NIC from one player to another, hence the effect you describe doesn't exist as the Plex prices will adjust naturally depending on how much NIC is out there.

Lucius Marcellus wrote:
Jita wrote:

Maybe I misunderstand what you're trying to get across... but...

Plexes are just a transfer of NIC from one player to another, hence the effect you describe doesn't exist as the Plex prices will adjust naturally depending on how much NIC is out there.

Yes true, but the adjustment is going to cost the Devs loads of subscriptions as there is loads of NIC in peoples wallets.

RIP PERPETUUM

Hum no Celebro. For the surplus of NIC to be evacuated in plex, one has to buy the subscription time first....  What it would do is in fact a temporary increase of incomes for AC. It would correspond to the real currency value of the sub time "inserted" into the game market.

But, for one player to have a sub time, the real currency value must be paid beforehand. So there is not any problem of income for AC with Plex.  The true problem with it is that you can now have real currency=NIC, wich imo is very bad for the game world balance, the "pay to win" parameter, that many of us dislike.

Imo any way of "buying" any ingame money, items, ect with real money must be avoided. The plex system in its essence is good for everyone. The problem is the guy that has 10K dollars that dunno what to do with them, buy many many game time items, then sell them at lower prices, *** the market etc...   It makes the ingame world economy vulnerable of real money.  So for me its a big no.

41 (edited by Lucius Marcellus 2012-04-05 15:43:44)

Yes, it will cost them development time.

No, it will not lower the amount of subscriptions. Neither in an adjustment nor later. It doesn't matter how much NIC there are floating around. For someone to buy Plex for NIC, someone else needs to buy Plex for IRL money.

Plex could be bought for newly introduced mission tokens. lol

43 (edited by Celebro 2012-04-05 15:54:55)

Cobalt wrote:

Hum no Celebro. For the surplus of NIC to be evacuated in plex, one has to buy the subscription time first....  What it would do is in fact a temporary increase of incomes for AC. It would correspond to the real currency value of the sub time "inserted" into the game market.

But, for one player to have a sub time, the real currency value must be paid beforehand. So there is not any problem of income for AC with Plex.  The true problem with it is that you can now have real currency=NIC, wich imo is very bad for the game world balance, the "pay to win" parameter, that many of us dislike.

Imo any way of "buying" any ingame money, items, ect with real money must be avoided. The plex system in its essence is good for everyone. The problem is the guy that has 10K dollars that dunno what to do with them, buy many many game time items, then sell them at lower prices, *** the market etc...   It makes the ingame world economy vulnerable of real money.  So for me its a big no.

:Facepalm: I forgot how it works, you are right. Anyways its a no to plex. Facilitating IRL rich people getting, pay to win. Multiple accounts is inevitable unfortunately, still requires effort and its not an easy pay to win.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Ville wrote:

I suggest a Plex system.

No plex, I hate the grind just to play, that's not a game. If they do this,
I quit.

A Plex system would help current population, think of who the people with the most time are?  Unemployeed, college kids, or some people on fixed incomes.  This would help people who don't have large cash flows be able to pay for their accounts.  This would also help the flow of Nic On the Market.  More people trying to pay for PLEX the more activity you will see on the market.  Also it would open up cash flow for Devs, and that is what we truly need to think about =P

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

The key argument against Plex is that it would be 'unfair' as the IRL rich people can get rich in-game too. However, the IRL rich people can already buy 10 accounts and get rich that way, so is that really a key issue?

How having 10 account makes a player rich?  You have to actually PLAY the 10 accounts to become ten times faster rich than a guy with his single account. On the other hand with plex a guy can come, buy X plexes, sell them ingame, and become instant rich without even interacting with the game itself, except placing sell orders....

Sorry but your counter argument is illogical. Plex, and what it would permit (RMT) has a negative effect on ingame economy continuity.

2 rules that AC shouldnt transgress:

- 1 EP per minute, per active subscription.
- real money ONLY for account subscription payment (excluding plex wich is a disguised RMT wich is real money for ingame stuff, whatever it is).

Cobalt wrote:
Lucius Marcellus wrote:

How having 10 account makes a player rich?  You have to actually PLAY the 10 accounts to become ten times faster rich than a guy with his single account. On the other hand with plex a guy can come, buy X plexes, sell them ingame, and become instant rich without even interacting with the game itself, except placing sell orders....

Sorry but your counter argument is illogical. Plex, and what it would permit (RMT) has a negative effect on ingame economy continuity.

2 rules that AC shouldnt transgress:

- 1 EP per minute, per active subscription.
- real money ONLY for account subscription payment (excluding plex wich is a disguised RMT wich is real money for ingame stuff, whatever it is).

Easily bypassed by anyone with half a brain:

Liquid Mining
NPC farming (use isboxer to link 10 mesmers/grophos/seths together)

Ville im surprised you got a such shortsighted vision of what plex actually does to a game. If you want real money=power, you dont need a fùcking sandbox mmo. IRL is full of it. Or at least go play a multi million players korean F2P P2W grind pseudo mmo...

48 (edited by Ville 2012-04-05 16:30:54)

Cobalt, I of all people probably have a better insight of how PLEX can affect perpetuum.

49 (edited by Cobalt 2012-04-05 16:26:46)

Sundial wrote:

Liquid Mining

Ahaha you just made my point thx. Yourself talked about the 1rst cancer that plex/RMT permit:  bots.

So isboxer is allowed? And you suggest macro mining too i guess?

Anyone with a FULL brain recognize the death of fun when peoples rely to the systems you raise here.

50 (edited by Sundial 2012-04-05 16:28:57)

Cobalt wrote:
Sundial wrote:

Liquid Mining

Ahaha you just made my point thx. Yourself talked about the 1rst cancer that plex/RMT permit:  bots.

So isboxer is allowed? And you suggest macro mining too i guess?

You don't need to macro even with 10 accounts mining liquizit controlling them manually (with isboxer is another story).

The point: I can already pay to win NIC with 10 accounts.