Topic: So new players will never catch the old players when it comes to XP ri

Well, the title says it all. I guess it´s like in EVE. With the no grinding aspect of the game, you will never catch those that played the game from day 1. Or is it a way to somehow gather more XP? I know I still can get competative by focusing on a few things instead of all, just wanted to know if there is any other way to gain more XP, or if it´s stuck at getting the same amount of XP all the time?

Re: So new players will never catch the old players when it comes to XP ri

all skills just have 10 lvls... so after 1.5 years specializing in a certain build - your as good as any vet in that

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

all skills just have 10 lvls... so after 1.5 years specializing in a certain build - your as good as any vet in that

As in EVE then. So no way to gain some boost XP then?

nope

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Roxi 2012-03-30 00:01:25)

Punk Panther wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Right, there is no way to get more ep than 1 per minute.

this chart shows roughly how it works, you can be effective in a certain build in a few months, but then it reaches a point in where to get the slightest boost in stats cost massive amounts of ep.

http://i.imgur.com/9AA88.jpg

You can be effective in a short while, you still won't be too far off older players, and imo most of the difference between them would be experience and tactics rather than just bot stats.

6 (edited by Celebro 2012-03-30 00:34:20)

To offer some encouragement there are not many vets left playing actively. Hopefully a mass of new players will come, and vets would be a like a drop in an ocean. By that time you might be called a vet too and some other new guy would want to catch up with you with some kind of xp boost. What would you say to him?

RIP PERPETUUM

Roxi wrote:
Punk Panther wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Right, there is no way to get more ep than 1 per minute.

this chart shows roughly how it works, you can be effective in a certain build in a few months, but then it reaches a point in where to get the slightest boost in stats cost massive amounts of ep.

http://i.imgur.com/9AA88.jpg

You can be effective in a short while, you still won't be too far off older players, and imo most of the difference between them would be experience and tactics rather than just bot stats.

It currently still very much comes down to numbers, gear and extensions. Sure tactics help but I haven't really seen any clever use of it in my time doing PVP.

Due to the fact that for most skills the difference between 8 and 10 is not that large in effect but extrem in EP I see a measurable difference between new and vet within the first 3 month, but not afterwarts.

Thx for all the answers. Appriciated.

Another nOOb question. Don´t wanna start a new thread about it. How does it work if you add a character to your account? Will they devide the XP then, or does the new character get just as much XP as the first?

ep are gained per account. if you spend them on one char then they are gone. but both chars will have access to the same pool. where you want or not wnat to spend them is up to you.

in most cases there are not many usefull ways of a second or third char per account. scout, sell/buy char... well then its gets hard to find a reason.

most ppl that play perp and want more then one char and do different things have two (or more) accounts.