Topic: Fire on squadmates without PvP flagging

Don't think I really even need to elaborate here.

A non hostile act should not cause you to PvP flag. You should be able to do this on alpha as well.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

2 (edited by Burial 2012-03-22 04:49:13)

Re: Fire on squadmates without PvP flagging

Sure, why not. Ive had it on beta numerous times when I wanted to test fits and then couldn't rapidly change and test them because I was flagged.

But would it in theory make alpha ganking possible? You find a PUG, join them and gank them?
I would like it if it was worked on a bit more, like making so that fireing would not get you flagged but destroying something would. Some more ideas needed though.

Burial wrote:

Sure, why not. Ive had it on beta numerous times when I wanted to test fits and then couldn't rapidly change and test them because I was flagged.

But would it in theory make alpha ganking possible? You find a PUG, join them and gank them?
I would like it if it was worked on a bit more, like making so that fireing would not get you flagged but destroying something would. Some more ideas needed though.

Maybe the squad leader could set whether it was allowed or not to stop this kind of griefing?

Ooooh, the ability to punish, torture and execute your corp/teammates! >:3

+1, may be useful. And yes, such things should be controlled by a squad leader.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Sundial wrote:

Maybe the squad leader could set whether it was allowed or not to stop this kind of griefing?

I think most of the time it would be the leader and his squad being the griefers. Invite naive noob into squad, gank, profit. Getting flagged after the poor guy is destroyed doesn't help him anymore.

will be exploited for sure. so im not sure if this is a god idea. there will always be some as****** that have minority complexes and see their fun in inviting noobs on alpha and then just kill them before they know what happned. so im not sure if this is a good idea.

maybe this will work if the other person has to agree and set another flag so teammates can shoot him without flagging for pve.

7 (edited by Burial 2012-03-22 11:28:45)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Sundial wrote:

I think most of the time it would be the leader and his squad being the griefers. Invite naive noob into squad, gank, profit. Getting flagged after the poor guy is destroyed doesn't help him anymore.

Why not make it beta thing only then. The game currently has several similar limitations like that in place that protect alpha players already.

I dont really know what would be good for alpha and whatnot since I rarely team there, all I want would be the ability to shoot corpmates without getting flagged. Could go as far as if the two have good relations towards eachother, they can shoot eachother without any restrictions and flag, even on alpha - could potentially add some interesting gameplay possibilities. lol

I think its fine the way it is.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Zoom - then limit it to corpmates.

but i see another "exploit" of this... if i say "Jihad-Sequer" you get the idea, right?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:
Sundial wrote:

Getting flagged WHILE destroying the poor guy will not help him too smile So nothing will change on betas. And on alphas - we can't freely shoot each other anyway.

Line wrote:

Getting flagged WHILE destroying the poor guy will not help him too smile So nothing will change on betas. And on alphas - we can't freely shoot each other anyway.

So what exactly would be the benefit of this change? smile

Yes please do that.. new players who will be ganked in first few days will leave faster than usually... lol:lol:

Its just funny to see "real pvp players" here on forum requsting all the time pvp and then they want to grief...
But yeah,its sandbox between players and alts!

Just lol lol and more lol!

13 (edited by Sundial 2012-03-22 15:28:00)

MoBIoS wrote:

I think its fine the way it is.

Its fine not being able to test your fits without flagging and having to wait 5 minutes for every change and then potentially getting blobbed?

Maybe if you only make a new fit once a week. There are some people though who want to get the most out of their bots and are constantly testing new fits in new scenarios vs others.

14 (edited by Sundial 2012-03-22 15:28:46)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Line wrote:

So what exactly would be the benefit of this change? smile

Being able to test my new fits more than once every 5 minutes and also not getting zerged/griefed myself  because I cannot dockup just because I was testing a fit with another corpmate? Even on alpha you have to flagup if you want to test a fit.

How about have the squad leader set a flag saying you can do it and then the individual who want to set a flag?

I just want to test my fits more than once every 5 minutes smile

Can you please give me some way to do this Zoom?

Maybe the best solution would be indeed to allow corpmates to shoot each other without flagging, except for npc corporations. Then we would only need bigass warnings when you get a corp invite smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

Maybe the best solution would be indeed to allow corpmates to shoot each other without flagging, except for npc corporations. Then we would only need bigass warnings when you get a corp invite smile

So I assume this would work on an alliance level too when you guys add it in the game?

What about friends in different alliances / people on alpha wanting to test out fits against their friends who may not be in the same alliance?

DEV Zoom wrote:

A corpmate is fine too! big_smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yes, please!

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

The other solution could be implementing a "sparring flag" and make it work like a dicrect trade request ?

i know there are many topics out there asking for some tournament pvp game mechanics - this would be one. You invite your opponent to a sparring battle and he has to accept it - if the two accepting agents are squad leader of a squad each, the squadmates are automatically flagged too (to test nexus setups)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

if the two accepting agents are squad leader of a squad each, the squadmates are automatically flagged too (to test nexus setups)

That's a griefing possibility too, just with an additional step smile (Two one-man squads, the first one invites the victim, the leaders "flag up" and the second one shoots him.)

But it would work between two random players.

Exploitable and unnecessary.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

if the two accepting agents are squad leader of a squad each, the squadmates are automatically flagged too (to test nexus setups)

That's a griefing possibility too, just with an additional step smile (Two one-man squads, the first one invites the victim, the leaders "flag up" and the second one shoots him.)

But it would work between two random players.

I think we at the very least need some kind of mechanic to do this on beta islands (where it can't be exploited)

This makes me feel sad for the alpha guys though because they will never be able to even test out fits without getting ganked lol. They can't even mess around / play with eachother outside of the terminal cause someone might undockski on them.

23 (edited by 0110011100001111001010001 2012-03-22 22:41:34)

Really does it take all that long to run 1KM away from terminal, flag up and have fun?

In all seriousness,  this is ridiculous on so many level's its crazy.

Not to mention this is NOT a issue, at all.  With so few on (200s or so) there are PLENTY of spots to flag up and have fun.

This is crazy to make beta, again, even less of a PVP zone at all.  If someone undockski'ed on them guess what,  ITS FREAKING BETA you dumb ***.

To even think this gets a response from the DEV's shows how much they are worried about this game to begin with.  Catering for care bears wont win people back.  Period.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr

0110011100001111001010001 wrote:

Really does it take all that long to run 1KM away from terminal, flag up and have fun?

In all seriousness,  this is ridiculous on so many level's its crazy.

Not to mention this is NOT a issue, at all.  With so few on (200s or so) there are PLENTY of spots to flag up and have fun.

This is crazy to make beta, again, even less of a PVP zone at all.  If someone undockski'ed on them guess what,  ITS FREAKING BETA you dumb ***.

To even think this gets a response from the DEV's shows how much they are worried about this game to begin with.  Catering for care bears wont win people back.  Period.

Fact 1: The devs don't ballance the game around low population.
Fact 2: Flagging under / near a terminal can get you ganked on alpha. No *** it happens at beta too. It would still happen with this change I am proposing.
Fact 3: You currently have to wait 5 minutes before modifying your fit when messing around

And thus driving people from the game, this MUST BE SOLVED!!!!

Basically what your saying.

This idea that you instantly die when flagging up on ALPHA and BETA is a farce.

A non issue. Period, move on to better things.

Just Sayin
01000110 01110010 01100101 01100101 01101100 01100001 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01110011
smileneutralsadbig_smileyikeswinkhmmtonguelolmadrollcoolyarr