Re: Make cans last longer

Arga wrote:

One of the biggest flags of ninja mining is the can, which can be spotted from a long way off by a detector bot.

Just making the can last longer, while better for solo alpha miners, would be less beneficial to players using beta.

Having more than 1 can type would be the best solution, or better still, when you deploy the can, you can choose a timer setting , 5 - 15 - 30

No idea how complicated it would be to implement, but the timer idea is really sweet! smile
Either that, or just add 15,30,45,60 minute cans with an increased prize tag.

27 (edited by Burial 2012-03-22 04:51:06)

Also could have pin and non-pin checking cans. big_smile

Please DEVs, make a can that last an hour instead of 15 minutes, and I'd happily pay a million NIC for each can! big_smile

29 (edited by Inda 2012-04-28 10:58:52)

Most important after moving fields !!! Pls DEVs.
Or can I ask what the problem with that?

Just make 3 type of container and will be everything ok (just some thoughts under).

1. 4 k     NIC       15 min    100 m
2. 100 k NIC        30 min    100m
3. 500 k NIC        1 h         200 m

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

+1 to Inda's Idea.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Inda wrote:

Most important after moving fields !!! Pls DEVs.
Or can I ask what the problem with that?

Just make 3 type of container and will be everything ok (just some thoughts under).

1. 4 k     NIC       15 min    100 m
2. 100 k NIC        30 min    100m
3. 500 k NIC        1 h         200 m

^Should be enough to cover everyones needs. smile
Right now all players with only a single account are restricted to farming (less than) 7,5 minutes of travel from the terminal. Just adding these cans adds A LOT of PVE/mining possibilities/content for many players.

even with a longer lasting can - players are still restricted to farming static spawns somewhere out in the blue, and the requirement to walk back to their homebase, change robot, walk back out to the farming location and bring the loot home -

the longer lasting can would help a bit, but not much...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Wait... no one added "That's what she said" yet?

alternately, players can just create a free trial to haul with, or to simply sit on the can (pun intended).

I like the idea about different timed cans at different prices.

+1

Additionally, would also like to see feature to delete/remove the can on the field without waiting for the timer. That way, when I'm done with my hour-can I can remove it manually, rather than letting it sit there (as an indication I was there stealing your noralgis).

Sparking to other games