Re: How to balance a 50ker vs a 20ker?

The EP difference isn't as much of an issue as you think it is. Seriously stop flogging a dead horse. I've got an early access account and two I bought after launch and I've had no issue with getting kills with my newer characters. The 30K EP difference between my chars hasn't stopped them doing what I needed them to. Seriously, a few % here and there doesn't matter as much as fittings and player skill. You seem to be attributing your fail to a perceived EP difference when in fact there is a strong likelihood the people beating you could have less EP than you.

27 (edited by Recognizer 2010-12-09 18:16:21)

*offensive Link recognized and removed*

BizzyBeast wrote:
Decon wrote:

This has to be a troll.

There is no way a maximum EP difference whine thread would be started so soon after the game was released

Oh man thats a shame, AXE is so big that their newer players dont pick up on any info?

Sadly youre trying the opposite arguement of whats been the norm. 50k EP (early access) vs 20k EP (25th and on) has been almost totally agreed (obviously) to be a huge advantage early on.

What you meant to say, but got confused or flustered, was that it will even out in several years.. So whats the big deal. Ill assume you would have gone with that, had you been informed on what you were discussing.

Biz,

My brother from another mother.
My boy with which I toy. (came up with that right now, awesome, I know!)

Do you really, whole heartedly, with a sound mind, think something is going to change?

I wish I preordered, I didn't, I also wished when I tried stEVE a year ago that I had tried it 6 years ago... the thing is... I had to accept that this is how progression is done in these MMO's. It sucks, sure, but it's how it's going to be. You can either make the best of it or jump off a bridge.

To draw similarities from life... their are those children born into a family that had the smarts and the foresight to get their financial situation in order before having a child... those children in most cases lead a fairly charmed life.

Then there are those who are born to an Ethiopian crack *** --- they don't start off with the advantages of those lucky few... but in this sandbox we call life... those Ethiopian crack children still have opportunities to make something of themselves. Imagine this child, working in the diamond mines of south africa, finds a huge blood diamond, hides it in his rectum and flees the country... now he's one rich crack baby....

Stop kicking the dirt, get your *** into the diamond mines of perpetuum and make something of yourself.

GLiMPSE wrote:
BizzyBeast wrote:
Decon wrote:

This has to be a troll.

There is no way a maximum EP difference whine thread would be started so soon after the game was released

Oh man thats a shame, AXE is so big that their newer players dont pick up on any info?

Sadly youre trying the opposite arguement of whats been the norm. 50k EP (early access) vs 20k EP (25th and on) has been almost totally agreed (obviously) to be a huge advantage early on.

What you meant to say, but got confused or flustered, was that it will even out in several years.. So whats the big deal. Ill assume you would have gone with that, had you been informed on what you were discussing.

Biz,

Do you really, whole heartedly, with a sound mind, think something is going to change?

I wish I preordered, I didn't, I also wished when I tried stEVE a year ago that I had tried it 6 years ago... the thing is... I had to accept that this is how progression is done in these MMO's. It sucks, sure, but it's how it's going to be. You can either make the best of it or jump off a bridge.

To draw similarities from life... their are those children born into a family that had the smarts and the foresight to get their financial situation in order before having a child... those children in most cases lead a fairly charmed life.

Then there are those who are born to an Ethiopian crack *** --- they don't start off with the advantages of those lucky few... but in this sandbox we call life... those Ethiopian crack children still have opportunities to make something of themselves. Imagine this child, working in the diamond mines of south africa, finds a huge blood diamond, hides it in his rectum and flees the country... now he's one rich crack baby....

Stop kicking the dirt, get your *** into the diamond mines of perpetuum and make something of yourself.

AHHHHHHHHHHH the dreaded M2S swarm!!!! Haha.

Regardless of anything your post was both inspirational and motivational. Ive begun jamming things into my rectum just to check my capacity for blood diamond holding.

No nothing will change, but regardless it was a dumb move to give 30k more EP to those who already had a wealth of beta experience. I know you agree, but you cant flat out say it because all those funky toothed EU m2s guys will 'Liggy your yankey limey rubbish' or whatever. Lets just have a e-high five knowing it was bullshit, but who cares because we can always shove diamonds in our ***.

BizzyBeast wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:
BizzyBeast wrote:

Biz,

AHHHHHHHHHHH the dreaded M2S swarm!!!! Haha.

Regardless of anything your post was both inspirational and motivational. Ive begun jamming things into my rectum just to check my capacity for blood diamond holding.

No nothing will change, but regardless it was a dumb move to give 30k more EP to those who already had a wealth of beta experience. I know you agree, but you cant flat out say it because all those funky toothed EU m2s guys will 'Liggy your yankey limey rubbish' or whatever. Lets just have a e-high five knowing it was bullshit, but who cares because we can always shove diamonds in our ***.

Glad I was able to open your eyes to some of the finer points in life.

<shoving diamonds in your ***>

~G~

Shrug. When I first played (2 weekends ago?) I had the same problem. Some jackasses farming the mobs for my assignment who locked on faster than me. I got pissed and almost quit and then realized I was being a whiny *** and moved to another mob. Problem solved.

Ixath wrote:

Shrug. When I first played (2 weekends ago?) I had the same problem. Some jackasses farming the mobs for my assignment who locked on faster than me. I got pissed and almost quit and then realized I was being a whiny *** and moved to another mob. Problem solved.

If only the rest were as smart as you.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

BizzyBeast wrote:
Decon wrote:

This has to be a troll.

I know exactly what is being discussed and I will stick with my original response. If you have a problem beating out other people to get what you want it's not an issue of EP it's an issue of player skill/creativity.

Decon wrote:
BizzyBeast wrote:
Decon wrote:

This has to be a troll.

I know exactly what is being discussed and I will stick with my original response. If you have a problem beating out other people to get what you want it's not an issue of EP it's an issue of player skill/creativity.

I think you missed the train... we've moved onto rectal storage discussions.

GLiMPSE wrote:

Oh...well then.

I recommend creating storage containers to keep everything organized in there. They're really cheep only 5000 NIC a piece and you can name them whatever you want.

Decon wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:

Oh...well then.

I recommend creating storage containers to keep everything organized in there. They're really cheep only 5000 NIC a piece and you can name them whatever you want.

I don't take kindly to them fruitcakes that name things that go in their rear end!

Let's keep these conversations strictly hetero please.

Ixath wrote:

So you gave up on that mission and that was a valid fix to players having a logical reason to farm those mission mobs, without even having said mission.

To me you being a whiney *** would have been much better then a senseless sheep.

Honestly simply being out locked by people is not the issue and l2p would apply if that was the case.

Decon wrote:

I know you got really excited that you got to post with seemingly tough or cool m2s guys and you got all hyped up. But cut that shat out around Bizzy Beast, I dont play that bull.

Youre trying to make it sound like youre playing basketball.. 'Mad skilling up on punk az beeches, wit dat skill son.' Youre in a mech hitting R then spacebar. There is no super awesome slam dunk awesome AND ONE moves you are rofflestomping newbles with, ROFLMAO.

Oh ima get creative, ima click the MOB from the screen, not the target list.. BAMIZZLE, SCHOOLED ON KID.

This is what you sound like, it sounds so *** when I imitate it, doesnt it?

There isnt special pinky excercises youre using, its 30,000 EP and has nothing to do with skill or creativity. Its small %s that add up to an advantage thats not easily circumvented. Think of it like this, on forums I have 12% more logic then most of you. While its barely noticeable, its the main reason why I riverdance on your stupid posts.

BizzyBeast wrote:
Ixath wrote:

So you gave up on that mission and that was a valid fix to players having a logical reason to farm those mission mobs, without even having said mission.

To me you being a whiney *** would have been much better then a senseless sheep.

Honestly simply being out locked by people is not the issue and l2p would apply if that was the case.

Decon wrote:

I know you got really excited that you got to post with seemingly tough or cool m2s guys and you got all hyped up. But cut that shat out around Bizzy Beast, I dont play that bull.

Youre trying to make it sound like youre playing basketball.. 'Mad skilling up on punk az beeches, wit dat skill son.' Youre in a mech hitting R then spacebar. There is no super awesome slam dunk awesome AND ONE moves you are rofflestomping newbles with, ROFLMAO.

Oh ima get creative, ima click the MOB from the screen, not the target list.. BAMIZZLE, SCHOOLED ON KID.

There isnt special pinky excercises youre using, its 30,000 EP and has nothing to do with skill or creativity. Its small %s that add up to an advantage thats not easily circumvented. Think of it like this, on forums I have 12% more logic then most of you. While its barely noticeable, its the main reason why I riverdance on your stupid posts.

I haven't seen that in a while...

<riverdance that is>

~G~

GLiMPSE wrote:

<riverdance that is>

~G~

Well it would be hard for you to do with 6lbs of diamonds lodged into your ***.

BizzyBeast wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:

<riverdance that is>

~G~

possibly...

<i haven't put it through the proper scientific trials to know the truth>

~G~

GLiMPSE wrote:
BizzyBeast wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:

<riverdance that is>

~G~

possibly...

~G~

Whats with the <> and ~G~

Gary Busey on your back, bickering about your posts?

BizzyBeast wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:
BizzyBeast wrote:

possibly...

~G~

Whats with the <> and ~G~

Gary Busey on your back, bickering about your posts?

all the cool kids are doing it..

<it makes me feel special on the interwebz -- my mother failed to do so in real life>

~G~

GLiMPSE wrote:

<it makes me feel special on the interwebz -- my mother failed to do so in real life>

~G~

If we reply to each other this much in one more thread, we are officially e-dating. Im going to cancel my e-harmony membership in anticipation.

44 (edited by GLiMPSE 2010-12-09 22:11:52)

BizzyBeast wrote:
GLiMPSE wrote:

~G~

If we reply to each other this much in one more thread, we are officially e-dating. Im going to cancel my e-harmony membership in anticipation.

good call -- friend me on facebook

<i hear that's what all the kids do these days when they're dating -- don't forget to update your status>

~G~

BizzyBeast wrote:
Ixath wrote:

Decon wrote:

You do understand that you could train Accelerated Target Locking (ATL) to level 9 for 17,153 EP  almost completely nullifying the EP advantage a 50ker would have on target locking.

But what about the dual sensor amplifiers you can put on an assault bot you say? Well for 17,594 EP you can train ATL to 8 AND all the prereq skills to pilot an assault bot yourself. Thus most likely giving yourself the advantage.

Both scenarios can be done with a brand new character.

(Note: All EP numbers were taken from Perpetuum Planner using a Pure combat character build.)

Like I said it all boils down to player skill/creativity. Use your head next time you decide to spew ignorance on the forums.

Decon wrote:
BizzyBeast wrote:
Ixath wrote:

Decon wrote:

You do understand that you could train Accelerated Target Locking (ATL) to level 9 for 17,153 EP  almost completely nullifying the EP advantage a 50ker would have on target locking.

But what about the dual sensor amplifiers you can put on an assault bot you say? Well for 17,594 EP you can train ATL to 8 AND all the prereq skills to pilot an assault bot yourself. Thus most likely giving yourself the advantage.

(Note: All EP numbers were taken from Perpetuum Planner using a Pure combat character build.)

Like I said it all boils down to player skill/creativity. Use your head next time you decide to spew ignorance on the forums.

Gosh Decon... you're always so slow. Bizzy and I have moved past this part in our lives -- we're e-dating now.

<you're almost as slow as that guy that sign's his posts with ~M~>

~G~

Sorry hard to keep up with the forums at work sad

48 (edited by franko 2010-12-10 08:05:55)

Decon wrote:

Yes, burn all EP on targeting... 17k you say ? how much you will have for other expansons ?
3k ?
You know something ? after targeting you must kill your target... after looting you must sell/recycle.
There are expansions almost for everything, and player that have 20k starting is struggling what to upgrade next, when player 50k is having more than double EP to be more effective in battle and commerce. Can sell cheaper (vat) and can farm faster (there already people in mechs you know...)
When people without early access will have mech they will be using h. mech, and will say use your skills noob or be more creative.
There already posts about beta islands, and why is no one comming to them... gues what because its suicide...
Use your head next time.

Decon wrote:

I heard someone say something about you being slow, so ill take it easy on you. Know thats not usually my style though, im vicious and very much a buffed up billygoat who rips trolls in half and shats all over the greener grass on the other side, just out of spite.

So that being said I will destroy your silly logic in one simple, but effective sentence: Both scenarios can be done with a brand new character, yet a 50ker can do both at once.

Whiff the smelling salts, scramble to your feet, and be glad I didnt punish you more after this swift KO superman punch of logic. DING DING goes the bell, clear out of the thread folks. Its all over.

<Glimpse.. Applebees, lets go, my treat.. No appetizer though and no 15 dollar 3 oz margarita bullshat either.>

everyone gets the same lockon speed period...problem solved