Topic: Questions about Expansion

and hopefully some answers.

1. New islands Names
    If you add (exaggerated) 100 Islands at once - will they all have an individual unspell-able Name?
    (POV Tranlator DB: 100 tokens)

2. Islands sectors
    Will you scrap the concept of meaningless sectors, or trying to find another bunch of 5 random sector-names per Island again?
    (POV Translator DB: +500 tokens)

3. Teleporter Names
    Teleporter usually named after the sector they are located... so this extends on #2
    (PoV Translator DB: +2-4 tokens per teleporter depending on connections)

4. The representation of the Map - will it change?
    ingame - currently i can hardly open the Map without risking a freeze or crash- and thats mostly because its showing me more information then i actually want to have. Im on one islands, but the game loads all 12 at once, with accurate terrain data and passable slope/building data that i do not care the moment i open it.
    Even when i zoom out to see where a certain teleport line goes - i dont need the terrain information of that other island until i zoom in on that island.  ...
    (more details if requested)

5. Cultivation of plants
    will we be able to cultivate stuff, or will we still have to use the "trial&error&8-hour wait" mechanic to plant something that we can harvest ?
    Currently the plant incubators are not even usefull for "decoration"...

6. More Unobtainium and Handwavium?
    If you implement new Ores and Materials - will you again give them unspell-able names and add things to the PSE that do not exist in RL? Scifi usually adds 1 or 2 artifical Elements to explain the scifi-tech (trilicium, naquada, tiberium) - Perpetuum already has more...

7. t.b.c.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Questions about Expansion

FC: Jump Korskee Two!"
Fleet: Wat
*15 seconds of arguing over pronunciation*
Everyone: OH SHI--------------

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

i think the next new rare ore should be called "unattainium" smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

KKO to Internal to SS to blaha to KK then push ursells jump on contact to Yula then push for external once we get to moyar we can push back to ss then repeat from there.

Is it Tallseyers or Tailseers? Or how Galoly OP is no where near Galoly B TP

Anyway +1 to Anni on making things alittle to difficult sometimes.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Hey Anni. How you liked live on beta?

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

6 (edited by Gremrod 2012-03-16 16:13:01)

Islands beyond beta should get ALPHA Numeric names. SO much easier to call out this format.

Formats

XX-XXX
XXX-XX

HAL-90
KIL-55
I8-DOG

Gates can then be named after them

KIL-55 I
KIL-55 II

I8-DOG I

etc. etc.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

7 (edited by Ville 2012-03-16 18:52:56)

Evernight: where's that at?
Evernight: let me look at my map
Everyone on Comms Collectively: noooooooooooooooooo!
Evernight: I crashed guys

*5 mins later*

Evernight: I can't log in

...3 weeks later....

Evernight: It still won't let me in....

and that was the last time evernight was ever seen again.

Edited: because I am in my office now instead of on my *** phone smile

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

OK Jump in talsears and then hear to nainitch, where's that at?, nw of you,let me look at my map, noooooooooooooooooo!, crashed guys, 5 mins later, I can't log in...3 weeks later.... it still won't let me in.... and that was the last time evernigh was ever seen again.

Thats what he gets for opening the map, teleporting, and being on alsbale at the same time.

May this be a lesson to all.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Poor EverNight

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

I really like the strange names, they give the islands and places character, and make it easier to remember where things are etc. Much more interesting than just number/letter combinations.

Gemara wrote:

I really like the strange names, they give the islands and places character, and make it easier to remember where things are etc. Much more interesting than just number/letter combinations.

TBH I agree they give character. Not sure if I agree they are easier to remember. hmm

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Really? Imagine of all the telporters were called like TX-112, GH-499 etc. etc. and then imagine trying to remember which one got you from one island to the next, and which one you came out at.

Wheras remembering that you go to Galoly-belil to get up to Blaha I then walk to Blaha II to get to Koryosk then you run to koryosk internal and jump to ursels internal then run to the new crimea outpost to ninja mine some of RG's epriton, just seems far more natural to me tongue

I just like the funky names i guess. Galoly-belil is my favourite smile

I've no problem with generated names, but they should make sense, not be some random crap (scan result names fuuu)

Some simple coded scheme involving dimensions  like north/east/south/west, internal/external, to alpha/to beta, inland/on the border etc would be nice.

This won't be an issue any time soon.

RIP PERPETUUM