Topic: Enlighte me...

Ola,

I would like to request from you that you make some stuff to do for smaller corps and players who are playing solo this game!

Fist off all,i see that you are doing awesome and hard job,but as we can all see there is no enuogh old players and also new players!

Guys, devs and others,
me in the first place and my in-game friends/ rl friends are pretty dissatisfied with direction and few things in-game! I will speak about my view not my corpmates!

First thing is that we have around 7 in corp ,and few of them have alts. We are all from Croatian-speaking domain so we are in start limited for numbers in corp,because we want to have atm only our guys in.
With that "handicap" we can play exclusively when we are pretty much all online!
When we are all online we do percentage in general chat (around 10%)...

I want to say that you have in game "lot of something,but its nothing"...
You are focusing in some big stuff as building stations,making walls etc,but you dont have numbers for that,speaking in general! With walls you can see what u did,its not worth mentioning.. Now when u fix it has sense...

Make focus on individuals and it should be fine for start!
the game makes an individual not CORP... remember that...

Here i can see lot of people talking about pvp, wich pvp we are talking about?
You have in EUTZ pick time 80 in general chat,13 in terminal on telesis/another 15 around telesis island, and lot of new guys in ics... Not to mention alts... So on bets islads you have how much real pvp players?
And who are real pvp players sience everybody have mining/industrial alts?
Now u will say that you dont need blob and that is perfect,but again perp solve blob *** long time ago, so its perfect if u have lot of ppl in fleet!

Question:
Why you are forcing players to do industry/mining on beta islands?
That is the same thing that you producing whatever in the middle of the Afghanistan, Iraq or some war zone!
You are trying to make fun for "pvp" players(griefers) from my point of view...
If u put paralel to eve you will see what i am talking about!

I will put just an example,
NONE except some crazy freaks are not mining in o.o (rare ABC ore) because is always war zone,
that type of ore is coming from wh space, this kind of space is hold small corps and they are transporting in trade hubs this rare ore and from that they are making profit,but paralely smaller corp are pretty happy with amount of money/fun they earn/have...
O.O is for big players,they have moons for mining, moons are good motivation because you get lot of money per moon and with that money they are buying big stuff(capitals/stations/infrastructure) and ships for replacment etc...!

The point is that in perp missing that...
All what u did u did fine(from industry to strong npc-s), except that aspect of game for small corps and fun for individuals. Your base is corp,but corp is group of individuals!

You have all prerequisites to one of the best game this type,but not with that what are u doing!
Why i say so?
Because every single day perp is loses people. sad
Why they left?
Because they cant do *** alone and they are bored after few weeks...

Your alarm is ringing all the time,change something!

I am not requesting nothing except : "Focus on individuals and things for smaller corps!"
They are make the game!

Feeling that u have something that belong to you (STATION/POS/INFRASTRUCTURE) is just precious and resistless(and u dont have that).

BIG THINGS ARE COMING WITH SMALL!

I hope that i am not the only one with that thinking!!!!

Re: Enlighte me...

as much as people complained about the golden triangle it did make the alpha islands seem populated.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

3 (edited by Sundial 2012-03-13 17:02:52)

Missions need better high end rewards / reasons to run them.

This gives solo / small corp players something to do / way to make good money and fuels the market with high end goods / ammo.

Im sorry but sparks / ammo is not enough to make running missions profitable.

Add that to the fact that all the tough missions are on beta only which does not work for solo / small group players...

I don't bother logging into perp when I only have 1-2 hours to play because there is nothing I can do within that time that is worth doing.

Solution:

Add spark teleport, high end missions rewards, increase mission rewards.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I agree with OP, if you only have 1 account and depend on your corp mates to be online, and it's only you might as well log out. I mean unless you can drive a sequer and farm a spawn with container you are limited by the 15mins timer which sucks, same issue with mining. If you can't drive a sequer because you are focusing on combat, you are stuck with doing missions. So solo play without an extra account have few options.

Regarding industry facilities, being more efficient on beta than alpha to attract players does not work because Devs are attracting the wrong type of player to move to beta. Comparing EVE only because it's worked out for them; refining is more efficient on high sec than 0.0, which is opposite of what we have here.

RIP PERPETUUM

i agree that the solo content is not the best atm. for me i did my first 2 months mostly artefact scanning on beta... but you need a long breath to do so because it can get pretty boring. but still its the most rewarding thing a new player can do.

from my perspective we first need the gama islands to keep the population in game and maybe even get some old vets back to game. once this is in then i agree that the next important thing will be a big alpha patch. more ilands more stuff for the carebears. then the carebears fuel the economy and the game itself. look how much % pf the STeve population lives in 0.0...

You all just touch in essence of the problem!

@Syrissa
"from my perspective we first need the gama islands to keep the population in game and maybe even get some old vets back to game. once this is in then i agree that the next important thing will be a big alpha patch. more ilands more stuff for the carebears. then the carebears fuel the economy and the game itself. look how much % pf the STeve population lives in 0.0..."

@Celebro
"Regarding industry facilities, being more efficient on beta than alpha to attract players does not work because Devs are attracting the wrong type of player to move to beta. Comparing EVE only because it's worked out for them; refining is more efficient on high sec than 0.0, which is opposite of what we have here."

@Sundial
"Missions need better high end rewards / reasons to run them.
This gives solo / small corp players something to do / way to make good money and fuels the market with high end goods / ammo.
Im sorry but sparks / ammo is not enough to make running missions profitable.
Add that to the fact that all the tough missions are on beta only which does not work for solo / small group players...
I don't bother logging into perp when I only have 1-2 hours to play because there is nothing I can do within that time that is worth doing.
Solution:

Add spark teleport, high end missions rewards, increase mission rewards."

Just to say that i am not carebaere,but i realize that without people who are farming game is nothing because of economy etc...
Ima FC in eve,so its not post about me and my complaning abot money or if u think that i want to more money,youre wrong !
I want that this game become one of the best mmo games,and its not unavailable...

- this above is 1000% what we need here... I just hope that will devs listen to us!
Perp is strongly regulated game with:
-pvp : anti-blob perfect solution and lot of manuvering and tactics in pvp (guerilla warefare in first place) etc
-pve : -missions are sucks (need better story/reward)etc,but ratting is awesome
          -convoys are awesome also,because they are strong
-industry: kernel tree/ct story/mining etc = just perfect

DEVS,

you have FOUNDATION that u cant imagine in comparison to eve!
DONT *** up it! Just sit on chair and discuss this above..

BTW, i am in Zagreb so i can come to Pesta on tee break! smile