Re: Gargaj, release API documentation

Yeah, if I could access my factory lines from work through an API, I'd probably do nothing else all day ... wait, i do that anyway now smile

So what you are doing now is preferring one player(not even player), over your whole player-base. Either give API to everyone or none. What you are doing atm is pretty corrupt, imo.

* First corp thief in Perpetuums history.
* Kickstarted the killmail API support.
* Jasdemi's Shoppe - Mk2 CTS, Prototype Orders

28 (edited by Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia 2012-02-24 22:00:07)

It shouldn't be a high priority, but many corps alliances in eve have their own killboard for personal and great entertainment.

Here's some fun things that have been developed on different killboards:
*Whack a molle - was a fun flash based game of whack a mole, which had sir molle's head in it on the northern coalition's killboard. Made visiting the site kind of fun. I'm sure we as a community would take advantage of this, just picture: Chase lupus's cat with your mouse cursor..
*Art - You get to see some nice alliance/corp wide art done on their killboards which gives them some great identity.
*Fail o meter - one corp site had a rating people would put for how fail a fit was, or how failed the pilot got.
*Saw various images associated with different kills posted by the corp - was a neat way to personify the success of the kill.

It's not something that would bring money I think. APB had an awesome way of personalizing your ganks and kills, but for some reason it didn't take off.

Jasdemis Evil Twin wrote:

So what you are doing now is preferring one player(not even player), over your whole player-base. Either give API to everyone or none. What you are doing atm is pretty corrupt, imo.

Consider the API being in closed beta, some parts are still being worked out. (Most notably the terms of use.) The fact that it's being tested by a person who's not in game (i.e. has no affiliation) is probably a good thing too.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia wrote:

It shouldn't be a high priority, but many corps alliances in eve have their own killboard for personal and great entertainment.

Here's some fun things that have been developed on different killboards:
*Whack a molle - was a fun flash based game of whack a mole, which had sir molle's head in it on the northern coalition's killboard. Made visiting the site kind of fun. I'm sure we as a community would take advantage of this, just picture: Chase lupus's cat with your mouse cursor..
*Art - You get to see some nice alliance/corp wide art done on their killboards which gives them some great identity.
*Fail o meter - one corp site had a rating people would put for how fail a fit was, or how failed the pilot got.
*Saw various images associated with different kills posted by the corp - was a neat way to personify the success of the kill.

It's not something that would bring money I think. APB had an awesome way of personalizing your ganks and kills, but for some reason it didn't take off.

You only have to look at somar blink. Awesome use of API to add something really worldclass to the game.

http://cogdev.net/blink/

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

wow nice!

oh guys he opened back up the killboards! WOOT~

Jasdemi wrote:

Perp-Kill.net is corrupt and filled with ads.

+1

Solution:

AdBlock

now its completely broken....

Someone DDoS'ing perp-kill now?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

it's a tarp!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.