1 (edited by Misha Untaga 2012-02-20 21:06:50)

Topic: Untrusted SSL certificate in Chrome for secure.perpetuum-online.com

The SSL certificate for secure.perpetuum-online.com doesn't seem to be trusted by Chrome, resulting in scary warning screens:

http://imgur.com/wLR1t.png - "The site security certificate is not trusted!"
http://imgur.com/uyITC.png - Microserv e-Szigno Root CA "This root certificate is not trusted"

This is with Chrome 17.0.963.56 on OSX. While I know how to install a root certificate, this might very well prevent potential new subscribers from registering due to security concerns.

Re: Untrusted SSL certificate in Chrome for secure.perpetuum-online.com

I'm not seeing this issue and I have the same version of Chrome but I am on a different OS.

OMG, that's scary!

Get a real comp, my chrome is ok tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

It's weird but there seems to be a discrepancy between the root certificates provided for the Windows and Mac versions - I know I made sure both IE/Chrome/Firefox validate the cert correctly (Opera still has a problem), but I didn't know the OSX version is lacking, but as said it's strange because the Windows version validates correctly.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:

It's weird but there seems to be a discrepancy between the root certificates provided for the Windows and Mac versions - I know I made sure both IE/Chrome/Firefox validate the cert correctly (Opera still has a problem), but I didn't know the OSX version is lacking, but as said it's strange because the Windows version validates correctly.

So we'll get less users for an unsupported version of the client.
Sounds.. Err.. Balanced?

I AM NOT A GM™

Alexandra wrote:

So we'll get less users for an unsupported version of the client.
Sounds.. Err.. Balanced?

Ah, you have seen through my masterplan of getting the OSX client supported wink

I'd love to see native Linux and Mac clients but given that a lot of big companies can't managed this I don't like to ask for too much. hmm

There are usually other options at the user end (Duel Booting, Boot Camp or whatever Apple call it) which isn't perfect but it's.. a start..

I AM NOT A GM™